• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Pulling To The Left – Any Reasons Why ???

mazdaspeed

Question

Hi Guys,

Got a problem with my ride it,s been there for some time but starting to irritate me :angry: Hope some one can shed some light an give me a solution PLEASE :)

Basically she ( Mazda323) Pulls to the left in a great way - I;ve sone the alignment , balancing and all the Jazz - I put a new set of Roadstone and after 10,000km the left tyre has it,s "Kammbi " popping out towards the edge of the tyre else the thread is excellent Right side tyre is fine.

Was thinking of replacing the Y type joint - swing arm - would that help fix the issue ? Any one else had the same issue ?

Would really appreciate some advise - planning to take her to the garage on Tue.

Edited by mazdaspeed

14 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Got a problem with my ride it,s been there for some time but starting to irritate me :angry: Hope some one can shed some light an give me a solution PLEASE :)

Basically she ( Mazda323) Pulls to the left in a great way - I;ve sone the alignment , balancing and all the Jazz - I put a new set of Roadstone and after 10,000km the left tyre has it,s "Kammbi " popping out towards the edge of the tyre else the thread is excellent Right side tyre is fine.

Was thinking of replacing the Y type joint - swing arm - would that help fix the issue ? Any one else had the same issue ?

Would really appreciate some advise - planning to take her to the garage on Tue.

hmmm interesting, it could be from your steering system too machan, and although your wheel alignment and all is good, maybe the kingpin angle is messed up..Even CV joints might be an issue.. does it happen when you accelerate? or brake? or just normal driving at all times?

whoever who did your alignment took a shortcut and didn't do it right. Your camber is probably off; they probably only set your toe in/out. This could mean ball joints or bushings.

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

check your ball joints and tie rod and tie rod ends....if your car wobbles in moderate speed its def ball joints

Noticed something similar on my car, steering shudders and car sort of like wobbles, does that mean balll joints are worn out and have to be replaced? Is there a way to check there condition?

i had a prob in ma subaru n it wz pullin 2 d left wen i accellarate..

prob wuz a worn rack end. replaced it n ddid d alignment. now its fine!

I had same issue with Toyota. After changing Tyres it was sorted. Have you changed only left side? if you are changing both sides should change.

Chami, Its maybe the Kingpin Angle is messed up. Sometimes this will work (Adjust the power steering rack. Don’t replace the part. :))

But better to check Ball Joints and tie rod/ends. Go to Maz*a Motors in Pepiliyana Junk. He will sort it out :) I think you have already know the place.

Edited by Prami

Thanks all for the feedback – sorry was not able to give an update sooner

I took her to the garage (Yes Prami that’s the place :D ) and he’s baffled just as I am. He too has checked the camber, caster wheel alignment and balancing all seems to be fine.

I generally take her for alignment to Car care – Col 6. and they have been very good so far.

Shall check on the tie roads / and other stuff you guys have put down – It was also suggested that the coil spring on the right side could be a culprit - ????

Will keep u guys posted – first have to buy a set of new tires :( the last one had just done 10K and the middle was worn out on the right side – the left was in excellent condition :angry:

Once again thanks a lot guys :alc: will update on the progress

Edited by mazdaspeed

check your ball joints and tie rod and tie rod ends....if your car wobbles in moderate speed its def ball joints but swerving to a side might be a symptom as well

mmm no wobble - just pulls to the left once I let go of the wheel - quite sharply

Hi Guys,

i had d same prob in my car. prob was a worn rack end. den from last month my jeep wuz pulling to the left side constantly.. it wz there for a long time. thot it wz d ball joint n alignment. didnt hav time to check. den did d alignment and changed the idler arm. den the pulling reduced. idler arm wz worn n d alignment wz out. but since the prob wz still there the fela who did d alignment said to swap both front tyres left and right with the rim. did it! guess wat? now it started pulling to the right!! said dat the alloy wheel is dent sumwhere or must b out of place.. try dis method n c.. may b dis mite b d culprit in urs as well!!