• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Michael Schumacher Returns!

MasterDon

wlt8x5.jpg

Ferrari announced on Wednesday that they plan to draft in Michael Schumacher to replace the injured Felipe Massa at forthcoming Grands Prix, until the Brazilian is able to race again.

The seven-times world champion, who retired from Formula One racing at the end of 2006, will undergo a special training programme over the next few days to confirm he is fit enough to compete in next month’s European Grand Prix.

"The most important thing first: thank God, all news concerning Felipe is positive,” said Schumacher. “I wish him all the best again. I was meeting this afternoon with (Ferrari team principal) Stefano Domenicali and (chairman) Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.

“Though it is true that the Formula One chapter has been completely closed for me for a long time, it is also true that for reasons of loyalty to the team I cannot ignore this unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am I also very much look forward to facing this.”

Schumacher has not driven Ferrari’s current F60 in anger and last tested for the Italian team, with whom he won five world titles, back in April 2008.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/7/9703.html

http://www.michael-schumacher.de/?page=news&story_id=82078〈=uk

Hmm good news!!!

MINIACE

Good news?? Good newss??? This is BRILLIANT!!! :o the legend! the man! he might be back! to actually sit in a f1 car!! and race it!!! :o God I hope he passes the fitness test!!! and I dont care if he comes 1st or last! Just to see him back in the red scuderia!! :o and kimi must be loving this!! :lol:

yeah dude i'm very excited as well...when he was winning every race we took him for granted and forgot how truly wonderful driver he was...but now that has come back we'll get to see the master at work again...perfect timing too cos the car seems to have settled down as well...

it's been awhile since i looked forward to a f1 race this much...

Incredible. I am dumbstruck by this news! Great news indeed. F1 just got an adrenaline boost. Can hardly wait for 23rd Aug. Would be interesting to see how MS handles the less than perfect current car.

I feel bad for Mass though. Isn't he the hardest trying driver?

Read this article :(

Schumacher's return to F1 not a done deal :(

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/674092

MINIACE

yep...he has to be be fit and mostly with the pace of the current lot...tough ask even for schumi...and transitioning from superbikes to a f1 is not easy either,two very differant ball games(even if rossi might think otherwise)...but if anyone can do it he can...

big businesses attached to f1 like the bbc are pushing for his comeback as well...just think of the ratings boost the will get if does indeed race in august.

• 2 weeks later...
Bad news! Shumy is not returning to F1 due to a neck injury.Sad!

MINIACE

Yeah I just saw it on BBC as well. :( what a shame.. soo much expectation and hope.. just shot down. oh well. to be REALLY optimistic i'm hoping he'll come back for the italian grandprix at least. :D Imagine seeing the red ferrari with the german champ back on the podium in Monza? the tiffosi (or something like that) will go mad. hehe sigh. poor schumi. :(

Yeah I just saw it on BBC as well. :( what a shame.. soo much expectation and hope.. just shot down. oh well. to be REALLY optimistic i'm hoping he'll come back for the italian grandprix at least. :D Imagine seeing the red ferrari with the german champ back on the podium in Monza? the tiffosi (or something like that) will go mad. hehe sigh. poor schumi. :(

I re-adjusted my roster too.Damn!!

MINIACE

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's good to hear that the guy is returning, but the sad part is that he is not racing for Ferrari, He will be racing for Mercedes. He should remember that he won the 7 titles with Ferrari and should not turn his back on them. I hope my theory is right here. Anyway I would like to see Ferrari win this time. I am a solid Ferrari Supporter :)

It's good to hear that the guy is returning, but the sad part is that he is not racing for Ferrari, He will be racing for Mercedes. He should remember that he won the 7 titles with Ferrari and should not turn his back on them. I hope my theory is right here. Anyway I would like to see Ferrari win this time. I am a solid Ferrari Supporter :)

but he's reunited with ross brawn at mercedes...so it was the right choice,and the car is one of the best at the moment,on par with the mclarens and redbulls...ferrari needs come up with a good new car asap after last years crappy car...so schumi made the right choice me thinks,and has a good chance of winning.

but yeah,ferrari FTW!

Great news.

Mercedes gave him his first drive in the WSCC. And he's German after all. I'm surprised at the "low" fee though.

Whatever, it's going to be a cracking season. MS in the Merc, Lewis in the Mac, Alonso in the Ferrari, Vettel in the RB. Just imagine a wet race!

However I have a slight feeling that Massa is going to surprise a few.......

• 5 weeks later...