• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Hid Kits

Danasa

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pair of 4500K Narva from M@t@cade... 1500 LKR for both... very happy with the change....

only thing you might need to get used to is that during twilight time you will not see the beam like in normal yellow bulbs :)

Couple of days back spoke to D*MO people about to get pair of osram cool blue H3 bulbs. It was 700/= Didn't had a time to visit them and get that fix yet. :)

Got a pair of 4500K Narva from M@t@cade... 1500 LKR for both... very happy with the change....

only thing you might need to get used to is that during twilight time you will not see the beam like in normal yellow bulbs :)

what is the model mchn http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/performance-globes

Can u post some images with lights On

It corresponds to the temperature. K = Kelvin

Hope the below chart gives you an idea of the various color temperatures. 55/60w is the Wattage of the bulb, both high and low beam.

Thankz for the info! So the brightest light with the longest beam should be around 4500k right?

I got a CR42 with serious lighting issues! it's one of those blue coated bulbs from darly rd costing Rs.800 a pair and are total s**t! you just cant drive at night. especially in places where there is no street lighting. I'm a little skeptical about going for the xenon systems out there coz I dont wanna spend Rs 13000+ for a system with a 1 year warranty and watch it burn out in a year and a half!! What could any of you guys recommend?

I checked D*M* today and they are out of stock. BTW, they only get down OSRAM Original line and Cool Blue, which I dont think will be that powerful. I dont know. OSRAM seems to be having a bulb called NIGHT BREAKER. Take a look at this link. http://am_application.osram.info/publish/index_en.html . Promises 90% more light on the road! Thats more like it!!

I got a CR42 with serious lighting issues! it's one of those blue coated bulbs from darly rd costing Rs.800 a pair and are total s**t! you just cant drive at night.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

check this link, it's got very useful tips for you to improve auto lighting.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

check this link, it's got very useful tips for you to improve auto lighting.

Thanks dude. Was very informative. According to the site, most major manufacturers have similar performance. Good to hear. Must go hunting for good lamps tomorrow!!

BTW, anyone used OSRAM Night Breaker? Is it available in the market here? Coz D*M* doesnt have it!

Thanks dude. Was very informative. According to the site, most major manufacturers have similar performance. Good to hear. Must go hunting for good lamps tomorrow!!

BTW, anyone used OSRAM Night Breaker? Is it available in the market here? Coz D*M* doesnt have it!

Mchn DIMOs outta stock Most of the time.I will also be going out searching for a good pair of lights 2morro :)

Im thinking of buying a Narva Pair

Mchn DIMOs outta stock Most of the time.I will also be going out searching for a good pair of lights 2morro :)

Im thinking of buying a Narva Pair

Never heard of Narva before so I think I'll just stick to looking for Osram or Philips or Tungsten or any of those known brands tomorrow. Keep us updated on your findings and I'll keep you updated on mine! :-) Coming to think of it, I'll most probably have to go on Sunday coz I'm working tomorrow and after 5, everyones gonna be closed! :-S

Apparently I've used Narva before coz had a single bulb in my tool/spares shelf at home. I checked out D*MO duplication rd today. Had OSRAM clear bulbs. each about 750 (bad memory. 700 something anyway). I checked out R*MAL too. Had Narva clear bulbs. each 450. I thought I'll try out the NARVA bulbs for now and we'll see how things go.

Anything with the blue lens kinda pisses me off now! ;-)

Apparently I've used Narva before coz had a single bulb in my tool/spares shelf at home. I checked out D*MO duplication rd today. Had OSRAM clear bulbs. each about 750 (bad memory. 700 something anyway). I checked out R*MAL too. Had Narva clear bulbs. each 450. I thought I'll try out the NARVA bulbs for now and we'll see how things go.

Anything with the blue lens kinda pisses me off now! ;-)

theres NARVA blue ones for 1500 rupees at Motorcade.But they are 100/110w. So will have to Upgrade the Holders to ceremic Holders first.Im still having a doubt whether they will damage the reflectors

theres NARVA blue ones for 1500 rupees at Motorcade.But they are 100/110w. So will have to Upgrade the Holders to ceremic Holders first.Im still having a doubt whether they will damage the reflectors

one of my friends AE110s plastic reflectors got discolored using high wattage bulbs (100/110W).. so be advised!

Im still having a doubt whether they will damage the reflectors

It depends on the car mate. I've been using Narva for 5 years now with the stock holder. But recently I upgraded the holders and added a relay to each bulb. It makes it more brighter than before.

Guys..When i call D#MO on OSRAM cool blue bulbs, those were out of stock too. But the girl who answered the phone put me to there sales dept. & one guy spoke to me introducing him as a Marketing executive (Sampath - 0773070385) and promised me to get pair of H3 bulbs for 700/= from there agent. He asked me to come to there head office but was unable to see him yet. So speak to him and see if you're hunting for OSRAMs.

ah ryt but mchn Its not worth taking the risk neda

If your worried about the front plastic cover getting heated, you can judge by the distance between th bulb and the cover. As for the reflector, I believe these are designed to withstand the heat emitted by Halogen lamps.

If your worried about the front plastic cover getting heated, you can judge by the distance between th bulb and the cover. As for the reflector, I believe these are designed to withstand the heat emitted by Halogen lamps.

ahh ryt.if I upgrade ill keep ull updated.Anywa EF2 has two seperate lights for head/dim.

one of my friends AE110s plastic reflectors got discolored using high wattage bulbs (100/110W).. so be advised!

i've been using the same on my ae100 for over 2 years now without any issues to date :)

Mchn DIMOs outta stock Most of the time.

True dat.i was also waiting more than a month til their stock arrive.after calling them few times got fedup.

Never heard of Narva before so I think I'll just stick to looking for Osram or Philips or Tungsten or any of those known brands tomorrow. Keep us updated on your findings and I'll keep you updated on mine! :-) Coming to think of it, I'll most probably have to go on Sunday coz I'm working tomorrow and after 5, everyones gonna be closed! :-S

if u looking for H4 bulbs i saw set of philips at a store near wattala.its complete set with two headbulbs & parking bulbs.i think its worth.if you are going that way just check it out.

Edited by 2F2F

True dat.i was also waiting more than a month til their stock arrive.after calling them few times got fedup.

if u looking for H4 bulbs i saw set of philips at a store near wattala.its complete set with two headbulbs & parking bulbs.i think its worth.if you are going that way just check it out.

Already bought NARVA clear bulbs from R*MAL. 450/= each. Seems ok but not the real brightness I expected. Travel outstation often so I' should notice the difference where there is no street illumination. They didnt have philips there. What is this Wattala place called machan? Visited D*MO Duplication road too. The skinny girl with the bright lip gloss said they had only the clear OSRAMS for 750 odd each and that they wouldnt really give extra brightness.. took her word for it!

Already bought NARVA clear bulbs from R*MAL. 450/= each. Seems ok but not the real brightness I expected. Travel outstation often so I' should notice the difference where there is no street illumination. They didnt have philips there. What is this Wattala place called machan? Visited D*MO Duplication road too. The skinny girl with the bright lip gloss said they had only the clear OSRAMS for 750 odd each and that they wouldnt really give extra brightness.. took her word for it!

dnt keep hopes on D*MO for osrams! I bought the last 2 pairs of osram cool blue h4 and that was in end november 2009 at duplication road <actually there were 3 bulbs and i bought 2 of them>, its being almost 3 months and they havnt got down those! They produce the yellowish light mixed with white and CERTAINLY BETTER THAN THOSE BLUE COATED BULBS!

Try Osram Silverstars.Hoping to fix Narva 5000k Bulbs this week.

Try Osram Silverstars.Hoping to fix Narva 5000k Bulbs this week.

Try to stick to 55/60W original bulbs and ensure proper voltage (12 ~ 13.2 V) at the bulbs will sort most of light related issues. Don't ever ever go for blue coated bulbs as it drops all colors of the spectrum except blue color, which explains poor lighting in long distance travelling.

Also clean the reflectors and inside of the glass/lense cover which will improve the power of the light beam drastically. As the website I reffered suggested try out additional wiring/relays to avoid lengthy wiring from switches and increase voltage as wires build up resistance when aging. I did this for almost all vehicles except the 406 which I will do shortly and obtained better or rather excellent results without going for higher watt bulbs or expensive niche brands.

With the lancer did a small modification in addition to two relays for high and low beams positioned close to head lamps with extra thick wiring, that is to operate both the fillaments for high beam which impressed my mechanic and he ended up asking me to do the same for his car (just to illustrate the improvement of lighting :rolleyes: ) After about almost one year since the conversion nothing went wrong and still i'm using the same bulbs. If possible do this conversion as you can control whether low beam also should lit up with high beam (only additional toggle switch requierd). Planning to do this soon on lancer as 406 anyway operates all 4 beams with high on.

Harshan,

You do these modification to the lighting system or you have a guy who does this? Im interested in trying this out. About how much does this conversion cost mate?

simply followed what is being told in the website reference I gave. All you need is an extra Fuse holder and Fuse, thick wires of required length, two relays and some connectors. But as of recently there's an aftermaket ready made relay kit at most of spare part shops priced at 1600/- to 2500/- depend on the quality. But the wires I used are more thicker and shorter than the wires I found in these aftermarket kits. Will try to explain with pictures when I'm doing it for 406, check this thread in the future.