• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yom / Reg Year - Price Comparison

MkX

What is your suggestion when we buy used car in terms of YOM Vs Registered year for Honda EK3. Suppose both are with good interior and engine condition and VTEC

* YOM 96, Reg - 300/301-XXXX

* YOM 97/98, Reg - 19-XXXX priced 1lk - 1.5lks below the above one.

Which one you go for?

Note: This is same model, not 99/00 model. 96-98.

Edited by MkX

What is your suggestion when we buy used car in terms of YOM Vs Registered year for Honda EK3. Suppose both are with good interior and engine condition and VTEC

Which one you go for?

if both cars are equal on "condition" both cosmetically and mechanically...i would go for the newer model simply because it would be easier to resell than the older one...

Of this is the thing. YOM does seem to count a lot when it comes to after sale market. But you cant sell the

vehicle if it has an older registration number. So it is a touch and go stiuation for you. I would recommend you

to go for 19-XXXX only if it has crystal lights in it. Otherwise go for the 300-XXXX more sensible thing to do.

Which one you go for?

Of this is the thing. YOM does seem to count a lot when it comes to after sale market. But you cant sell the

vehicle if it has an older registration number. So it is a touch and go stiuation for you. I would recommend you

to go for 19-XXXX only if it has crystal lights in it. Otherwise go for the 300-XXXX more sensible thing to do.

crystal lights - are you referring to 99/00 model. Well if it's 99/00 model then, yes i will definately go for it. But this case 96-98 YOM but same model with different price which is based on YOM.

Which one you go for?

Note: This is same model, not 99/00 model. 96-98.

wait a minute. how come there's such a major discrepancy on the registration numbers???? is the 97/98 one brand new and the other one recon?

my memory on YOM against the registration number is very hazy so it well could be i'm talking out of my ass here

wait a minute. how come there's such a major discrepancy on the registration numbers???? is the 97/98 one brand new and the other one recon?

my memory on YOM against the registration number is very hazy so it well could be i'm talking out of my ass here

well the reg no. applies to the year that the vehicle was brought into SL...

say i got a 19- sprinter... YOM93..brought to SL in 97 according to papers... recently saw the same model car on the road with HN plates :)

possibly that car was brought to SL much later hence the english plates....

the newer plates might add a bit of value over the older plates though the car can be from the same YOM...

well the reg no. applies to the year that the vehicle was brought into SL...

say i got a 19- sprinter... YOM93..brought to SL in 97 according to papers... recently saw the same model car on the road with HN plates :)

possibly that car was brought to SL much later hence the english plates....

the newer plates might add a bit of value over the older plates though the car can be from the same YOM...

you are correct ripper. hence why i thought maybe the 97 car was imported brandnew and registered on the same year whereas the other car was imported 3 years later (arround year 1999) as a recon and registered then.

i can't see a reason why someone would import a civic and keep it for so long without registering it.

Guys.. Guys.. as you all discuss YES there is a confusion how 96 got 301, and 98 got 19 numbers.. :angry-smiley-024:

So tell me which car you go for :action-smiley-060::blink:

Most of us are thinking about reselling price when we buy a car because we don't want to keep it with us for ever.So in this case I go for a new registration number.See even in your case 301 number got a higher price...!!

But if I really like to use the car for a long time I will select the latest YOM because buying price and maintenance cost should be low and will balance the cost I loss when reselling..

Edited by abramoon

Guys.. Guys.. as you all discuss YES there is a confusion how 96 got 301, and 98 got 19 numbers.. :angry-smiley-024:

So tell me which car you go for :action-smiley-060::blink:

MkX if one car is brandnew and the other is not then it adds a whole new variable to the equation. i think the very first thing you need to do is find answers to the 'confusing' question.

MkX if one car is brandnew and the other is not then it adds a whole new variable to the equation. i think the very first thing you need to do is find answers to the 'confusing' question.

Those are recon ones. Din't come across Vi/Vti brand new ones. All brand new import were Exi model.

Considering the SL market I also feel go for new number (300/301/302) irrespective of YOM.

• 3 weeks later...

Another SL'kan 'ism' that amazes me.

A buyer is more than willing to spend a premium (200-300k) on a English plate car with say, 100k mileage (possibly more hacked too) than an equivalent older plate with half as much mileage. Where's the logic?

(Shake head)

Another SL'kan 'ism' that amazes me.

A buyer is more than willing to spend a premium (200-300k) on a English plate car with say, 100k mileage (possibly more hacked too) than an equivalent older plate with half as much mileage. Where's the logic?

(Shake head)

Simple logic. re sell value

Edited by MkX