• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

300sl In Sri Lanka?

hello there!! i just want to know are there any 300SL Gulwings in Sri Lanka.. I remember seeing a Dulux calender as a kid.. which featured some classic Mercs.. an one which i think was a 300SL.. but it was about 10 years ago so i'm not sure.. probably mite have been a 230SL Pagoda... anyways just to be clear are there any 300SL's in Sri Lanka??

If there is one in SL i'm not surprised..!

According to a guy who knows his Mercs, there HAS been one here sometime back. The Dulux Calendar car was probably a 190SL though.

I heard this tale sometime ago too... version i heard said that the car was taken abroad, if i remember right the taken abroad story was mentioned in the motor mag ages ago as well.

I heard this tale sometime ago too... version i heard said that the car was taken abroad, if i remember right the taken abroad story was mentioned in the motor mag ages ago as well.

Aha. I heard it very recently. Considering some of the cars that have set tread on our shoes in the past, its quite believable.

Few months back I was looking into the same thing, and sources from D*mo and M-B owner's club said there is no record of a 300SL ever being here :(

Well that's odd. I got the info that there has been one from a very active member in the MB Club. Strange. Not sure what is true. ...... but I really would not be surprised if there was one.

Well that's odd. I got the info that there has been one from a very active member in the MB Club. Strange. Not sure what is true. ...... but I really would not be surprised if there was one.

i've just heard the legend of the mysterious 300sl from one of our mutual friends...WOW!...makes you think what other hidden gems that might be hidden away here. :o