• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Regarding The Engine Oil

shermal

Question

I have a Kia Sorent Jeep and I'm using the Lanka Super 40, but every 1000Kms the oil is wasting and there is no leak even, I do repaire the engine from a company and i had to pay lot of money for that, but the problem is remain the same??

Can someone help me what shall I do for this?? Also there is a small mis when we chaning the gears??

Pls help me to sort this put??

11 answers to this question

I have a Kia Sorent Jeep and I'm using the Lanka Super 40, but every 1000Kms the oil is wasting and there is no leak even, I do repaire the engine from a company and i had to pay lot of money for that, but the problem is remain the same??

Can someone help me what shall I do for this?? Also there is a small mis when we chaning the gears??

What is the mileage? Is there excessive smoke? Petrol? Diesel?

Why cant you try a better oil for your car? Mobil, Castrol, Shell? why are you using cheap crap?

My thoughts exactly –

I’m no fan of KIA but I feel it’s a good machine compared to the shitty Indian junk we have as jeeps

At least go for Caltex and see; if you can’t be bothered with brands such as those given by KIM

As you are using the cheaper mono grade oil why can't you try Mobil Super XHP 15W-40 multi grade Mineral oil? As far as I know there is no complaints about it.

My thoughts exactly –

I’m no fan of KIA but I feel it’s a good machine compared to the shitty Indian junk we have as jeeps

At least go for Caltex and see; if you can’t be bothered with brands such as those given by KIM

I thought Caltex is the manufacturer of Lanka Super 40 as well!!

Burning oil is not the problem with the make. Better you check the engine. There may be some problems with the mechanism.

I agree with you. The said burning oil broblem is not a problem of il manufacturer. If you (the topic generator) have the smoke test certificate it will be a good measure if your engine actually burns the oil or pass the oil to some other location. <_<

well, in the first post he had mentioned that a engine repair has been done from the company too. wot more to be expected? i cant believe someone using a KIA SUV had to use such a crappy cheap oil..? paying a decent amount for the car it self. sad 2 hear these..

well, in the first post he had mentioned that a engine repair has been done from the company too. wot more to be expected? i cant believe someone using a KIA SUV had to use such a crappy cheap oil..? paying a decent amount for the car it self. sad 2 hear these..

ya, Earlier I use the Mobile XHP and after the repaire fm the company they inform me to use the Lanka Super 40, bcs i take this to company for the same problem, after do all the repaires the problem is remain the same. I had to spend for all around Rs.125,000

ya, Earlier I use the Mobile XHP and after the repaire fm the company they inform me to use the Lanka Super 40, bcs i take this to company for the same problem, after do all the repaires the problem is remain the same. I had to spend for all around Rs.125,000

i think its better if you do the easiest and cheapest thing first. change the oil and see. i think my uncle is using castrol gtx for his kia jeep( sorento). and then you can com to a conclusion. if not i feel that its your piston rings which is giving you the problem.