• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags Saturday Night!

dragster

if i (meaning normal average joe) in a highly modified 700BHP R34 GTR, beat Micheal Shumarker (dam i need to learnt to spell that) who hapens to be driving a stock toyota colorra, with nothing more than a 2 car-length lead, does that make ME the winner? or the driver who was merely few feet behnid a car 5 or 6 times as powerful as his? what hapened to the good old HUMAN factor? and SKILL?

so you cant exactly choose a winner...its not black or white.. it is one big patch of gray... so unless both driver's are dirving vehicles that are very similar in performance, you cant call one a winenr and the other a looser..

Great point Dilesh. I agree with you. Human factor and skill are certianly part of the equation, but then so is funding/ hardware you drive like Mariner points out. And yes its so hard to call a win. There's always that grey area you talk about. For come to think of it there's nothing wrong with someone with lots of money/funding wanting to have the best technology he can afford, available to him is there? As long as he is not breaking any rules or is within the boundries of the event/ drag he's in; why penalize the poor bugger or hold it against him? Take for instance what's being discussed on a different thread. Isn't that similar? Or on a much larger scale would it be right to set a budget for F1 teams beacause the smaller teams can't even hope to raise the kind of money behemoths like Ferrari or Williams fling around? Will that help the sport / competition?

And isn't it awesome when there is potential for some under-dog team to come up and kick some well-known-well financed butt? (eg. 1996 Cricket World Cup- different sport but EXACTLY what I mean!)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point Dilesh. I agree with you. Human factor and skill are certianly part of the equation, but then so is funding/ hardware you drive like Mariner points out. And yes its so hard to call a win. There's always that grey area you talk about. For come to think of it there's nothing wrong with someone with lots of money/funding wanting to have the best technology he can afford, available to him is there? As long as he is not breaking any rules or is within the boundries of the event/ drag he's in; why penalize the poor bugger or hold it against him? Take for instance what's being discussed on a different thread. Isn't that similar? Or on a much larger scale would it be right to set a budget for F1 teams beacause the smaller teams can't even hope to raise the kind of money behemoths like Ferrari or Williams fling around? Will that help the sport / competition?

And isn't it awesome when there is potential for some under-dog team to come up and kick some well-known-well financed butt? (eg. 1996 Cricket World Cup- different sport but EXACTLY what I mean!)

Gihan,Dilesh,Mariner and Tuk-Tuk,

So guys how do you all apply what you guys mentioned above to the drag between Quick Silver and Vshiznet. Is it fair for one to run on NOS ? Doesnt that give an unfair advantage? If one with NOS wins (as in most cases ) does it really prove that the Drviver is better skilled or the car is more powerful.

Im just willing to know what your thoughts are as we all know Quicksilver and Vshiznet had challenged each other ;):blink:

BTW everybody is welcome to comment......... :P

Gihan,Dilesh,Mariner and Tuk-Tuk,

So guys how do you all apply what you guys mentioned above to the drag between Quick Silver and Vshiznet. Is it fair for one to run on NOS ? Doesnt that give an unfair advantage? If one with NOS wins (as in most cases ) does it really prove that the Drviver is better skilled or the car is more powerful.

Im just willing to know what your thoughts are as we all know Quicksilver and Vshiznet had challenged each other ;):blink:

BTW everybody is welcome to comment......... :P

Good point Milinda, I see what you're getting at. However to answer you simply: Its not my call.

If Quicksilver and Vshiznet are dragging, its their run then isn't it? They decide the terms, and whats fair.

Their cars, their run. I am but a spectator.

And if they do drag; like you, I'll be interested to see what happens :blink:

Is it fair for one to run on NOS ? Doesnt that give an unfair advantage? If one with NOS wins (as in most cases ) does it really prove that the Drviver is better skilled or the car is more powerful.

Milinda I think your question answers itself :P But as tuktuk says, if both racers agree to the challenge, then what can we say right? Its just ugly when any sport becomes too personal. And yea I'll be interested to see the result as well. Good luck to them both.

yea well both knw one's edge over the other so like the rest said if they'r game its cool...as long as they dnt take the piss out of each other after the race sayin 'U LOST' n 'U WERE RUNNING ON NOS'...politics is the biggest problem at drags

exactly machan....

but who's the winner? the driver with the faster car? or the talented driver?

i'm sure there are lots of guys who drag who are talented indeed but but financially held back...

jsut like there are guys with amazingly fast cars, but not exactly a whole lot fo talent...

very rarely do both of these factors are present...

so like i just said.. the mission dollar question... "who's the winner? the driver with the faster car? or the talented driver?"

:P

Dilesh you hit the Nail. very true. driver with the faster car.

Ok chang so I guess u were mislead and it all ended up in a misunderstanding and an unwanted debate...no issues man. I didnt say u called me a liar, I said u made me look like one. Watever mods u run this saturday is ur decision not ours, respect for accepting last weeks loss though. My car is running da same setup, ofcourse we figured that you'll use NOS this saturday, or da carina will end up losing again rite, thats why I insisted on running da cars on monday itself, incase u had a doubt abt who won....fair enough I guess??

Just for the record....no way a Carina GT is goin to take me down WITHOUT NOS:))

Any suggestions if we will be able to run on saturday cos of the races and all??? how abt a weekday?

wishing a speedy recovery to Big Bad.....Im out of here!

A lotta talent and "Guts" to handle a fast car in our pothole ridden roads!

Its not the potholes u've got to worry about. Its every tom,dick and harry that decides to mess with you when they see a fast car. Oh and dont forget the dog's and cow's crossing the road when they feel like it.

Its not the potholes u've got to worry about. Its every tom,dick and harry that decides to mess with you when they see a fast car. Oh and dont forget the dog's and cow's crossing the road when they feel like it.

Have u noticed if u drive a modified car, meaning even if its jus got a beat exhaust, almost vry young (under 40) lol, un tries to race u?!! Its bothersome, and when after a while they eventually beat u, cos u slowed to let the fag's go, they grin as if saying, "ah i f**king beat u!!" ... :D

Have u noticed if u drive a modified car, meaning even if its jus got a beat exhaust, almost vry young (under 40) lol, un tries to race u?!! Its bothersome, and when after a while they eventually beat u, cos u slowed to let the fag's go, they grin as if saying, "ah i f**king beat u!!" ... :D

Trust me i know what u mean. Its fun at times but gets very annoying too.

But it's the people with the modified cars who usually have the last laugh I think :D I remember when a friend revved up when he was parallel with a modified Impreza at the red lights. The Impreza gave him a thumbs up and the proceeded to turn into another road at the green light :D So much for racing him... B)

But it's the people with the modified cars who usually have the last laugh I think :D I remember when a friend revved up when he was parallel with a modified Impreza at the red lights. The Impreza gave him a thumbs up and the proceeded to turn into another road at the green light :D So much for racing him... :D

Yep we have the last laugh anyway... cos we know that if we really want to , we can smoke their ass... but most of the time its not worth it... its more fun when u let them go..hehe makes em frustrated that u didnt respond to their challenge... make em feel undeserving and small that way...

Just for the record....no way a Carina GT is goin to take me down WITHOUT NOS:))

well I too disagree runing with NOS... quick silver keep up the good work... you got good spirit in you boy.. but if the other party decided's to run without NOS.. then respect to him too

yes... what is your car btw... you mentioend it was a convertible..

I miss my first eva convertible car...

An old Green Mini Moke..... aaaah!!! i'll post pics of it if i can find em, like 11 yrs ago! :D

I think we all pass the age of racing on streets. when we get our first car we basically try to show it goes really faster.

i remember one I raced a Jag S Type( When i was 22) ( Just as the car came ) in 1500cc Tritronic CK2A Lancer and i could keep up with him as there was so much traffic, then a bit of straight came and he reved up. he was quick, but i didnt have the brains at the time to realise his brakes were better than mine.

Ah. he braked and my poor japanese brakes could not handle the speed of my car. I had to cut across to avoid a accident.

I remember once my Elder bro's freind saying Oh give few years time, you will drive carefully.

Now i understand what he said. We all pass these stage of Fast Driving, If you see a scum bag trying to drag you on busy street now i give him ample space to over take me, so that he does not damage my car.

please pardon us if we drove like scumbags on the rex meet day. :D

I think we all pass the age of racing on streets. when we get our first car we basically try to show it goes really faster.

i remember one I raced a Jag S Type( When i was 22) ( Just as the car came ) in 1500cc Tritronic CK2A Lancer and i could keep up with him as there was so much traffic, then a bit of straight came and he reved up. he was quick, but i didnt have the brains at the time to realise his brakes were better than mine.

Ah. he braked and my poor japanese brakes could not handle the speed of my car. I had to cut across to avoid a accident.

I remember once my Elder bro's freind saying Oh give few years time, you will drive carefully.

Now i understand what he says. We all pass these stage of Fast Driving,

Doubt, all of em passes it.. lol, no offence

Now i understand what he said. We all pass these stage of Fast Driving, If you see a scum bag trying to drag you on busy street now i give him ample space to over take me, so that he does not damage my car.

please pardon us if we drove like scumbags on the rex meet day. :D

is drving to galle an exception ? he he... yeah yeah I know what you mena man.. I guess I've grown up from that too... plus I dont approve of racing the busy roads anyways....

but drags are a different story......... :D