• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Job Price

da coolest

Question

15 answers to this question

I need a good paint job for my civic. but dont have any idea about the prices. and places as well. how much would i have to pay for the complete paint job?

very vague question here mate, price is very much dependable on the place of the job, nature of the job whether you want to carry out an inside out paint job or just a over spray/re-spray and what material you insist to use, whether it's low cost products or high quality high cost materials.

My 406 had some scratches on the doors and boot. I tried a paint on two of the doors with a painter using a hand spray. But it clearly showed the difference between new paint and the original even though the color match was perfect. May be the cut was not done properly.

there after i didnt look at the other dents and scratches coz didnt wanna ruin the original paint by doing any cheap paint jobs. But last week i knocked the left front door on a gate and now its in realy in need of a good paint job. But what am not sure is whether it will need to get painted the whole body to erase the dents and scratches or only doing the patches using the original color will be enough. But the place i knocked will need to get pulled. And the next problem is getting matched the maroon color am having.

Anybody got this kind of a paint job at Spr*ym*ch or somewhere? Heard abt the horrible experiences at Mr. ***** and damn prices at KP and A*t* Mir**. I searched through the tons of threads on the forum but couldn't find much info on this kind of a situ. :unsure:

very vague question here mate, price is very much dependable on the place of the job, nature of the job whether you want to carry out an inside out paint job or just a over spray/re-spray and what material you insist to use, whether it's low cost products or high quality high cost materials.

Anybody got this kind of a paint job at Spr*ym*ch or somewhere? Heard abt the horrible experiences at Mr. ***** and damn prices at KP and A*t* Mir**. I searched through the tons of threads on the forum but couldn't find much info on this kind of a situ. :unsure:

in my experience, I never tried these places and the quote for a full paint job may be in excess of 100k. However you can get an above average job done for almost half the price you gonna pay up for their brand name. Also do some searching on the forum and you'll get to know some average garages yet they've done good jobs. Also for color matching part, matching the color only with the original color code is not enough, they should smart enough to match with the faded color on the body.

There is a good place at Pelawaththa (French Lion Automobiles) which i get repairs done on my 406 and they also having a work place for paint jobs at navala near open university. Heard they are the best for Peugeot repairs but donno about the paint work. Need to check about them. Thanks for the info dude.

in my experience, I never tried these places and the quote for a full paint job may be in excess of 100k. However you can get an above average job done for almost half the price you gonna pay up for their brand name. Also do some searching on the forum and you'll get to know some average garages yet they've done good jobs. Also for color matching part, matching the color only with the original color code is not enough, they should smart enough to match with the faded color on the body.

Guys need help on paint.

I have couple of minor spots in my bumpers front and rear about 1 - 3 square inches where paint is scratched. Also about 2cm line in a door which cann't be removed from a cut / polish thing.

One guy said entire bumper / and door needs to be painted to match the colour. I felt he was trying to take me a ride. Cos if we gonna match the colour then entire car should be painted.

So is it possible for me to get this 3 spots painted without much hassle at a reasonable price. What are the recommended places specially in Kandy area.

I hope technology is developed enough to match the original silver colour and it must be couple of hours job nothing major.

Please advise

Noramally in reputed places charge 8000 Rs per unit(i.e. One door or one bumper is taken as one unit)

SENOK do very good painting works at armour street.

Mettalic paint can't be touched up you have to do the entire unit.

heyy ppl i wanted know whether there are some home visit painters cuz garage is so suck they always delay the work hoping to see some help from u all thanks in advance

other thing i need to do a cut and polish for my car if u all are know any person ( painter) pls pm his num to me thanks :):)

Noramally in reputed places charge 8000 Rs per unit(i.e. One door or one bumper is taken as one unit)

SENOK do very good painting works at armour street.

Mettalic paint can't be touched up you have to do the entire unit.

heard they're quite ok - no first hand experience though..

OT, Fuzzo, is that M.G's mud caked car on display in their store window?! looks proper though :)

My 406 had some scratches on the doors and boot. I tried a paint on two of the doors with a painter using a hand spray. But it clearly showed the difference between new paint and the original even though the color match was perfect. May be the cut was not done properly.

there after i didnt look at the other dents and scratches coz didnt wanna ruin the original paint by doing any cheap paint jobs. But last week i knocked the left front door on a gate and now its in realy in need of a good paint job. But what am not sure is whether it will need to get painted the whole body to erase the dents and scratches or only doing the patches using the original color will be enough. But the place i knocked will need to get pulled. And the next problem is getting matched the maroon color am having.

not too happy with them

most of the well known places are over prices - painting as a whole is dodgy exercise - there really aren't that many places that one can recommend straight off and guarantee a consistent and proper finish at a bearable cost :(

not too happy with them

most of the well known places are over prices - painting as a whole is dodgy exercise - there really aren't that many places that one can recommend straight off and guarantee a consistent and proper finish at a bearable cost :(

I got a my car's boot & spoiler painted from Sudath http://sudathauto.com/main.html about 4 months ago and am quite happy with the job they did.