• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Ae101

nuwanr

Hi All,

What is your idea about ae101 , 4 speed manual car.

I hv an opotunity to buy this one.

But since its some different version from AE100 I am warring about the market and reselling price .

So what how this car differ from other corolla at that years in every aspect?

hay .. i think both cars are really decent on the road. after all both are toyotas and selling thwm will not be an issue. we are now in 2009 and purchasing a 1992/93 model only few cars add up to have really good feel hassle free motoring. toyota corolla and carina and both top dogs when it comes to trouble free motoring in sri lanka . if you want to sell a car before 12.00 in the after noon better pick a corolla and i can assue you that corolla is the easiest car to re sell in sri lanka if you want a quick cash in flow for some emeregncy. its like having cash in he bank.

cheers / Tyronne

i had AE-101 1.5CC 5 speed model. but it is White light SE Limited Gold Batch 1995 model. i sold it 1.1M

just out of curiosity.. i've noticed when it comes to Corollas and Sunnys there is a HUGE supiriority given to certain models over others. Example maybe one that has a tacho meter or a electric -antena or read head rests. then you get aniversery models. and like Nilantha's mentioned 'white lights'/'gold model' (i personally dotn even know what those mean) And the price difference is quite significant between these models in the 2nd hand market. I'm not sure if there was that much a price difference when bought brand new.

So my question, ARE these price differences justifiable?

just out of curiosity.. i've noticed when it comes to Corollas and Sunnys there is a HUGE supiriority given to certain models over others. Example maybe one that has a tacho meter or a electric -antena or read head rests. then you get aniversery models. and like Nilantha's mentioned 'white lights'/'gold model' (i personally dotn even know what those mean) And the price difference is quite significant between these models in the 2nd hand market. I'm not sure if there was that much a price difference when bought brand new.

SL market prices are justifiable and has a reason behind it whether this reason is logical or not is a different question. Better cars with safety and advance technology compared to Japanese counterparts, mainly European cars holds less re-sale due to spare parts and reason is unavailability of spares and higher maintenance costs. However there are few exceptions where the price differentiate is only based on outer appearance or look of the vehicle, new shell, crystal lights, english number plates are some examples. Gold badge is the latest release of the series and better equipped. Answer is all these price differences are not justifiable, but that's just what the Sri lankan vehicle market is. :rolleyes: . Also remember it's the only(?) market where vehicle prices appreciates over the time.

Edited by harshansenadhir

my view is price differences are justifiable. this is mainly due to the differences in CIF values for these different models and the way the local tax/duty figures are calculated. so the costs vary for cars with different bells and whistles hence the sellers have to quote different prices. which is a logical thing to do.

saying that there are people who take these price differences to a whole new level.

corolla is the easiest car to re sell in sri lanka if you want a quick cash in flow for some emeregncy. its like having cash in he bank.

cheers / Tyronne

a bit too optimistic I would say... selling a car depends mainly on the price tag.. also, when there are dozens of Corollas for sale, the chances of selling your own tend to be slim.

a bit too optimistic I would say... selling a car depends mainly on the price tag.. also, when there are dozens of Corollas for sale, the chances of selling your own tend to be slim.

i was speaking through my own experiences only in this forum. of course it depends on price , condition , luck the list goes on. Having owned cars for the past 20 years and many brands to that, for me toyota was the easiest to re sell. i've had a Fiat uno 45 fire which took nearly 4 months to find a buyer , a mazda 323 sports hatch which took 3 ads in the sunday observer , a nissan Ad wagon which was sold far less than market price , 2 mitsubishi lancer c12 wagons which again took a while to re sell . However a toyota corona at 170 full option sedan was sold on a saturday evening after advertising in sunday silumina , a toyota corolla ee96 wagon was again sold on sunday with one advertisement , toyota camry brand new one owner car sold with a big profit with one advertisement , a toyota corolla ae100 sold approxx 55,000 more than the original purchase price . As you will notice i find it easier re sell a toyota even though there are many toyotas available in the market. The fact is that toyota is the leading automotive volume brand presently, speaks volumes about its product attributes. A toyota corolla can find a buyer from colombo to ginigath hena , giradura kotte and it is limit less where as many other brands have limited appeal geopraphically. Rarely would some one from anuradhapura buy a alfa romeo , audi , subaru , fiat . i hope i've made my self clear on the topic

Cheers/ Tyrone

he fact is that toyota is the leading automotive volume brand presently, speaks volumes about its product attributes. A toyota corolla can find a buyer from colombo to ginigath hena , giradura kotte and it is limit less where as many other brands have limited appeal geopraphically. Rarely would some one from anuradhapura buy a alfa romeo , audi , subaru , fiat . i hope i've made my self clear on the topic

Cheers/ Tyrone

Just because everybody believes something is right doesn't actually mean that it right. does it? :)

Just because everybody believes something is right doesn't actually mean that it right. does it? :)

Rebel when everyone/majority believes in it, it doesn't really mater weather its right or wrong now does it? especially taking into account tyronne's circumstances who seems like making a living out of a buying and selling business.

Rebel when everyone/majority believes in it, it doesn't really mater weather its right or wrong now does it?

true, and refer to my previous reply in this thread. SL market behaves bit differently and some good cars, as accepted worldwide has less demand and generic cars holds high demand. This demand factor explains the high prices of generic car models like Toyota Corolla compared to counterparts and also holds a high value than higher classes of the same brand. Take Carina, Premio for an example..

true, and refer to my previous reply in this thread. SL market behaves bit differently and some good cars, as accepted worldwide has less demand and generic cars holds high demand. This demand factor explains the high prices of generic car models like Toyota Corolla compared to counterparts and also holds a high value than higher classes of the same brand. Take Carina, Premio for an example..

i think the latter models like the premio and carina are seen as bad on fuel...

another good thing is that with the generic models it's quite easy to find spares for toyotas...even older ones

the other day i was looking for a wing mirror for my sprinter and the only place in went to find one...had like 10 mirrors for ae100 and only 2 for sprinters

i think the used spares fellows also bring down more spares for the more popular/generic cars....

Its just the "Follow the Herd" mentality really.... we are a nation that LOVES the safe bet, and are pathologically averse to taking risks or trying something new, nowhere is this more evident that the dominance of the damned corolla in the car market.

Its just the "Follow the Herd" mentality really.... we are a nation that LOVES the safe bet, and are pathologically averse to taking risks or trying something new, nowhere is this more evident that the dominance of the damned corolla in the car market.

Wow, I'm taking a wild guess you'll never buy one :D

possibly and the other thing is that not all are looking for a car for the "driving pleasure"...

some folks will put in the effort and the investment cos they want the "DP"... and some really use it more towards functionality...

and this functionality has something to do with the "popular opinion"

especially when it comes to flogging off ya car for another one... :)

well explained the reasons behind SL car market prices..

another good thing is that with the generic models it's quite easy to find spares for toyotas...even older ones

ha ha ha very true. jsut ask Mini about his mission on finding those BMW parts

Ripster machang what does 'DP' stand for in your previous post??????

Wow, I'm taking a wild guess you'll never buy one :D

If you mean toyotas, i have couple... both are off roaders though.. when it comes to dependable 4x4 motoring, IMO nobody does it better than toyota..

If you mean Corollas, if the letters AE and the numbers 86 are in the model number, then definitely! :lol: