• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3

Ek3

If u r going for a EK3 , make sure u buy a EK3 vtec...as long as u wanna enjoy da ride and seek more power and ow yeah...da fuel consumption also...

vtec is da best...EK3 with a vtec means a gentle beauty and a beast....when u ask for power from a vtec...it will sure give it ya...and when u want economy...u get dat too...specially in EK3 ferio or Vi , it comes with the ECO indicator which tells u dat u drive in da eco way....its jus a tricky bulb indicator which trigers in RPMs less dan 2000 , but it surely works...specially with the 3 stage vtec system. trust me...u will defa enjoy da EK3 vtec.

a japanese domestic which is EK3 Ferio model is varrying from 1.1 mio to 1.6 mio depending on the condition, 1996 - 1998 EK3 can find 1.1 to 1.3 mio.

but i gotta tell u dat Multimatic gear box z something which u gotta be more specific...u gotta check da serving intervals which da gear box has undergone, bcz normal dexron wont go with it and most ppl ruin the gear box when changing the ATF. U mus check da condition of the gear box. Other than that EK3 - vtec z nothng but a reliable , handsome and executive and fun to drive RIDE ! GO FOR IT !

Good & helpful feedback! I did check on a ek3 vi vtec (96) (auto-multimatic) and it sure is quite a ride. There were a few glitches here and there, as in the retracts werent working on the side mirrors, the back power shutters didnt work from the drivers door, paint was not in topping condition, dash board speedo meter panel cover cracked etc. the guy was quoting 1.3mil , and it had done 93k on the clock. I was quite impressed with the car, but how would one as u say check on the condition of the gearbox? only thing i felt was that the car jerked when i changed from Econo to Sports which felt awkward. ANy help would be great guys! thanks v much!

Good & helpful feedback! I did check on a ek3 vi vtec (96) (auto-multimatic) and it sure is quite a ride. There were a few glitches here and there, as in the retracts werent working on the side mirrors, the back power shutters didnt work from the drivers door, paint was not in topping condition, dash board speedo meter panel cover cracked etc. the guy was quoting 1.3mil , and it had done 93k on the clock. I was quite impressed with the car, but how would one as u say check on the condition of the gearbox? only thing i felt was that the car jerked when i changed from Econo to Sports which felt awkward. ANy help would be great guys! thanks v much!

retarct mirrior,shutters and dashboard meter panels are minor things to deal with. even the paint you can do something. but the car shouldnt jerk when shifting from economy to sports. check for any vibrations in the gear box in stop start driving on hill climbs. and check the service records. or you can go agents or upul for a complete check up. but after all, its a joy to ride.

retarct mirrior,shutters and dashboard meter panels are minor things to deal with. even the paint you can do something. but the car shouldnt jerk when shifting from economy to sports. check for any vibrations in the gear box in stop start driving on hill climbs. and check the service records. or you can go agents or upul for a complete check up. but after all, its a joy to ride.

thanks VPJ. the other thing i noticed was a red check light ( something like heatwaves coming off a box shaped thing ) on all the time. Any idea what this could be?

And you are correct mate i was just facinated the way it drove, it almost felt like driving a manual!

thanks VPJ. the other thing i noticed was a red check light ( something like heatwaves coming off a box shaped thing ) on all the time. Any idea what this could be?

And you are correct mate i was just facinated the way it drove, it almost felt like driving a manual!

oh apparently its the catalytic converter :whistle2:

Thats the exhaust symbol

may be the CAT as u mention or possibly even something up with lambda sensor :unsure:

well now looking at it the car seems to be a bit dodgy. :unsure:

im on the lookout for another. wanna make sure i make a good purchase cuz i dont wanna shoot my own two feet now! :action-smiley-034:

thanks for the input guys

there was a blue color one on al site. its lev not vtec. but it has cvt and steering controls. car looks ok from outside. its in kohuwala.

• 4 weeks later...