• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Car Wax ::

dragster

Question

18 answers to this question

hooo!! Ado, good one!! ;):alc:

ha ha very funny guys... hmm coming to think of it... that really was a good one.."polish my cherry" :D .. this is all Farzan's fault... :blush:

I'm using formula1.. but I think it's sort of cutting the paint... I need one that doesnt cut the paint...

yeah and kleenpark is ok... but I need something to wax it when I wash it at home...

is AutoGlym ok ? does it cut the paint ?

Since you're looking for something mild that won't cut the paint:

1. The unfallable turtle wax- not the best on the market, but gives a polish that lasts about 2-4 weeks depending on the weather.

2. For a deeper, lustier shine- i've found that waxes that have "carnauba wax" as an ingredient- meguires, Mothers, Autoglym (very expensive!) work pretty well.

3. 3M Showroom Finish- i'm using this right now; and IMO, its a great wax that lasts long...no carnauba ingredients though....

good luck

Since you're looking for something mild that won't cut the paint:

1. The unfallable turtle wax- not the best on the market, but gives a polish that lasts about 2-4 weeks depending on the weather.

2. For a deeper, lustier shine- i've found that waxes that have "carnauba wax" as an ingredient- meguires, Mothers, Autoglym (very expensive!) work pretty well.

3. 3M Showroom Finish- i'm using this right now; and IMO, its a great wax that lasts long...no carnauba ingredients though....

good luck

cool.. where can I buy it from ? and how about the 3M ? is that good ?

Hm car wax , i use Eagle One products, there r 2 types of body waxes http://www.eagleone.com

1 Wax As-U-Dry

New, improved formula — now with anti-corrosion protection and a longer lasting shine without all the effort.

Spray on wet car, wipe off, you’re done

Dries to a lustrous shine

New formula last three times longer

More carnauba for longer lasting protection

Hit the road faster with Wax As-U-Dry. Just spray on a wet car, wipe off and you’re left with a lustrous shine and a lot more time on your hands. Our new formulation has twice the carnauba for longer-lasting protection. Plus, anti-corrosion technology protects your paint from damaging corrosive elements. Wax As-U-Dry — it’s the easiest way to wax your car. Can be used on a wet or dry surface.

2 Nano Wax

NanoWax is our most technologically advanced wax created using Nano technology. This formula is better at filling fine scratches and concealing swirl marks than traditional waxes. It also provides an amazing shine and leaves no wax residue behind. We believe NanoWax is the best performing high gloss wax formula on the market today. It's an easier way to protect your car with a long lasting wax and high gloss shine.

Easy to remove, no white residue

Conceals minor scratches and swirl marks

Comes in a convenient pump bottle for control and ease-of-use

Smoother coating minimizes smearing after polishing

n for nano wax they give special cloath, n the best thing is its easy to remove n smells good :D

Available at arpico showrooms

Currently, 3M is easily available at any dealer/ detailing centre that carries the 3M logo (as far as i know).

Just be really careful which one you get- there is an extensive range, and the one you want to get is the showroom finish ("quick" wax).

Mothers, Meguires are not easily found in SL- most of them are personal one-time imports.

Turtle Wax/Formula 1- any paint shop carries them!

Also, it would be worth paying a visit to M.Maktoum (spelling?) on Union Place (not sure of the name, but its the only auto-paint mixing shop opposite of A*W...roughly)- and see what they have in stock...

Hm car wax , i use Eagle One products, there r 2 types of body waxes http://www.eagleone.com

1 Wax As-U-Dry

New, improved formula — now with anti-corrosion protection and a longer lasting shine without all the effort.

Spray on wet car, wipe off, you’re done

Dries to a lustrous shine

New formula last three times longer

More carnauba for longer lasting protection

Hit the road faster with Wax As-U-Dry. Just spray on a wet car, wipe off and you’re left with a lustrous shine and a lot more time on your hands. Our new formulation has twice the carnauba for longer-lasting protection. Plus, anti-corrosion technology protects your paint from damaging corrosive elements. Wax As-U-Dry — it’s the easiest way to wax your car. Can be used on a wet or dry surface.

2 Nano Wax

NanoWax is our most technologically advanced wax created using Nano technology. This formula is better at filling fine scratches and concealing swirl marks than traditional waxes. It also provides an amazing shine and leaves no wax residue behind. We believe NanoWax is the best performing high gloss wax formula on the market today. It's an easier way to protect your car with a long lasting wax and high gloss shine.

Easy to remove, no white residue

Conceals minor scratches and swirl marks

Comes in a convenient pump bottle for control and ease-of-use

Smoother coating minimizes smearing after polishing

n for nano wax they give special cloath, n the best thing is its easy to remove n smells good :D

Available at arpico showrooms

ade.. cool.. thanks machang.. I think I'll go for the nanowax

ade.. cool.. thanks machang.. I think I'll go for the nanowax

yeah im using it n many of my friends too, u can buy one wax or if u want u can use both, but trust me its great ,what im doing is i wax the entire body using wax as u dry, bt i wax the bonnet using nano wax to get extra shine ( cus its black color ) :D

as i know wax as u dry cost around 750 rs n nano wax around 1500 rs with the microfiber cloth

yeah im using it n many of my friends too, u can buy one wax or if u want u can use both, but trust me its great ,what im doing is i wax the entire body using wax as u dry, bt i wax the bonnet using nano wax to get extra shine ( cus its black color ) :D

as i know wax as u dry cost around 750 rs n nano wax around 1500 rs with the microfiber cloth

cool thanks machang

An update for those of you who might be interested:

The Agents (or at least, retailers) for Autoglym Car care is A*W-Pitst*p.

I just had a complete Cut/Polish done there and i have to say, the finish is stunning.

Autoglym claim to not use abrasive-based ingredients in their products, and they have an extensive professional range for restoring/repairing a paintjob.

They use orbital machines for the cut and polish- so the finish is even and consistent.

Note: the products they use for the cut/polish package are the Autoglym Professional range- i'm not sure if thats available for sale...

But they have the standard range of car care products on the shelf.

A medium sized car will cost around 3-4k for cut/polish. Relatively good deal if you get it done once every 6 months, and give a polish monthly at home...they will advise you on how to care for the paint after the work is done.

P*tst*p is by far, the most professional and well organized Service Stations i have been to. Not only are their staff very polite and knowlegeable, but they have a lounge (with cable!) and mini-cafeteria for the patrons. You don't have to break a sweat getting your vehicle cleaned up...

Edited by gunat

you should get one with a high carnauba content. I use malm's on my M3. ITs kinda expensive ( $125.00 USD). They might ship to Sri Lanka.

here is the link

(http://shop.malms.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=010&DEPT=1104955287&BACK=A0009A1B01070731579B1F01070731579F1I000010I1J01070560309J1

Edited by Lalithster

Hi Guys,

I was browsing through a forum and came across a wax called Turtle wax ice..... has any 1 used it or is it available here in SL.

You can also check out this site on detailing the car...

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=25

Have some issues with the sensors and stuff so need to get that sorted out prior to me blasting the hell out of the engine - not to mention the wallet..

:lol:

Some official reviews:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...car_polish.html

Don't know if any of these are available on our market (Autoglym, ArmorAll, Turtle wax basic), but the big surprise is that the new formula Turtle Wax comes out on top, beating 3 brands that I rate highly :Autoglym, Meguiers and Mothers. They didn't even make the top 5!!

Guess this will be more helpful for those of us who are still looking....

Edited by gunat