• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags Saturday Night!

dragster

they didn't ask anyone to stop, normally when police comes we go thats the thing, in the past always Army petrol this area and this is not a hidden spot, police always go here and they but we Drag, and they dont take these things seriously

But that day maybe they received a higher order from someone or new oic came to the police

Respect Army,Navy,Air force

Fu** police

Gihan what are the 5 world championships that Mitsu has won?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KLM asked this before, and i think Mitsubishi won some championship ( Tommi makinen ) but i don't have any idea, anyway EVO 3 didn't won any, but i got that from world no one Evolution form

come on mate...dont be ridiculous... we can play around with our cars because these guys have sacrifised their lives to protect our country. they are doing their job. we have to accept that and allow them to do their job. give some respect man.....

i know there are culprit cops. but dont put everyone on the same scale. i perasonally love drags...but still i think its a risky game in terms of public securty.

agreed! for god's sake, there was a damn bomb in ratmalana a week ago! the army and the cops and also the public in that area are pretty pissed off, and when a bunch of dudes go there and 'drag' with their loud cars, dont expect em to not take any action! mind u, the army does have the right to shoot at a car thats 'running away'. these are all ridiculous risks that u boys take at a very bad time in this country. the prob with these 'drag ppl' is that once they hit it off in one location, they repeat it over and over again, same time, same location which is really stupid. they watched u 1st week, 2nd week, 3rd week?? and then bust!

it can be fun, it can be 'cool', but think before u drag!

hehe

Cheers!

Ok guys

After gathering at some other place we went to our Drag Location, then after 5 minutes police jeep came and i saw one cop is chatting with a guy show came to Drags, then we thought something goin to happend and we went to our cars, and then after another 5 minutes, Police Accent came with Siren and Light and blocked the Road, but the people who know that area and live in that area used a shortcut to get away, and i saw many new guys following them, and we escaped and when to another location

But then i got a call from my friend and he told me they are inside a factory, ( own by a famous Racer ) and cops came inside that factory and asked for their Id's and license, then cops ask them are u working here and they said yes, but even before we came to the drag spot one cop has there and he explained to a office the entire scene and how we came etc, so the police knew my friend and others don't wok there

But some guys try to use the main road to get way, and my friend told me he saw one cop aim his gun to a escaping car but he dint shoot, after that another guy tried to do the same and then cops shot that vehicle but he didn't stopped and went and then the army is also started shooting at that vehicle but any of us don't know what happed to that vehicle or we even don't know the bullets hit the vehicle or not

And then my friend told me because cops blocked the road, buses and some vehicles couldn't move and even cops stopped some other vehicles and questioned them, Anyway after that they took some guys license and little wile they went, still 3 cops are guarded that factory gate because cops knew guys who went inside that building cant get out, anyhow they manages to escape.

Only few people saw this Anyway this is Sad Situation, Cops cat Catch terrorists, they cant find bombs, they cant shoot at places, now they trying to kill innocent people :(

this is very serious..... you guys should be very careful . these days the cops and army are not accountable and could get of injurying or even killing innocent people,

PLEASE be careful

this is very serious..... you guys should be very careful . these days the cops and army are not accountable and could get of injurying or even killing innocent people,

PLEASE be careful

yes your Right, maybe not Dragin for few weeks or months,

Anyway have to say one thing, This Governments Sucks :angry:

Sucks Big time!!

The Police Sucks Even Bigger!!!

heavily taxed cars, high oil prices, no safety

Its the most ridiculous country to me....

loved the past ,hate the present....the future?

shame about the present government!!

Man it seems to be all have the same pain and feeling, just saw Us$ is 110.20 how ca we import stuff for ours cars, computers, etc :angry:

PLEASE be careful

Hi all,

I'm not in SL but I'm a Sri Lankan. The Drags is a gathering of friends, So the Cops basically can't come and just start shooting. I guess you guys have accees to media persons (personally) So you can inform the media regarding these kind of shootings. And inform the public regarding the risk of having a SPORTS car. But if you guys just keep your mouth shut without saying anything this will happen in the future.

And I don't know whether you guys know this, Cops cant take your driving licenses if you do any traffic violation they can simply give you a ticket.

And I guess if you guys get together and stay together even if the cops come then they cant do much stuff, but if you guys starts to leave in a panic then they can turn it in to thier side and say that some terrorist act or something. This is only my view. Otherwise only one or two guys gets all the blame and the injury. (like the cars got shot at this day)

Don't let go things very easily. You have keep up your spirit when you go against the Police brutality. Don't be afraid to talk back. (I have many experiences like this, from those what I have learnt is, when you keep your mouth shut, everyone in the otherside starts to A** F**k you.).

BR,

Bugbase

Nothing for them though,they keep going in expensive cars with huge motorcade....

while we are searching for past performance cars with a little budget ..

the Government just screwed the country!

if u just think a minute ,every thing in our country in two times expensive than that of 2005!!!

its a matter of time until someone out there starts racing again!!

They cant kill a culture,

and for me street racing + hip hop music is one of the biggest culture for life!!!!!

Hi all,

I'm not in SL but I'm a Sri Lankan. The Drags is a gathering of friends, So the Cops basically can't come and just start shooting. I guess you guys have accees to media persons (personally) So you can inform the media regarding these kind of shootings. And inform the public regarding the risk of having a SPORTS car. But if you guys just keep your mouth shut without saying anything this will happen in the future.

And I don't know whether you guys know this, Cops cant take your driving licenses if you do any traffic violation they can simply give you a ticket.

And I guess if you guys get together and stay together even if the cops come then they cant do much stuff, but if you guys starts to leave in a panic then they can turn it in to thier side and say that some terrorist act or something. This is only my view. Otherwise only one or two guys gets all the blame and the injury. (like the cars got shot at this day)

Don't let go things very easily. You have keep up your spirit when you go against the Police brutality. Don't be afraid to talk back. (I have many experiences like this, from those what I have learnt is, when you keep your mouth shut, everyone in the otherside starts to A** F**k you.).

BR,

Bugbase

Dude language pls.

I don't know about the ticketing system where u live, but here, they take ur license and issue a temp. Also about getting together and staying, loitering on public roads is kinda not allowed either, neither is disturbing the peace, so the cops can do plenty of stuff. I do agree the cops just can't come and start shooting, but laws differ from place to place. Also agree about the media in this case. Unwarrented use of deadly force in this case.

Someone wants to write a nice article, I'm sure Madz would consider putting it up on the main site. We can start with this media organisation :D

Dude language pls.

I don't know about the ticketing system where u live, but here, they take ur license and issue a temp. Also about getting together and staying, loitering on public roads is kinda not allowed either, neither is disturbing the peace, so the cops can do plenty of stuff. I do agree the cops just can't come and start shooting, but laws differ from place to place. Also agree about the media in this case. Unwarrented use of deadly force in this case.

Someone wants to write a nice article, I'm sure Madz would consider putting it up on the main site. We can start with this media organisation :D

Hi Man,

Sorry for the language in the previos reply. Anyways I'm not talking about the laws in the country I live. I'm talking about the Sri Lanka. Yes, Cops get your licenses, thats becuase they need a assuarence that you will pay the fine. But there is no law which allows Cops to get the Drivers license. (uless you do a major traffic violation) They take it because we simply doesnt say anything against it.

Yes Cops can do plenty of stuff as long as we kep the mouth shut and walk away.

And regarding the loitering in the public. This is not illegal unless you disturb the peace. But for that you cannot be shot at but simply taken to the police station and warned etc...

BR,

Bugbase

Hi All,

Our Sri Lankan Cops don't know anything about the law, they think after wearing their uniform they can do anything and they are living gods, and some people who saw the scene told me one cop hit a guy who tried to argue with him, and one guy lost his NIC so he gave his passport but the cop has thrown is away.

this is the situation in our country, all the ministers vehicles can go wrong side of the road and breaking color light but people who love modified car cant gather

From what i heard from one of our good dumb friends inside the 119!

said they chased a car but never caught it!!!

he he the bugger must have been playing most wanted alot!!!

Showed smoke to the police and went away!!

Hats off to him.

Dont You Agree!

Hats off to him.

Dont You Agree!

I Agree :lol:

Outrunning cops is so bloody cool but these days it's pretty dangerous... checkpoints all over the place and quite a high chance of getting shot multiple times with those ak's

I've out run cops twice in kandy road on bikes... pretty easy since those guys don't take the chances we take :)

good fun until you get caught i suppose :lol:

Hats off to him.

Dont You Agree!

I Agree

i don't think we can come up with a logical reason to justfy the sunday night drags. yes cops did use unnecesary force but in a way they had all the reasons in the world to do so.

but stopping people for using a loud exhasut, now that is something we can stand up against. why not form some sort of a club and get some press coverage. im not talking about posting a letter in the homepage of this website even thoug hthat is a start try to get it published in a newspaper.

there are lot of talented people in this comunity which has been proven by organizing couple of great events.

Nothing for them though,they keep going in expensive cars with huge motorcade....

while we are searching for past performance cars with a little budget ..

the Government just screwed the country!

if u just think a minute ,every thing in our country in two times expensive than that of 2005!!!

its a matter of time until someone out there starts racing again!!

They cant kill a culture,

and for me street racing + hip hop music is one of the biggest culture for life!!!!!

hip hop is not illegal....street racing is...... :(

wow this all crazy. Ive never been shot at and through all this what happend to our Drag brother that got shot at? Any News? I hope he is ok. Well from now on the only way you guys can drag is if you get private buses not 1/4 mile but from one bus stop to the next...lol.

This story reminds me a of a buddy of mine from Sri Lanka, who, in college, used to tell people in bar fights that 'if this was my country, people bust a cap in yo ass'. True story. Plus, he was called Dogg.

KLM asked this before, and i think Mitsubishi won some championship ( Tommi makinen ) but i don't have any idea, anyway EVO 3 didn't won any, but i got that from world no one Evolution form

Yes I checked up again as I thought I must have been on another planet for a while ;) !. Tommi won 4 drivers championships while driving an Evo but it was only one year 1988 that they won both. So actually it's one World Championship for Mitsubishi. In the other years it was Subaru 2 and Toyota 1. Typical of Jap company's to overstate everything though so I'm not very surprised B).

What they really should be talking about is the Paris-Dakar which they have dominated compared to any other manufacturer I would think!