• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gauge Cluster Light

shanX

Guys, just recently I replaced gauge cluster bulbs with LEDs. Now a light is always on, but I have no idea what it is :D

23062009732.jpg

^^ Is it the Heater? Defroster? This guy told me it is a Cat check light lol :rolleyes:

Guys, just recently I replaced gauge cluster bulbs with LEDs. Now a light is always on, but I have no idea what it is :D

23062009732.jpg

^^ Is it the Heater? Defroster? This guy told me it is a Cat check light lol :rolleyes:

beofre answer your quenstion, from where do you changed to LEDs and how much was it cost ?

Machan that could be exhaust temp warning.

your car Carb or EFI? Model?

If your cars is carb wrong mixture (lean) is possiblity.

Other possibilities are incorrect ignition timings.

Faulty lamda sensor .This activates Check Engine warning (if installed)

MINIACE

beofre answer your quenstion, from where do you changed to LEDs and how much was it cost ?

Changed by myself DIY, costed $12 and few days coz the fuel gauge messed up in the process, now everything looks perfect :)

Machan that could be exhaust temp warning.

your car Carb or EFI? Model?

If your cars is carb wrong mixture (lean) is possiblity.

Other possibilities are incorrect ignition timings.

Faulty lamda sensor .This activates Check Engine warning (if installed)

MINIACE

Well, exhaust temp warning means? Temperature at the manifold?

EFI. But my cluster was replaced as I know, maybe this could be a cluster from a non-EFI. Yep CEL light is there, if O2 sensor or incorrect ignition timing would have been shown on the CEL right?

But ya as you're saying, maybe this light lights up for something else and my cluster shows something else. So could someone help me out by checking what's the icon shown on that specific spot (above RPM meter, to the left) on a 92-95 Civic EFI model?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/civic%2...76/IMG_0011.jpg

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/896...ering_wheel.jpg

But the same warning light is available on other EFI clusters also

Wiring for the EG cluster explained:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/inf...WiringChart.jpg

So yea it is the Catalyst temperature light maybe. But mine is running cat-less, straight pipe. So how could that light work? Is there a sensor for it somewhere? Confusing :confused:

Looks a lot like a catalytic converter overheat warning light.

If it's a legitimate cat overheat issue you may have an EFI problem upstream. Cats generally overheat if there is unburnt fuel that ignite inside the cat overheating it. Check your O2 sensor(s) and coolant temp sensor.

If you can get a hold of another gauge cluster you can easily identify if the problem is a bad electrical connection.

Pin B7 on the diagram.

Edited by Mani

Cant be sure that it could be a legitimate issue, coz like in the key "ON" position, the light shows up, even before starting the car. And the other matter is no catalytical converter, running a test pipe with straight-thru setup :D

And about the cluster, ya maybe this light could mean something else on the original cluster. Or maybe the Cat Temp Light was always on after de-catting and previous owner made sure bulb wasn't working, like it works only when positioned properly. It never turned up before I worked on the cluster. Don't have a friend with an EG, should look around a bit.

Could remove the bulb, rather than messing with the circuit ;)

Hi Bro

your problem seems to be that when the previous owner removed the cat and isntalled the straight pipe, he did not have anywhere to fit the sensor and disconnected it. (lambda) cos the original cat has a slot for this. thereafter, he would have removed the bulb cos it was continuosly lighting up. jack up the car and see whether the connector or wiring for the sensor close to the cat is still visible.if so, that is the problem.

Hi Bro

your problem seems to be that when the previous owner removed the cat and isntalled the straight pipe, he did not have anywhere to fit the sensor and disconnected it. (lambda) cos the original cat has a slot for this. thereafter, he would have removed the bulb cos it was continuosly lighting up. jack up the car and see whether the connector or wiring for the sensor close to the cat is still visible.if so, that is the problem.

Yep, gonna have a look around the exhaust. If not lucky with that, am just gonna make sure the light is removed or covered <_<

Thx for the input guys :)

• 1 month later...
hi guys

My instrument panel is kinda faded and would like to clean it up and if possible brighten it with an LED backlight, any idea where at least the cleaning could be done? and also fixing the lights as well.

Thanks

www.autoled.info

hi guys

My instrument panel is kinda faded and would like to clean it up and if possible brighten it with an LED backlight, any idea where at least the cleaning could be done? and also fixing the lights as well.

Thanks

cleaning, maybe you could use a galss cleaner inside the cluster housing? You have to remove the cluster housing. Anyway this sort of stuff, you can do-it-yourself if you refer to a forum specific to your car model ;)