• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cold Starting Issues - Engine Idle Issues

Riz

Question

I have a mini van 650cc, EFI, 3 cylinder, starting the engine when tempreature is zero is somewhat difficult,

even if engine starts the speed increases and decrease on its own for some time and when tempreature reaches a

certain level engine runs fine. Can this be due to the folowings

- Overfuelling , since when plugs are removed are completley black , is there any why i cud reduce the amount of fuel distributed to the engine

- can this be due Cold start injector fault OR

- wheather injector needs to be cleaned

Throttle body totally cleaned

Any expert advise appreciated

1 answer to this question

I have a mini van 650cc, EFI, 3 cylinder, starting the engine when tempreature is zero is somewhat difficult,

even if engine starts the speed increases and decrease on its own for some time and when tempreature reaches a

certain level engine runs fine. Can this be due to the folowings

- Overfuelling , since when plugs are removed are completley black , is there any why i cud reduce the amount of fuel distributed to the engine

- can this be due Cold start injector fault OR

- wheather injector needs to be cleaned

Throttle body totally cleaned

Any expert advise appreciated

check the usual culprits

condition of the air filter, whether there's any issue with plug wires

If you haven't done a injector cleanup, doing one would be a good idea since SL fuels are not the cleanest...

Also check the oxygen sensors and air flow sensors if the vehicle is equipped with those...if they don't function properly the ECU goes into a close cycle mode and tend to make the fuel mixer too rich...

And plugs going black can also be worn pistons/rings... this too can clog up your plugs making it harder to start when cold...