• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags Saturday Night!

dragster

why the Honda is light weight? anyway a race is a race, can't take anything away from a winner...

maybe poer to weight ratio, wut ever happens can't take anything away from a winner... true machan bt everyone knows about shamils car, its fast, anyway we dont have any problem with him,

n we r doing an exi vtec convertion so afte we finish it we can decide whos car is fast, so till then lest stop this argument

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have any problem with anyone, bt if u ask everyone u get one answer ( panditaya ) thats why i said dont ask me cus i dont no why ppl call him panditaya, cus when he race with the carina gt everyone expected carina to win but shamil won cus his car is better

shamil got more hp than the carina gt otherwise how could he beat the carina, n i did not compare his car to chang's n others cars bt if any of those guys challange u, wut u gona do ?, Go HOME ? look can u remember the race between nirosh's sir n the evo 6 , n if u own the sir n guy challange u to race with his evo 6 wut u gona do ? bt nirosh accepted it n he won , drags r for fun not to gain reputation

So what are you saying? just because others say that he is a panditaya, you are going to jump in the same well ya. You know why they call him a panditaya, because he knows a lot and matter a fact all his car mod’s are done by him it self (ECU by zakie). So dude I think you should use you brains if future and be more educated on what ever you say in general.

About shamel having more bhp than the GT I can’t accept, because you will have to do some major mod’s to make a SOHC to gain so much which I know he has not yet. I think it was the driver, confidence and some thing not right with that GT or GT’s in general. Yes nirosh had taken down that evo, so does that mean nirosh’s car is putting out more bhp than the evo he he he.

Man if any of them do challenge shamel, then it’s up to him if he is going to run or not and I don’t think he will go home. Oh may be go home to do some thing to the car or get some thing to make it faster he he he. But I think he has more brains to even think of running those cars, may be some stock SIR or some thing.

maybe poer to weight ratio, wut ever happens can't take anything away from a winner... true machan bt everyone knows about shamils car, its fast, anyway we dont have any problem with him,

n we r doing an exi vtec convertion so afte we finish it we can decide whos car is fast, so till then lest stop this argument

Ha ha ha copying it seems! anyhow its ok dude you have all the rights too, but I will say one thing now, it will never ever be as fast as shamel’s or razali’s that’s a fact.

So bring it on……..

Best of luck with the conversion, hope da car moves:)))

Hey whatsup, u forgot to mention our mate Glenn's car, thats probably been the fastest SOHC Civic for a long time, dats da car that really showed us what da legendary D15B can do! and it will probably be da fastest again once its sorted, so stay tuned for more action at the drags, 3 fast SOHC Civic's at da start line!! any SOHC's wanna run???

Hey 'Whatsup' machang, hows it goin?:-))

Hey dude! i don’t think you know me. But if you do! things are going well my friend, get ready for the holidays and foxhill.

Oh by the way, congratulation on your fine victory!. But I actually hope that the GT does come back and show his colours as well. I know personally that car can do so.

Hey whatsup, u forgot to mention our mate Glenn's car, thats probably been the fastest SOHC Civic for a long time, dats da car that really showed us what da legendary D15B can do! and it will probably be da fastest again once its sorted, so stay tuned for more action at the drags, 3 fast SOHC Civic's at da start line!! any SOHC's wanna run???

Oh ya! I forgot about glen’s car. What’s up with him? not seen his car go for some time now. you are right man he has got one mien setup there and hope he makes a come back too, so then the other guys out there converting and all that shit will have their hands full.

why the Honda is light weight? anyway a race is a race, can't take anything away from a winner...

[despite da GT is not as modified as the SOHC]

yes shamel's honda (was)EXI is lighter than most of the other cars, but not sure how much lighter. Anyway a win is a win, as he said he won last time and was disputed which resulted in this weeks show down.

I have to correct you my friend on the statement that shamel’s car is more modified than the GT. As I know the GT is more modified, with pistons, port-polish and better valve springs and so on. On the other hand shamel’s car is not a factory fitted V-tec but yet to be having standard parts.

wut i said ppl saying he is a panditaya but i did not said he is a panditaya ,cus i never talked to him or didnt even know him, so still cant say wut kind of person he is

anyway we r not coping anyones project but we want to gain more power from exi engine, we chat with many ppl about this, so we have a good idea, n anyhow we r goin to convert it to a vtec, and test the car , after that we decide wut to do, n dinesh jayawardana told us if we modify the gearbox its more usefull,, n still thinking about the ecu ( aftermarked or chipped )

anyway we dont want to target any person, bt we want to do a good project like chang's one :P

GihanFX,

Do you know how much the full conversion cost? Also was this a standard non-turbo Subaru which went through the conversion

sorry machan i dont know how much it cost, but i let u know asap

Cant forget Nirudha's car, Gazali's and mine hopefully once it's sorted out.. :P:P:P

wut i said ppl saying he is a panditaya but i did not said he is a panditaya ,cus i never talked to him or didnt even know him, so still cant say wut kind of person he is

anyway we r not coping anyones project but we want to gain more power from exi engine, we chat with many ppl about this, so we have a good idea, n anyhow we r goin to convert it to a vtec, and test the car , after that we decide wut to do, n dinesh jayawardana told us if we modify the gearbox its more usefull,, n still thinking about the ecu ( aftermarked or chipped )

anyway we dont want to target any person, bt we want to do a good project like chang's one :P

Who are the people that are talking like that?

Ya ya right you say you are not targeting any one and all that shit now, but in your earlier post you clearly say that “n we r doing an exi vtec convertion so afte we finish it we can decide whos car is FAST” so all I say is stop the baba talk and bring it on my friend……

All the best on your project and hope to see you run it in a few weeks!

anyhow we r goin to convert it to a vtec, and test the car , after that we decide wut to do, n dinesh jayawardana told us if we modify the gearbox its more usefull,, n still thinking about the ecu ( aftermarked or chipped )

Good luck with your project!

Guys competition is always good, cos it will help you guys improve the cars...BUT keep it healthy,

and limit the warfare people. Friendly competition is the way to go! :P

Respect to Da Hulk for showing his true colours dat nite...he really does luv the steps of pila :P...oh n he's one hell of a party animal...watcha say boys? :P

rock on dude... that was really cool..... where the hell is Hulk by the way ? it was really entertaining to see him run across the road shouting I'm the Hulk... ha ha

yes shamel's honda (was)EXI is lighter than most of the other cars, but not sure how much lighter. Anyway a win is a win, as he said he won last time and was disputed which resulted in this weeks show down.

I have to correct you my friend on the statement that shamel’s car is more modified than the GT. As I know the GT is more modified, with pistons, port-polish and better valve springs and so on. On the other hand shamel’s car is not a factory fitted V-tec but yet to be having standard parts.

Amazing what tuning can do to a good engine!!! :grinning-smiley-003:

having said that, any idea what this exi can approximately be rated at in terms of bhp?

rock on dude... that was really cool..... where the hell is Hulk by the way ? it was really entertaining to see him run across the road shouting I'm the Hulk... ha ha

i owe u for dodgin vehicles while crossin d road to capture this machan..kudos

Who are the people that are talking like that?

Ya ya right you say you are not targeting any one and all that shit now, but in your earlier post you clearly say that “n we r doing an exi vtec convertion so afte we finish it we can decide whos car is FAST” so all I say is stop the baba talk and bring it on my friend……

All the best on your project and hope to see you run it in a few weeks!

baba talk ,, pala yako yanna , n we bring our cars when we want, n we r talkin with ppl like , nigel, Nilantha, Dinesh J, nirsoh, etc ,, not with rice boys,

Amazing what tuning can do to a good engine!!! :huh:

having said that, any idea what this exi can approximately be rated at in terms of bhp?

yes man! i am pretty shocked too about all this, because I really don’t know how he makes that car go like that. I guess must be getting about 135-140 bhp off this set up.

The Exi comes stock with an engine which produces 105bhp, the Vtec engine produces 130bhp with the same 1.5l displacement, swapping a Vtec engine into it will give u 130bhp as in my setup, considering the fact that u are swapping in a standard engine that is. With minor mods like intake/exhaust and ECU you should be able to gain an additional 5-10bhp as this engine was manufactured with the sole intention of economy and reliability, not high performance like a B series. And FX if u are comparing this swap to wat Chang has done then u need to think twice abt it dude!!!

True enough the standard Exi weighs a bit less than a standard Vi/Vti/ViRS BUT as soon as u do da conversion to Vtec this weight difference narrows out. The Vtec head is much heavier than da Exi (extra cam lobes/Vtec oil lines/solenoids), the intake manifold of the Vtec is twice as heavy as the Exi, as well as the Engine block/crank/bigger sump, along with the 4-2-1 header. This swap will most definitely add 75kgs or more to ur car. So dont rely on weight as an advantage, u'll be better off buying an EK3 Vtec in that case.

Good luck for the coversion anyway.....has it already been done? Mine took 1 day actually!

baba talk ,, pala yako yanna , n we bring our cars when we want, n we r talkin with ppl like , nigel, Nilantha, Dinesh J, nirsoh, etc ,, not with rice boys,

Ha ha ha! just because you know some names don’t miss use them dude. I am sure nigel and dinesh j has never heard of your name before. Please my friend! don’t go so low, also look who’s talking about rice boys!

nirsoh is a good dude and he has his own style, but unfortunately he is pretty rice too…

From these two pictures it shows very well the deference between a rice car and a classic!

http://www.autolanka.com/DiscView.asp?mid=14059&forum_id=8&

Hehe good thought Whatsup, next time Im at autoforce I'll ask Dinesh abt Mr. FX....would he know u if I said FX? or Gihan?

Looks like u've got this rice all mixed up Mr FX, there is a difference between da rice on ur plate and the rice on da road if u ask me....maybe u didnt look close enough:p

Hehe good thought Whatsup, next time Im at autoforce I'll ask Dinesh abt Mr. FX....would he know u if I said FX? or Gihan?

Looks like u've got this rice all mixed up Mr FX, there is a difference between da rice on ur plate and the rice on da road if u ask me....maybe u didnt look close enough:p

Man you are some technical freak ya! good good hope some day you can be an other zakie he he he.

Ha ha ha! just because you know some names don’t miss use them dude. I am sure nigel and dinesh j has never heard of your name before. Please my friend! don’t go so low, also look who’s talking about rice boys!

nirsoh is a good dude and he has his own style, but unfortunately he is pretty rice too…

From these two pictures it shows very well the deference between a rice car and a classic!

ane paw u think nigel dont know me so ill be there at 22nd april so if nigel come to pila lets ask him, n if nigled dont know me then u better ask him with whom nigel went to sign aplications to foxhill,

n dinesh j dont know my name , but he know me , so u think nirosh is a rice boy ok so as a man come to pila on 22nd april so we can discuss about that :huh:

now i told nirosh about the rice boys thing so hes wating with us at pila on 22nd

no more replies from me, but lets see u guys or i should say guy at pila

so shaiml u can create pleant of account nw u got whatsup, Quick_Silver , create more n reply same time

yes man! i am pretty shocked too about all this, because I really don’t know how he makes that car go like that. I guess must be getting about 135-140 bhp off this set up.

with 135-140 bhp(assumed) it takes down a GT... wow the power band must be so smoothly distributed over the rpm, also i have heard that honda's wheel spin than the others on shifts, so to overcome that it takes a good driver too. anyway u guys inspired me to do a i-Tuned conversion too, got to wait till July-August to do that :huh:

i have seen chang in drags, i dont think he is any monkey with driving, he must be there at the top, as one of the best drivers(drag), so my thinking is that both cars had good drivers and eventually the better car prompted the result.[just my opinion]

damn i missed this saturday drags, by the time i realised was 3 am and i met most of the guys at pila who had returned from the drags.

dragster thanks for the pics man. was there a problem with the villagers at the drag location, becareful guys, i remember police dressed as villagers caused problems once in athurugiriya.

also dont mention the name of the drag location. their are enough people over here to give it to the cops.

ane paw u think nigel dont know me so ill be there at 22nd april so if nigel come to pila lets ask him, n if nigled dont know me then u better ask him with whom nigel went to sign aplications to foxhill,

n dinesh j dont know my name , but he know me , so u think nirosh is a rice boy ok so as a man come to pila on 22nd april so we can discuss about that :huh:

now i told nirosh about the rice boys thing so hes wating with us at pila on 22nd

no more replies from me, but lets see u guys or i should say guy at pila

so shaiml u can create pleant of account nw u got whatsup, Quick_Silver , create more n reply same time

Ha ha ha ha ha ha babo! i feel so so so so sorry for you, but that’s the way when the true is spoken.

Oh by the way dude with out knowing who’s what, just don’t point fingers because then things will get pretty ugly and you don’t want your Hyundia/EVO messed up ya.

with 135-140 bhp(assumed) it takes down a GT... wow the power band must be so smoothly distributed over the rpm, also i have heard that honda's wheel spin than the others on shifts, so to overcome that it takes a good driver too. anyway u guys inspired me to do a i-Tuned conversion too, got to wait till July-August to do that :D

i have seen chang in drags, i dont think he is any monkey with driving, he must be there at the top, as one of the best drivers(drag), so my thinking is that both cars had good drivers and eventually the better car prompted the result.[just my opinion]

ya man! that car is some thing else. anyhow if you have a honda and want to make it move, then zakie is the man you should visit. good luck my friend with your project!

Also I think you have got it wrong about who drove the GT that night, if I am wrong here just ignore this part. It wasn’t change, it was his friends car and he him self drove it.

And yes i do agree with you that the best car won that night.