• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vtech Honda's Out Of 8-10

Overdrive

Does anybody know anything about the honda v-tech's not being able to take part in the 8-10 event as effect of now.

I heard that they have to run in the 6-8 modified event. Some issue about the horse power. Not sure what the real reasons behind it but races like Siddi.F have have to run with fully moded sir's and type R's.

Anybody can shed any light on the matter?

Does anybody know anything about the honda v-tech's not being able to take part in the 8-10 event as effect of now.

I heard that they have to run in the 6-8 modified event. Some issue about the horse power. Not sure what the real reasons behind it but races like Siddi.F have have to run with fully moded sir's and type R's.

Anybody can shed any light on the matter?

It's V-TEC!!!!

Yep some new stupid rule..

It works something link this..

For the 8-10 event your car has to have at least 8kg of weight per horse power point.. This is calculated by dividing the car's weight by the hp rating..

Therefore if you take an 1993 EG8 it would be 1040kg/130hp= 8kg per hp (right on the limit) These figures are for a factory JDM civic.

Now what has happened is that some tom/dick/harry has found that there was a EG8 civic that was produced that has weight of less than 1040kg. that being the case the EG8 becomes an illegal car in the 8-10 event. Thats why they have banned the EG8 I think.

Of course there is another argument to say the EG8 came with only 127hp or something close to that.. that gives it 1040/127=8.18 and is ok to race. Problem here is that the cars that came with 127hp odd engine have a weight of less than 1000kg!!!! so that option is out as well..

Maybe someone who is into the racing scene can confirm this..The below link may proove useful:

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/honda/...o/1993_9/12535/ :action-smiley-060:

It's V-TEC!!!!

Of course racing the Ek3's will not be an issue cause they usually are about 1070kg with 130hp ;)

[hm.m.m. what abt the 1000kg v tec -e with the 120 bhp..mmm(im not gonna talk abt the computer box changes we can do to it))

It's V-TEC!!!!

Yep some new stupid rule..

It works something link this..

For the 8-10 event your car has to have at least 8kg of weight per horse power point.. This is calculated by dividing the car's weight by the hp rating..

Therefore if you take an 1993 EG8 it would be 1040kg/130hp= 8kg per hp (right on the limit) These figures are for a factory JDM civic.

Now what has happened is that some tom/dick/harry has found that there was a EG8 civic that was produced that has weight of less than 1040kg. that being the case the EG8 becomes an illegal car in the 8-10 event. Thats why they have banned the EG8 I think.

Of course there is another argument to say the EG8 came with only 127hp or something close to that.. that gives it 1040/127=8.18 and is ok to race. Problem here is that the cars that came with 127hp odd engine have a weight of less than 1000kg!!!! so that option is out as well..

Maybe someone who is into the racing scene can confirm this..The below link may proove useful:

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/honda/...o/1993_9/12535/ :action-smiley-060:

Of course racing the Ek3's will not be an issue cause they usually are about 1070kg with 130hp ;)

Some one said it was an issue a confusion between BHP and PS. In anycase why has this taken so long to come to light. this event has been there for a long time. ZACKI'S old v-tech runs in this category right? The red one. anyway how do they expect these cars to compete in the 6-8 modified when most of the cars are much lighter sir's and type R's?

[hm.m.m. what abt the 1000kg v tec -e with the 120 bhp..mmm(im not gonna talk abt the computer box changes we can do to it))

machan ur the bugger who knows this stuff. You are always at the weighing area and all. So tell us what this is all about and are they going to be racing 6-8?

The issue at hand is that club officials are now deciding to rate PS as beind dead equal to BHP after many years of accepting a conversion factor.

Take for example the average Civic VTi (EG8) that runs in that class. Honda quotes 1060 kg and 130 PS. Now, if you do a little bit of research on the internet you'll find that PS is equal to hp(DIN) and is also called metric horsepower. You'll also find that PS is now an obsolete standard and to get to BHP you have multiply the PS value by a factor of 0.9863 which gives you 128.22 bhp.

By the way, for some reason, the clubs don't accept the weight of the car as being 1060 kg and insist on 1040 kg. Under those circumstances, 1040kg divided by 128.22 hp equals 8.11 kg/hp which is pefectly within the legal limits of the class.

However, now, after many years of accepting the above adjustment, these officials are claiming that PS is equal to HP and that 1040/130 is 8 kg/hp. However, since the rule actually calls for cars that are 8.05 kg/hp and above, the EG8 is no longer eligible.

This is a stupid rule that is just going to cost 8 to 10 kg/hp entries and generally discourage entries. There is a flimsy argument for PS but it doesn't accept that PS is now an obsolete standard. How can we expect the spirit of motor racing to be fostered if these kind of draconian laws are implemented?

The sad news is that, for April, the battle was lost yesterday. Dilan will now have to run in modified, Group A upto 1600 cc, with a minimum of modifications because of the late notice.

But, the battle will resume post-April.

The issue at hand is that club officials are now deciding to rate PS as beind dead equal to BHP after many years of accepting a conversion factor.

Take for example the average Civic VTi (EG8) that runs in that class. Honda quotes 1060 kg and 130 PS. Now, if you do a little bit of research on the internet you'll find that PS is equal to hp(DIN) and is also called metric horsepower. You'll also find that PS is now an obsolete standard and to get to BHP you have multiply the PS value by a factor of 0.9863 which gives you 128.22 bhp.

By the way, for some reason, the clubs don't accept the weight of the car as being 1060 kg and insist on 1040 kg. Under those circumstances, 1040kg divided by 128.22 hp equals 8.11 kg/hp which is pefectly within the legal limits of the class.

However, now, after many years of accepting the above adjustment, these officials are claiming that PS is equal to HP and that 1040/130 is 8 kg/hp. However, since the rule actually calls for cars that are 8.05 kg/hp and above, the EG8 is no longer eligible.

This is a stupid rule that is just going to cost 8 to 10 kg/hp entries and generally discourage entries. There is a flimsy argument for PS but it doesn't accept that PS is now an obsolete standard. How can we expect the spirit of motor racing to be fostered if these kind of draconian laws are implemented?

The sad news is that, for April, the battle was lost yesterday. Dilan will now have to run in modified, Group A upto 1600 cc, with a minimum of modifications because of the late notice.

But, the battle will resume post-April.

Thanks KLM. That was the answer i was looking for. So in other words I smell a RAT. How about Siddi Farook. I heard that he no longer wants to race. Is that true? What has become of SL racing....i mean seriously. Do they think the other drivers are at a disadvantage or something?

:D:D

Thanks KLM. That was the answer i was looking for. So in other words I smell a RAT. How about Siddi Farook. I heard that he no longer wants to race. Is that true? What has become of SL racing....i mean seriously. Do they think the other drivers are at a disadvantage or something?

:D:D

You're right. You DO smell a rat.

Overdrive, do I know you? I'm starting to think that I do, somehow. Sid will be in the same predicament, but he isn't taking part in April anyway.

You're right. You DO smell a rat.

Overdrive, do I know you? I'm starting to think that I do, somehow. Sid will be in the same predicament, but he isn't taking part in April anyway.

You could be knowing me. I need to think really hard on this matter co i have mutual interest in the sport.Shall do that at work. By the way it's 08.13 am here in uk and i'm late for work. Shall discuss this further..Thanks mate.

someone seriously needs to point the "powers that be" to some technical info on this. for anyone interested in the technical aspects of PS & HP browse over to the following link and search for "metric horsepower" on that page

http://www.answers.com/topic/horsepower

Some one said it was an issue a confusion between BHP and PS. In anycase why has this taken so long to come to light. this event has been there for a long time. ZACKI'S old v-tech runs in this category right? The red one. anyway how do they expect these cars to compete in the 6-8 modified when most of the cars are much lighter sir's and type R's?

machan ur the bugger who knows this stuff. You are always at the weighing area and all. So tell us what this is all about and are they going to be racing 6-8?

This ofcourse is a disappointing development in the racing arena. We hope the officials will come to their senses with immediate affect as this may cause many entries to diminish in the races to come. With this new rule brought in we comprehend the extent to which our officials have educacy in this field, if they have any that is. Making such a haphazzard move is one thing and if it was made in the best interest of the cars involved and the racing industry as whole is another. So to all the people who influenced this uneducated decision we ask, please revoke it immediately!

This ofcourse is a disappointing development in the racing arena. We hope the officials will come to their senses with immediate affect as this may cause many entries to diminish in the races to come. With this new rule brought in we comprehend the extent to which our officials have educacy in this field, if they have any that is. Making such a haphazzard move is one thing and if it was made in the best interest of the cars involved and the racing industry as whole is another. So to all the people who influenced this uneducated decision we ask, please revoke it immediately!

Totally agree with that. They should indeed revoke it!!! What one should understand is that Sri lankan motor racing is growing or has alot of room to grow. A sport dominated by the people with deep pockets. They obviously get more sponsorships when they win races. The majority of the races race without even a proper sponsorship and with their own funds. But still they are determined to race under these circumstances. They should be motivated not demoralized by such baseless acts. If they want Sri Lankan motor sports to have a future they should get their act together. FAST!!!