• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Japanese Sport Cars

dillongt

Top Japanese Sport Cars  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Top Japanese Sport Cars

• Nissan Skyline GT-R
    • Toyota Supra Turbo
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
    • Subaru Impreza WRX
    • Honda NSX
    • Nissan 350Z / Fairlady Z
    • Mazda RX-8
    • Mitsubishi Eclipse
    • Toyota Celica
    • Mazda RX-7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaah!! guess i missed it. Ill check the forum for it. must cost a fortune..

THIS IS THE CAR GUYS

Every aspect of the Skyline GT-R, from the aerodynamics to body rigidity, ... electronically controlled intelligent four-wheel drive and four-wheel steering..

1999 has seen the introduction of the new Skyline R34 GT-R, with a wealth of history behind it and an enviable reputation to live up to. A ‘super-evolution’ of the model it replaced, the R34 GT-R is more advanced in every respect. Its body is stiffer and its aerodynamics package is further refined, and in V-spec features front and rear carbonfibre diffusers under the car, and dual wing adjustable aerofoil on the bootlid. Among the many technical refinements under the bonnet are twin ceramic intercooled turbochargers, which effectively eliminate turbo-lag. There is also more torque and better power delivery.

A six-speed Getrag transmission now delivers the engine’s output to the wheels. Improvements have been made to the ATTESA four-wheel drive system, which features E-TS, or Electronic Torque Split. This gives the driver the entertainment of a 100 per cent rear-wheel drive car, together with the traction and safety of a 50:50 four-wheel drive system when conditions demand it. This is further backed up by ‘intelligent’ electronic limited-slip differential. Refinements to the Super HICAS rear-wheel steer system include an electronic yaw-rate Feedback Control System for even more precise control of the rear wheels in extreme situations.

The aerodynamic efficiency of the Skyline GT-R has evolved from lessons learned and information gathered on the racetrack. This not only ensures that the car incorporates all the latest visible aerodynamic aids to help smooth the airflow, but also includes hidden items such as the front and rear diffusers fitted under the floor pan. Under high speed driving, the parts that project below the body, such as the engine and rear axle, will normally produce ‘lift’ however by covering the engine and rear differential, the airflow is smoother and less turbulent. In addition, the shape of the Skyline’s rear diffuser is designed to produce downforce and it also helps to cool the differential. A two-stage rear spoiler design manufactured in aluminium alloy is capable of adjustment ranging from 10 to 30 degrees to provide differing degrees of downforce.

The RB26DETT in-line, 2568cc six-cylinder engine retains the previous 280bhp at 6,800 rpm of its predecessor but has been developed to provide more torque for maximum driveability from lower rpm without compromising top end power. Quicker turbo response has also been achieved through the use of new turbochargers. Power is fed through a new six-speed close ratio Getrag gearbox.The basic engine goes back some nine years and was first developed for racing. In racing specification the engine comfortably produces upwards of 507bhp.

Heh heh heh :P:P:P

Praveen Im sure you are gonna love this. What an improvement :P

Now they cant even get your real name correct :action-smiley-060:;):D

I've never seen Dilesh typing Preveen's name correctly..

;)

Dilesh...just kidding machan.. :P

hehehee!!!

dont preasure the kid ptraveen...

podsa me dawas wala english nanawa!!

:P

:D

Anyway, he could use an improvement for his O/L or whatever exam he is taking.

Praveen Im sure you are gonna love this. What an improvement :action-smiley-060:

Neither did u ;)

Yo WRX Man >>>>>> :D

I was torn between the WRX and GT-R....but in the end...hehe...u guys know what i voted for...and by the way, Nissan U.S.A released a press notice that the Next GT-R will be badged as a Nissan and NOT Infiniti..yay!! :D will be released for production in Fall 2007 for the JDM and Spring 2008 for the U.S....

Andrew will you buy the new GTR :ninja:???

My First and only love will always be the legendary RB26DETT..the true and honest Skyline... about the Nissan GT-R yes i may but only because it is a cracking sportscar from Nissan and NOT because of it continuing the GTR emblem....As for my opinion the Skyline was laid to rest with the last production model rolling off the assembly line in february 2002... R.I.P ...

My First and only love will always be the legendary RB26DETT..the true and honest Skyline... about the Nissan GT-R yes i may but only because it is a cracking sportscar from Nissan and NOT because of it continuing the GTR emblem....As for my opinion the Skyline was laid to rest with the last production model rolling off the assembly line in february 2002... R.I.P ...

bt andrew i think NISMO Z-Tune Skyline is a super car , 500 HP man

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline/

bt andrew i think NISMO Z-Tune Skyline is a super car , 500 HP man

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline/

Yes it is dude...but it was not a full production model.. 20 pre-owned cars were bought and completely tuned by Nismo...so it doesnt count...Plus the Z-Tune's are 2800cc and Not 2600cc...they were bored out... so really its not a RB26DETT...more like a RB28....

Yes it is dude...but it was not a full production model.. 20 pre-owned cars were bought and completely tuned by Nismo...so it doesnt count...Plus the Z-Tune's are 2800cc and Not 2600cc...they were bored out... so really its not a RB26DETT...more like a RB28....

Officially there is no RB28 designation. The designator for the Z-Tune engine is the RB26DETT Z2. (The Z1 was used in a race car that they used to prove the Z-Tune.) My model has it on the engine. Have I ranted on the level of detail on that? :)

so u like it ,, but for most ppl skyline is a skyline it dosent matter the engine or the version bt they love it :)

Officially there is no RB28 designation. The designator for the Z-Tune engine is the RB26DETT Z2. (The Z1 was used in a race car that they used to prove the Z-Tune.) My model has it on the engine. Have I ranted on the level of detail on that? :)

Yup i know there is No RB28 but i was merely sayin that to prove a point...and yup its the Z2 on the Z-Tune...and Yes u have told us about the Detail on ur model! LoL..not that i mind hearing about it again..hehehe....

so u like it ,, but for most ppl skyline is a skyline it dosent matter the engine or the version bt they love it :)

HELL YEAH I LOVE THE Z-TUNE!!! LoL... :D .... but not the G35 or newer skyline as ppl know it... urgh hate when ppl call it the 'New Skyline'...drives me mad...heh heh...

Yup i know there is No RB28 but i was merely sayin that to prove a point...and yup its the Z2 on the Z-Tune...and Yes u have told us about the Detail on ur model! LoL..not that i mind hearing about it again..hehehe....

HELL YEAH I LOVE THE Z-TUNE!!! LoL... :) .... but not the G35 or newer skyline as ppl know it... urgh hate when ppl call it the 'New Skyline'...drives me mad...heh heh...

so is the new nissan gtr on sale in jap yet? and any clue of the CIF?

so is the new nissan gtr on sale in jap yet? and any clue of the CIF?

Nope..Not Yet dude...it will be released for sale in the Fall 2007 for Japan and Spring 2008 for the U.S.A...the final production model will be released at Next year's Tokyo Auto Show...so shud be good....

yeak G35 its not a skyline , 2 door cefiro with rear led lights :D

LoL...True True... However i must say that the 2 Door coupe we get here in the States is quite good looking...i would have respected the car more if it didnt carry the Skyline name... thats just me.. :)

LoL...True True... However i must say that the 2 Door coupe we get here in the States is quite good looking...i would have respected the car more if it didnt carry the Skyline name... thats just me.. :)

hey andrew where do u live in usa ? my uncle live in Gaithersburg, MD