• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problems In Corolla 110

Edward

Question

Hi Guys,

I bought a corolla 110, 1999 model. Auto transmissiom. petrol car. I do have the following problems in it. Please help me to get rid of these problems.

1. The oil light blinks, some times when the car is in running. But the oil level is correct. What can be the reason?

2. The seat belt, does not go back to its original position, when released some times. But hangs like a rope.

3. The engine speed goes up, when the car is in nutral ( The rpm goes upto 1000 & come back to 800 some times)

take your car to Toyota Lanka wattala as soon as possible. if your oil pressure indicator blinks don't run your car. take your car to toyota lanka and do complete engine test plugging to the analyzer. don't late. take your car to Toyota lanka.

by the way EDWARD did you buy AE110 after Nissan?

oil light will not represent only oil level. it represent oil pressure of the engine. some time it may be engine oil pump not working properly, pumb oil suction line may clogged, filter may have been blocked and so on lot of reasons. so take your car to agents. DONT LATE.

Edited by Nilantha

Hi Guys,

I bought a corolla 110, 1999 model. Auto transmissiom. petrol car. I do have the following problems in it. Please help me to get rid of these problems.

1. The oil light blinks, some times when the car is in running. But the oil level is correct. What can be the reason?

2. The seat belt, does not go back to its original position, when released some times. But hangs like a rope.

3. The engine speed goes up, when the car is in nutral ( The rpm goes upto 1000 & come back to 800 some times)

From what i know it could mean only two things. Either the cars oil pressure switch has gone bad, or the oil pump has become faulty and is not pumping oil to the required pressure.

Get an oil pressure test done as quickly as possible. If the oil pressure is normal. That means its the switch.

If not, its, the oil pump. Be warned! do not continue to drive your vehicle in this state as if its a faulty oil pump, it will cause excessive engine wear.

Hi Guys,

You know, this is a very rare happening on AL, most people who buy Corollas rarely if ever admit to ANY faults in them.... The gentleman who made the first answer is a case in point...

any way, your oil issue has been responded to, just a quick line to address points 2 and 3...

The seat belt not going back means that the return mechanism is probably worn, this tends to happen with age. Not sure where that can be sorted out though, perhaps at darley road, or you could ask at Toyota when you take the car in..

As for the engine idle... that behaviour can be caused by various things, Fuel issues, ECU issues, air flow etc, so the best thing would be to get the whole car checked out.... Running a diagnostic at Toyota is the best bet... but do remember to get an estimate before you ask them to carry out repairs..... you can probably get the same work done at half cost elsewhere.

Your e

I really, REALLY wanna know why you asked that.

i also want to know it from EDWARD. first EDWARD used Toyota Carina and after he changed to Nissan N16 telling Toyota stuff more expensive and without paying more for toyota he was telling in the forum he could buy nissan never model for same price and so on. so i want to know if he has any special reason to change to toyota back.

for The seat belt issue i will tel u cheap and quality way. you go to Japan Lanka Kalubovila, US Motors Hill street or Delkanda there are many used spare parts shops. you go and tel your seat belt problem they will give you good quality seat belt set for cheap price ( 1500/= 2000/=) you can fix it from a garage or by your self.

also remember this. some seat belts need power to work properly. if your seat belt power model (need power to work the mechanism) it has to be a power problem. may be fused burned. anyway better thing is take your car to agents. take them advise.

Edited by Nilantha

i also want to know it from EDWARD. first EDWARD used Toyota Carina and after he changed to Nissan N16 telling Toyota stuff more expensive and without paying more for toyota he was telling in the forum he could buy nissan never model for same price and so on. so i want to know if he has any special reason to change to toyota back.

arent we all a bit too old for " i told you so" remarks and "toyota rocks Nissan sucks" conversations. And anyway, whatver car Edward owned previously really has no connections to his problems with his current car, so the gentlemanly thing to do would be to help him if we could and not pass judgement on his choice of vehicle.

PS: and from the fact that you had to mention "goto toyota lanka/agent" FOUR times kinda says where your question is gonna lead.

Edited by Dilesh

He had a good offer on his Nissan, and obviously found cheap car after that.

arent we all a bit too old for " i told you so" remarks and "toyota rocks Nissan sucks" conversations. And anyway, whatver car Edward owned previously really has no connections to his problems with his current car, so the gentlemanly thing to do would be to help him if we could and not pass judgement on his choice of vehicle.

PS: and from the fact that you had to mention "goto toyota lanka/agent" FOUR times kinda says where your question is gonna lead.

Are you even surprised? i mean, the bloke after all is...........TOYOTAMAN!!! waging war against the evil Nissan corporation since 2007, Striving hard to save the brainwashed nissan drivers and carry them to the promised land of toyota where all is sweetness and light!!

On a more sensible note, I dont suppose you ever considered the possibility that edward still has his N16, and that perhaps the 110 is his wife's car, or his father's, or his own second car, hmm?

oh no wait i forgot, In toyotaland a person can NEVER own a nissan and a toyota at the same time can they?

On a more sensible note, I dont suppose you ever considered the possibility that edward still has his N16, and that perhaps the 110 is his wife's car, or his father's, or his own second car, hmm?

oh no wait i forgot, In toyotaland a person can NEVER own a nissan and a toyota at the same time can they?

The mans sold it dude. Check his posting history. Errrmmm Actually, I have no idea if you CAN do that, but just check :) I did.

Tho I think Nilantha is keeping notes on Toyota owners past and present in a notebook somewhere. Honestly, who could remember a post made by the man last year saying he was buying an N16 coz he can get a newer car for the money than a Corolla? :blink:

Hi Guys,

If you get the oil light blinking issue more often then stop running the car completely and get it checked by a good mechanic. This could be an indication of possible sludge formation within the engine causing a reduction in oil pressure. If this is the case and if you ignore it and continue using the car, this could do serious damage to the engine.

Now dont get scared.What i mentioned above is just one possibility. You might be getting the oil light blinking issue due to other reasons that others have mentioned here. Since proper lubrication :D is vital for smooth operation ;) and the life of the engine, i suggest you get it checked ASAP.. :grinning-smiley-003:

Edited by GearHead

...uuuhhhh...no comment... :lol:

hahahaaa! Unless someone isan agent for a brand or is a major importer of spaed for that brand along i really cant see why someone would be SO adment about making people go toyota!

Hi Guys,

Edward, You have to do a engine tune up & servicing on some of your engine parts! Can direct you to the right place< You can contact me on 0750-110203 (Shiran) :)

Edward, You have to do a engine tune up & servicing on some of your engine parts! Can direct you to the right place< You can contact me on 0750-110203 (Shiran) :)

hey dude,

sorry if i sound blunt or rude, but are you a mechanic ordo you have a repair joint, cos whenever someone has a mechanical problem you ask them to call you, as opposed to helping them over the forum.

What kind of mechanical-area/make do you specialize in?

:)

Edited by Dilesh

hey dude,

sorry if i sound blunt or rude, but are you a mechanic ordo you have a repair joint, cos whenever someone has a mechanical problem you ask them to call you, as opposed to helping them over the forum.

What kind of mechanical-area/make do you specialize in?

:)

i've been meaning to ask my self...

whats the connection to Bruce motors? :huh:

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all the replys. yes I was having a N16, & I got a very good offer & I sold it. But I wanted a car with good fuel effciency, therefore I selected corolla 110, which I could buy, little lesser price than I sold the N 16. I was ok with the N 16, except the fuel effciency, that is the only reason, I wanted to sell it.

I was driving the corolla on last thursday night from Ratmalana to Kandana, that is when I noticed the oil bulb blinking thrice ( it blinked a split scond & stopped). On the same day I posted. But I was running till now ( about 250 KM) The oil light never blinked after that. I could not see your replys, till now, since I was attending my brothers wedding during the W/E. Why it has not stopped blinking after that? any Ideas. Any way I will take it to a technician tomorrow. I could not hear a differant noice, or any other unusual thing in the engine.

Also I will get the engine tuned.

But another problem I notice when I was driving after that, when I reached 60kmph, I cannot spead more than that in keeping the same RPM, the engine races, but does run faster than that,I think the O.D gear does not enter properly. If I need to speed more than that, I need to press the gas padel harder & increase the RPM. I asked a know guy, he told me, it is time to change the gear box. If that is correct, where can I buy one, who can fix it for me. Preferable a place close to Ratmalana.

well, only one way to check if the O/D is engaging properly. goto a peice of traffic-free road, and start accelarating a bit hard from a standstill, see how many gearshifts you obeserve/feel. If you feel 2 you've got O/D issues, if its 3 you're OK, and if you get 4, Toyota have been extra generous and have put a extra gear in there just for you. :D.. hehe, just kidding on the last one)

well, only one way to check if the O/D is engaging properly. goto a peice of traffic-free road, and start accelarating a bit hard from a standstill, see how many gearshifts you obeserve/feel. If you feel 2 you've got O/D issues, if its 3 you're OK, and if you get 4, Toyota have been extra generous and have put a extra gear in there just for you. :D.. hehe, just kidding on the last one)

When doing what Dilesh has mentioned, make sure the engine is in operating temperature. OD doesn't engage when the engine is cold.

But another problem I notice when I was driving after that, when I reached 60kmph, I cannot spead more than that in keeping the same RPM, the engine races, but does run faster than that,I think the O.D gear does not enter properly. If I need to speed more than that, I need to press the gas padel harder & increase the RPM. I asked a know guy, he told me, it is time to change the gear box. If that is correct, where can I buy one, who can fix it for me. Preferable a place close to Ratmalana.

Two cases..either you've swiched off the OD select.If not you got a faulty speed sensor.Faulty speed sensor prevents OD engage.Most likely its the case #2 since other shift changes are smooth.

MINIACE

No its not!! Wrong statement

MINIACE

Mini, I'm not an expert but I made that statement based on my experience. In the morning until the engine temperature comes to a certain point OD doesn't work. At least in my vehicle (Toyota Carina). :rolleyes:

Mini, I'm not an expert but I made that statement based on my experience. In the morning until the engine temperature comes to a certain point OD doesn't work. At least in my vehicle (Toyota Carina). :rolleyes:

This is the gloomy element of all. Members state various with poise, if truth be told unjustifiable. Misguiding is a felony I find.

MINIACE