• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Leak-vios

vitz

Question

Guys,

from couple of days I felt a slight fuel smell from my vios, didnt pay much attention to that. But, yesterday it was quit strong. After opening the bonet, i found a quite significant dripping of petrol at the link between the hose from the engine and the metal tube comming from the tank. Guys, i dont know the technical term for this link (its just a clip, we can take apart the two tubes by pressing two side ends of the clip)

Anyhow, i was able to get rid of the significant leak after pushing the rubber tubing bit forward. But, still i am getting some petrol around this link, especially after a drive. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the clip that joins those tubing together.

your advices are highly appreciated

2 answers to this question

Leaking fuel is not at all normal in any car!

One possibility is that the clip has lost its tension and keeps coming loose. You can replace it with a similar one or gofor one thats tightened with the screw. The latter tend to be safer but fixing it isnt as easy as the other one. But its not like you remove it all the time. So it should be a proper fix.

another possibility is that the rubber itself getting toasted with time... In which case you might want to replace the hose...

Leaking fuel is not at all normal in any car!

One possibility is that the clip has lost its tension and keeps coming loose. You can replace it with a similar one or gofor one thats tightened with the screw. The latter tend to be safer but fixing it isnt as easy as the other one. But its not like you remove it all the time. So it should be a proper fix.

another possibility is that the rubber itself getting toasted with time... In which case you might want to replace the hose...

Thanks Dilesh,

I figured out the problem. The guy who serviced my car has wrongly fixed the protective cover of this connector which stops the movements of the connector aginst engine vibration. So, after proper placement of this cover, the problem solved.

regards