• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Toyota - Soluna Good?

Upesh

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy a vehicle and TOYOTA SOLUNA is one of the options.

I'm looking for Year 2000 Auto ENGLISH No one.

Is it good as my first vehicle?

Is it good on Fuel?

The soluna is an Ok car. Just be aware that it was not made in Japan, and is actually a rebadged and slightly restyled version of the old Toyota Tercel/Corsa

It generally feels less well put together than a Tercel or Corsa in my experience, Feels more tinny and Maruti-ish.

Overall i'd say its not a bad choice, especially if year of manufacture and registration number are important to you (they really shouldnt be :) ), but there are better cars for the same money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Soluna#Asia

hey man, well what I can tell you about the soluna is, its a VERY basic car, its got low comfort and quality (in both handling and engine power) its supposed to do quite well on fuel though. One of my friends said his auto soluna gets something like 11-12 km/l in colombo with a/c on. so i guess if you got a really good deal go for it.. but its best to go for a better car, a properly maintained corolla will suit you very well on both fuel and comfort and performance :). but please note.. i said "Properly Maintained"

hey man, well what I can tell you about the soluna is, its a VERY basic car, its got low comfort and quality (in both handling and engine power) its supposed to do quite well on fuel though. One of my friends said his auto soluna gets something like 11-12 km/l in colombo with a/c on. so i guess if you got a really good deal go for it.. but its best to go for a better car, a properly maintained corolla will suit you very well on both fuel and comfort and performance :). but please note.. i said "Properly Maintained"

yep...fully agree on the fuel front cos i've seen loads of these run by cab companies.....

and the drivers of those cars insist they are very very good on fuel...

dunno much about anything else though... :)

well..it would be a good choice as a first car, having English plates, later YOM and carrying the 'Toyota' name, and as said above its very good on fuel as well. personally i do not know about the comfort of it, but surely better than of a Maruti, and i guess these cars do have good market as its low on budget and of the fuel economy. cant complain for its 4 doors, size and other comforts and d price.

One of my friends actually purchased a Soluna today for 11 lakhs.

• 3 months later...

I was also expecting to buy soluna. . Nw i changed my mind....thnks all

Can somebody advise me regards the Bluebird SU-14 diesel car( 1997 or 1998 model)....

1. Fuel consumption

2. Secondhand market

3. Spare parts availabilty

4. performance of the vehicle

My budget is also around 1.2 M

I was also expecting to buy soluna. . Nw i changed my mind....thnks all

Can somebody advise me regards the Bluebird SU-14 diesel car( 1997 or 1998 model)....

1. Fuel consumption

2. Secondhand market

3. Spare parts availabilty

4. performance of the vehicle

My budget is also around 1.2 M

when compared to soluna the bluebird is the opposite coz it has a good comfort, power etc but i doubt on the fuel consumption, and when appraising a diesel car be mindfull coz if the seller knw that u are new to cars he will play on u <one of ma best buddy got caught to a diesel nissan pulsar> and what ive heard is cefiro, bluebird parts are relatively high cost than others!

So why dnt u settle down with a petrol sunny fb14 or a even a corrolla would be ok to go with! <u can get a english plate for 1.2 million>

another small advice if u are to go for an auto gear dnt go for 1300cc coz ive experienced less pulling power on my b14!

Hi Upesh

SU-14 is a good comfortable car it is a bit heavy car, so i don't think so it may be doing on fuel, specially regarding your budget , you should be very careful, i don't think so you may be able to buy a good SU 14(diesel) one for that amount, you may have petrol version.

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi,

Thanks Guys for advices....

Because i found that SU-14,SSS ,1999 model double light English Number diesel car in 11.5 lakhs.

Actually i dont know the fuel consumption of that car..thought if it is atleast 10-12kmpl in colombo it will be quite good...

Also thought about fb-14 1997, 1998 model.

what about SB-14 model? Is it a good car. How about fuel consumption? Some people said SB-14 make more trouble than fb14-petrol....is it truth?

And another question......Are there originally manufactured fb-14 diesel cars....if it is what are the differences between SB-14 and fb-14.....

Hi,

Thanks Guys for advices....

Because i found that SU-14,SSS ,1999 model double light English Number diesel car in 11.5 lakhs.

Actually i dont know the fuel consumption of that car..thought if it is atleast 10-12kmpl in colombo it will be quite good...

Also thought about fb-14 1997, 1998 model.

what about SB-14 model? Is it a good car. How about fuel consumption? Some people said SB-14 make more trouble than fb14-petrol....is it truth?

And another question......Are there originally manufactured fb-14 diesel cars....if it is what are the differences between SB-14 and fb-14.....

sb-14 is the diesel one,

fb-14 is the petrol 1500cc,

b-14 is the petrol 1300cc

and there is another one called fnb-14 which is all wheel drive car

hope this helps,

IMO petrol engines are easier to maintain!