• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honest Mechanic

warpseed

Hi guys

Can anyone help me out ?

I have aJ44 4dr5 Mitsubishi jeep on which I want the column shifter moved to the floor. It keeps on knocking on my knee going into second.

I think I have met and sadly used many so called mechanics before for other work to my cost.

Can anyone point me to a honest guy who can not only talk the talk but also do it correctly ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Hi guys

Can anyone help me out ?

I have aJ44 4dr5 Mitsubishi jeep on which I want the column shifter moved to the floor. It keeps on knocking on my knee going into second.

I think I have met and sadly used many so called mechanics before for other work to my cost.

Can anyone point me to a honest guy who can not only talk the talk but also do it correctly ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

well, it's little tough to find a "honest mechanic" unless otherwise you have close wrapo with the bugger. Came across with this mechanic who know very well how to do stuff and so far honesty wasn't a prob. Sent contact details through a PM.

Man.................never met a honest mech... they all just take you for a ride...........

My sis gave her maruti to the agents coz the axel had broken and a petrol leak. They charged her Ra 16,000/=. At udawatta its abt 1200/= ......Very sad coz thats a lot of money

My sis gave her maruti to the agents coz the axel had broken and a petrol leak. They charged her Ra 16,000/=. At udawatta its abt 1200/= ......Very sad coz thats a lot of money

That doesn't sound right. Did you leave out a "0" on that second number?

Man.................never met a honest mech... they all just take you for a ride...........

that repair does not sound like a 1200 rupee repair at all!

Hai,,

Yes! I know it is very hard to find a honest mechanic, but i have finally got a guy. He works alone. You have a problem call him he will come to your house and attend. Or you might need to pick him up if he has to bring all his tools. Lives opposite corn fa bakers at hill street. Dehiwela. Very good mechanic & electrician. The best part is that he is very honest & that is why I like him & believe me he knows his job. Will not bullshit you. work with him once & you will love him. He is Udeni call him on 0724407986

Firaz

That doesn't sound right. Did you leave out a "0" on that second number?

Ya man. ma friend told me a maruti axel just costs Rupees One thousand two hundred at Udawatta motors man. Ma sis just told me the car still smells of petrol and now the oil is leaking, they messd the car up. I didnt leave the '0' out man.... Sad situation coz i's just not fair.

Thanks Firaz i need some work to be done on ma legacy also

well, it's little tough to find a "honest mechanic" unless otherwise you have close wrapo with the bugger. Came across with this mechanic who know very well how to do stuff and so far honesty wasn't a prob. Sent contact details through a PM.

thank you harshansenadhir and firaz for your input. I will make use of this info in the future. Appreciate everyone's prompt replies.

A big thank you !

Any more advice on improvements and upkeep of the old workhorse J44 wold be welcome.

May the force be with you.

Warpspeed

• 2 months later...

Well very difficult to find one,

the only one I know so far is out of Colombo, Off Nittambuwa.

Ex Unit** Mo***s for a long time, then he had his share in the Middle East and now runs a very busy work shop at his house.

have seen him doing mods on Jeeps too, if you are still looking let us know.

Edited by Tikiri

• 1 month later...

Thanks Sanjiv and Tikiri.

Please give contact numbers of mechanic and place of business when you reply, if you can.

I thank you all for your help if you did. I will check these guys out by dropping in at the workplace and see if I can get a feel for what they can do/say they can do.