• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I'm Moving To Sweeden... Who Wants To Join Me?

Mani

grabbing my bike right now....when do we leave???? :jumping-smiley-013:

by the way did any one you guys check the gallery pics on to right hand side bottom... :action-smiley-015:

Edited by YALA

by the way did any one you guys check the gallery pics on to right hand side bottom... :action-smiley-015:

So this is what the they meant when they wanted equality ................................

adey i just saw :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013:

Urgent Please get me directions to both Swedish Embassy in SL and Vintergatan - central Örebro :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

BTW just want to inform you guys that they are closing the Swedish Embassy in sl by the 30th of March 2010.

So Hurry Up...lol..

BTW just want to inform you guys that they are closing the Swedish Embassy in sl by the 30th of March 2010.

So Hurry Up...lol..

on a similar note did any of you guys hear about the ferry service which is going to be implemented from colombo to india.....i see an opportunity to realize a life long dream of driving from sl to uk and back via land...... :rolleyes: ........can pass sweeden as well as amsterdam :alc: .....jus wondering how many from the AL forum would do something like that in the coming years or least considered doing something like that...

on a similar note did any of you guys hear about the ferry service which is going to be implemented from colombo to india.....i see an opportunity to realize a life long dream of driving from sl to uk and back via land...... :rolleyes: ........can pass sweeden as well as amsterdam :alc: .....jus wondering how many from the AL forum would do something like that in the coming years or least considered doing something like that...

I love these kinda drives too machan but from sl to the uk is bit hard I guess. As long as you have reached the eastern europe then the things will be easy but the problem is until the EU. We have to get visas to all the countries until EU and also the non friendly border crossings are pain too. I am driving from Paris to Maloy(Norway) late this year.

I also read on a paper saying that 'Green Light for Ferry service between Colombo and Cochin'.

yes definately...infact some cars were imported over land in the 1970's...my dad owned a 31 sri morris oxford(orginal diesel) which was brought down from england to india via land and then ferried accross to SL...my late uncle also had a pug 404 brought down the same way...i recently met a driver who did one such trek from england to here and the adventures they had along the way are fantastic to say the least...

i have huge craving to do such a trip like the natgeo program called the long way down...maybe not that extent...but something similar...a trip from north india to galle is somewhat more realistic neda...

yes definately...infact some cars were imported over land in the 1970's...my dad owned a 31 sri morris oxford(orginal diesel) which was brought down from england to india via land and then ferried accross to SL...my late uncle also had a pug 404 brought down the same way...i recently met a driver who did one such trek from england to here and the adventures they had along the way are fantastic to say the least...

i have huge craving to do such a trip like the natgeo program called the long way down...maybe not that extent...but something similar...a trip from north india to galle is somewhat more realistic neda...

well machan im up for something like this any time so if a couple of guys are going ahead with it or planning to do so interested in hearing there thoughts

• 1 month later...
well machan im up for something like this any time so if a couple of guys are going ahead with it or planning to do so interested in hearing there thoughts

LONDON - COLOMBO

=

11 COUNTRIES (UK,FRANCE,GERMANY,AUSTRIA,HUNGARY,ROMANIA,BULGARIA,TURKEY,IRAN, PAKISTAN & INDIA)

=

2 WEEKS

=

TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!! :angry-smiley-048:

CHECK OUT THIS LINK :

http://www.seat61.com/India-overland.htm#R...etable,%20costs

My folks also did this once in the 70's. My uncles apparently done it thrice!! & the crazy fella had done it solo on the 3rd trip!!! :action-smiley-060:

I think a trip like dat is very achievable and realistic now days!! Much exciting than than been stuck in a airplane for 11.5 hrs!!!

LONDON - COLOMBO

=

11 COUNTRIES (UK,FRANCE,GERMANY,AUSTRIA,HUNGARY,ROMANIA,BULGARIA,TURKEY,IRAN, PAKISTAN & INDIA)

=

2 WEEKS

=

TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!! :angry-smiley-048:

CHECK OUT THIS LINK :

http://www.seat61.com/India-overland.htm#R...etable,%20costs

My folks also did this once in the 70's. My uncles apparently done it thrice!! & the crazy fella had done it solo on the 3rd trip!!! :action-smiley-060:

I think a trip like dat is very achievable and realistic now days!! Much exciting than than been stuck in a airplane for 11.5 hrs!!!

I've heard and read that, Veteran Journalist Mr. D.F. Kariyakarawana has bought a car in UK and drove it to Colombo. He also mentioned dat he was late and had to park da car in India till the monsoon is ova. Coz they stop da ferry service for abt 3 months coz of the Rains. He has parked da car in Auto Mobile Association (india) office and lata went back and drove it to Colombo Thru A9 route. Interesting. Problem is with the issues among countrys, How practical it is to cross da borders.

Edited by fatjoe

You guys have taken a perfectly good fantasy and ruined it with all the details... :D

Trip was to Sweden or Estonia for some fun and 'relaxation' :alc:

No stopping in between for sight seeing unless it's Amsterdam ;)

Edited by Mani

I've heard and read that, Veteran Journalist Mr. D.F. Kariyakarawana has bought a car in UK and drove it to Colombo. He also mentioned dat he was late and had to park da car in India till the monsoon is ova. Coz they stop da ferry service for abt 3 months coz of the Rains. He has parked da car in Auto Mobile Association (india) office and lata went back and drove it to Colombo Thru A9 route. Interesting. Problem is with the issues among countrys, How practical it is to cross da borders.

it still can be done i think we just need to map out the route which would be across countries whos visa is easy to get...but i dont think all countries would be as easy as we think including the UK....

i dont think all countries would be as easy as we think including the UK....

we all can thank the Foreign Ministry for that

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=8232

(sorry boys i simply couldn't resist when an opportunity like this comes knocking on the door to criticize the local regime)

getting back on track, what's the procedure to get a visa for your car????? i've been told when these Arabs bring down their cars to certain western countries for show-off purposes they have to pay the full import duty which is reimbursed once the car leaves the visiting country. this process enables them to hold on to their existing Arabian registration plates in the foreign country.

• 1 month later...

i couldn't think of a place to put all this Formula 1 WAG info so decided to land it here! :D

Jenson Button romp with sexy model in Melbourne - F1 star tackles some curves - after his Grand Prix win!

Wild Brit Jenson Button scored a stunning victory in Sunday's first Formula 1 race of the season - and then tackled some more curves in the shape of sexy girlfriend Jessica Michibata!

And did the cheeky driver have a raunchy 'quickie' with the underwear model (24) while he kept the media waiting?

Jenson (29) led the stunning Jessica into his private room for a special post-race debriefing after clinching a magnificent victory in the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne as the F1 season got underway.

Here is how he had his perfect weekend:

6.30pm: Button drove over the finishing line in his Brawn GP car in front of 105,000 spectators. Afterwards he roared: “I just can not believe it. It’s crazy!" Jessica sat watching him on the big screens.

6.45pm: The Brit celebrated on the podium. It was only his second victory in 156 races after his first win in Hungary in 2006. He had been renowned as an unfulfilled talent - is that all about to change!

Button emptied a bottle of champagne over his team manager Ross Brawn (54) and cried “Ross, you're a legend!”

Brawn said: “It is so nice to see my team smiling. If we win enough victories, then we might get the World Championship title!”

7.15pm: The crew had a team meeting. Button, Brawn and their engineers analysed the victory. Jessica, meanwhile, was waiting in a white mini dress with a glass of champagne!

8pm: Finally the randy racer was done. “Where is my girlfriend?” Button asked his team. According to 'The Sun', his eyes were "only for Jessica."

The model ran to him and he picked her up grinning and carried her off to the team office - apparently for a saucy romp.

He shut the door, only to quickly open it again to throw out an employee.

8.10pm: Button and Jessica reappeared ten minutes later, grinning from ear to ear.

Button told curious press and fans: “It got a bit steamy in there!”

Jessica told BILD: “He was so excited!” What exactly she is referring to is anyone’s guess...

Source : http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/...d-prix-win.html

and another...

Sebastian Vettel's mysterious girlfriend

Enigmatic F1 star finally reveals childhood sweetheart Hanna!

vettel-und-freundin-12052459-mfbq,templa

Sebastian Vettel may be Formula 1's hottest property, but he likes to keep his personal life private - especially when it comes to his beautiful but mysterious girlfriend Hanna!

But now the youngest-ever Grand Prix winner - who picked up his second F1 victory in China at the weekend - has been spotted out with his sexy girl for the first time.

The 21-year-old's impressive drive was watched by more than 4.65 million race fans in his native Germany alone.

His biggest fan is still enigmatic girlfriend Hanna - but why has she never been spotted before? Where was she when Vettel rewrote the history books with his debut win at Monza in 2008?

When asked about the whereabouts of his mystery girlfriend, Vettel answered coolly: “Never bring your girlfriend to work with you!”

So who is Hanna?

The 21-year-old is studying textile and design in Baden-Württemberg. The couple don’t live together, far from it in fact.

Vettel said: “We live 400 kilometres apart but we see each other all the time.”

The student told BILD: “We have known each other since school. I was in the year below him. I am just so proud of him.”

F1 star Vettel hasn’t even introduced Hanna to his R*D B*LL team. His mentor Gerhard Noack said: “He has never introduced us. But I think it is a good thing that he keeps his private life separate. Young drivers should concentrate on their careers.”

Even on Vettel’s official website, Hanna is nowhere to be seen. The young German driver's relationship status says single!

What do other Formula 1 stars say about bringing girlfriends along to watch them race?

McLaren-Mercedes world champion Lewis Hamilton loves to have his Pussycat Doll girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger around the track: “I like it when Nicole watches me race. She gives me confidence.”

Nico Rosberg, who has been with girlfriend Vivian for four years, thinks differently. “My father suggested that I bring Vivian into the paddock with me. But I always have so much to do I feel like I neglect her when she watches me.”

Source : http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/...eart-hanna.html