• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Your First Car

Kadaffi

is it the carina GT u r talking about? If so can I get some more information please...

year of manufacture

auto or manual

asking price..

It's one of the best 98's Manual GT's around.. cant post any thing more than that.. forum rules, I think any one of the three local moderators on autolanka will have my phone number.. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make - toyota

Model - celica

Year - 1986

Price - 2000 aud

my 1st car bought it in 1995 in melbourne,black colour, few eng mods,15 oz mags,lether seats n its beauty...that time i was runinig abt 200kms a day 5 days a week..was fun 2 drive on talamarine freeway most of the times i was hitting 150kmh..i still miss it had only few repairs n all were done by srilak motors dandinong ..sold it 2 a mate in 1996 n bought the celica gt4

It's one of the best 98's Manual GT's around.. cant post any thing more than that.. forum rules, I think any one of the three local moderators on autolanka will have my phone number.. :D

machan can u pass me ur email address please... my father is looking for a car in sl.. he likes GT alot.. :P

Did the Autozam have the same (BP) engine that was used in the Miata? I've always wondered what parts if any, are similar between an Autozam and a Miata.

My first car was a Doctor Sunny! Utterly boring, also utterly reliable, I treated it like shit yet it gave no trouble. Never got emotionally attached to her though; then I bought an old Merc, lots of problems, but love at first start

:mellow:

My first car was a Doctor Sunny! Utterly boring, also utterly reliable, I treated it like shit yet it gave no trouble. Never got emotionally attached to her though; then I bought an old Merc, lots of problems, but love at first start

Ans :- a Mazda known to be a hardy car……so no wonder you experienced it …..

Ques :- Did the Autozam have the same (BP) engine that was used in the Miata? I've always wondered what parts if any, are similar between an Autozam and a Miata.

Ans :- I don’t think so machan… their totally different concepts…. These are the Mazda Autozam models they put out in 1991 to 1998 (Mazda Precidia, Eunos 30X, Eunos Presso,

Autozam AZ-3, Mazda AZ-3

History Mazda Autozam – MX-3

The Mazda MX-3 was a four-seat hatchback produced from September 1991 to 1998. The MX-3 was based on the EC platform.

The MX-3 came with two engine options — a 1.6 L I4 and 1.8 L V6. The straight-4 was available in two versions, 88 hp (66 kW) SOHC or 106 hp (79 kW) DOHC/16-valve. The more-powerful DOHC 24-valve V6 produced 127 hp (94 kW) and was available with an optional automatic.

The MX-3 was marketed as the Mazda MX-3 Precidia in Canada, the Eunos 30X in Australia, and as the Eunos Presso, Autozam AZ-3 and Mazda AZ-3 in Japan.

The MX-3 is notable for having one of the lowest displacement V6 engines ever fitted to a production vehicle, with a 1.8 L V6.

It had a top speed of approximately 136 mph (219 km/h), and a 0-60 mph (100 km/h) time of 8.5 seconds. It has a turn rate of 0.89 g (8.7 m/s²) and its handling capabilities are one of the best in class.

The V6 engine was impressive for the time, belonging to the Mazda K-series, which were used in a range of Mazda vehicles. These engines were designed to be smooth, very long lasting, and high torque across the RPM range. These engines used a variable length intake manifold (VLIM), in order to provide optimal torque using intake resonance. Mazda called their system on the MX-3 the "Variable Resonance Induction System" (VRIS). This engine had a 7000 RPM redline, and a 7800 RPM fuel cutoff.

The MX-3 used Mazda's proprietary Twin-Trapezoidal Link (TTL) for the rear suspension. It passively allowed the rear wheels to turn slightly in order to enhance handling. It has been used on a range of Mazda vehicles, providing a smooth ride, yet delivering responsive handling while minimizing body lean.

In 1993, Mazda Canada offered a limited Special Edition model of its Mazda MX-3 GS to celebrate the company's 25th year in Canada. At the same time, Mazda USA offered a similar model as a Special Edition as well. Only a total of 2,000 Special Edition models were supposedly made. The special edition MX-3 featured a slightly tuned version of the V6 engine, heated leather seats, custom 15 in alloy wheels. Most special edition models came in the color Raspberry Metallic, however, there were also Blaze Red and Brilliant Black colors available for the Special Edition.

Mazda Miata & MX-5

Models ( MX-5, Mazda Miata, Eunos Roadster, Mazda Roadster )

The Mazda MX-5 is a popular sports car built by Mazda in Hiroshima, Japan. Popularly known as Miata in North America, it is also known just as the Mazda MX-5 in Oceania and Europe and the Eunos Roadster or Mazda Roadster in Japan. It was initially unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show on 10 February, 1989. The Miata is the world's best-selling sports car, with 720,407 cars produced and sold between February 1989 and March 31 2005.

The Miata was designed to be a basic roadster with a minimum of unnecessary weight and complexity. The first Miata was designed in California, USA and Worthing, England. Its design is inspired by, some say copied from, the Lotus Elan, a 1960s roadster that is widely considered to be one of the best handling sports cars of its day.

The Miata has a traditional front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout and 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension. It comes with a 1.6 L, 1.8 L or 2.0 L longitudinally mounted engine coupled to a manual transmission (an automatic transmission is available, though rare).

The body is a conventional, but very light, unibody shell. Miatas also incorporate a unique trusswork called the Powerplant Frame (PPF) which connects the engine to the differential, minimizing flex and creating a tight, responsive feel. Many Miatas feature limited slip differentials and antilock brakes, but none have traction control.

With a 50:50 front/rear weight balance (when measured with an average weight driver and a 2/3 full gas tank), the car has a very neutral handling, which makes it easy to drive for the beginner, and fun for the advanced driver. Inducing oversteer is easy and well controllable. The Miata is popular in amateur and stock racing events, particularly the Sports Car Club of America's Solo-II autocross series, as well as Spec Miata driving.

Since production began, over 700,000 Miatas have been made, leading the Guinness Book of Records to name it the world's best-selling sports car on February 13 2002. :D