• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323

Upesh

mmm if that's the case could be true - but then again depends on the person owning the car and sending it - I was told that most car sale guys do a comperte touch up & pain job etc...

you are correct. it does depend on the previous owner. but as a majority japs do take good care compared to the later. in my view thsi is mainly due to the countires superior infrastructure.

trust me when i say this mate, 'complete touch and paint' days are long over for recon imports. it cost so much to bring down a car these days last thing an importer want is to increase his costs by doing cosmetic upgrades. an unreg car is turning into not even been an option for a car buyer nowadays. how many people you personnely know bought a car withing the last 12 months and how many of them were unreg?????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maintenance i think both cars are reasonable

fule consumption is much better on EK3

performance is similar unless its a VI or a VIRS which has a better pulling power.

resale value will obviousely higher for a honda.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your comments.

I have another question.

I get to know that some Familia cars come with 4WD. Is it true? I saw couple of ads with that category.

I’m looking forward to see your precious comments. :)

Hi Guys,

I have another question.

I get to know that some Familia cars come with 4WD. Is it true? I saw couple of ads with that category.

I'm looking forward to see your precious comments. :)

Yes there are 4WD cars but very rear - Dominic has a blue hatch.

You will also get 4 disk versions too

VVTI versions are also available

Check the bellow link for a detailed explanation of the post 1998 engine versions

http://www.protege323.com/content/24_engines/index.php

machang, my bad for not clearly explaining what falls under 'bits and bobs' in the first place.

most of the cars coming from singa has a similar fate to what Rexton/Acton go through in sri lanka. a major portion of the car is actually assembled in singapore and certain parts are locally manufactured or imported from a different source compared to the japanese version/model. more obviously visible bits and bobs are the leather seats, security system etc.

I fully understand your point – just that I don't believe that the 323 & the Familia are from 2 different countries –

The interior of the version I use (323) is identical to the Familia which came in the same era- just that mine has no airbags & the familia has airbags. Some familia's have brown/grey color interior but all else is the same as the 323.

e.g check this car out - http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=13215 a Familia - identical to the 323 except for the airbags

Just out of curiosity what does the country of origin say in a Rexton ? SL or some other country ?

Edited by mazdaspeed

Hi Guys,

I have another question.

Yup, I have one... in the family.

It's a 1500cc Manual (hatchback) has all 4 disk brakes.. It's a bit slow on the sprint (compared to the front wheel drive) but on corners.. man, it's fun to drive..

There are also 2 sedans.. I have seen.

resale value will obviousely higher for a honda.

You might be surprised.

I was looking to buy a Mazda and the Sri Lankan people have finally realised what good cars they are I think.

Most sellers wanted their asking price and negotiation was limited to very small variations.

Mazdas I think have gained some critical mass and the owners have realised that they are basically reliable, trouble free easy to fix cars and this has had a positive impact on their re sale value.

Just try finding an Interplay for sale (The old 18- or 19- ) ones.

Hondas which used to be quite rare are now a dime a dozen or less , and also the imports from different regions and the variants have made them common as hell. The " Boy racer" image is also not desired by all. I remember some AL pals coming home and I had to justify why I had a Honda parked in ma garden lol......But that said they are very good solid cars and if looked after, run for decades.

It basically come down to you. Fix your budget and buy what YOU like.

Hi Guys,

I have another question.

Thanks again for all of your inputs.

So I'll go for a Mazda Familia (Not 323) 1500 CC manual One...

Is it a good choice? B)

Yeah. Thats a good car man.

Here after join to MFOC. Welcome. :)

Thanks Prem.

So I'll go for Mazda Famila 1500 cc manual one.

If anyone has other ideas, please feel free to comment.

Can someone let me know the price range for 2000 or 2001 manufactured car?

U :) ESH

Thanks Prem.

So I'll go for Mazda Famila 1500 cc manual one.

If anyone has other ideas, please feel free to comment.

Can someone let me know the price range for 2000 or 2001 manufactured car?

U :) ESH

Its difficult to find a manual Mazda familia with good condition. Is it OK to go for a Auto? Is there any huge difference in fuel consumption of Manual and Auto?

Its difficult to find a manual Mazda familia with good condition. Is it OK to go for a Auto? Is there any huge difference in fuel consumption of Manual and Auto?

Hmm, i think there is no huge difference in fuel consumption of Manual and Auto. Because you are going to buy a 1500CC, right ? Still i didnt use a auto vehicle. all are manual. 1500CC Mazda's has a good pulling power. SO there is no major issue.

Guys, pls comment on this. (auto users)

Hmm, i think there is no huge difference in fuel consumption of Manual and Auto. Because you are going to buy a 1500CC, right ? Still i didnt use a auto vehicle. all are manual. 1500CC Mazda's has a good pulling power. SO there is no major issue.

Guys, pls comment on this. (auto users)

Guys...

Any other thoughts on this matter..... :)

Guys...

Any other thoughts on this matter..... :)

i am using a 323 1600cc auto. one thing is that i will not sell it. its a car to drive. pulling is great and good power. since its auto drive is cool. fuel 9-10 colombo with a/c. outstation 11-13. and the ground clearance and other options its superior than the familia.

i am using a 323 1600cc auto. one thing is that i will not sell it. its a car to drive. pulling is great and good power. since its auto drive is cool. fuel 9-10 colombo with a/c. outstation 11-13. and the ground clearance and other options its superior than the familia.

Just for my knowledge... what are the options that are superior than the Familia..??

Here's my two cents worth.

Having driven both cars a lot, I must say that the Mazda is far far superior than the City. For one the Mazda suspension is a lot more sophisticated and there is huge difference in the way it handles and rides. We had two Mazdas, now have one.

The 1.5 gave us 10km/l flat in the city(not the car :D) in traffic. The 1.6 we have now gives us 9km/l.

Did lots of KMs in Thailand many times over many years. Not one bit impressive even on their smooth roads and highways.

I really don't think there is a comparison here as the cars are from two different classes. The 323's proper rival is the Civic not the City. The City's rival should be a Demio/Mazda 2 sedan if ever there was one!

I would go for the Mazda.

Having driven both cars a lot, I must say that the Mazda is far far superior than the City. For one the Mazda suspension is a lot more sophisticated and there is huge difference in the way it handles and rides. We had two Mazdas, now have one.

The 1.5 gave us 10km/l flat in the city(not the car :D) in traffic. The 1.6 we have now gives us 9km/l.

Did lots of KMs in Thailand many times over many years. Not one bit impressive even on their smooth roads and highways.

I really don't think there is a comparison here as the cars are from two different classes. The 323's proper rival is the Civic not the City. The City's rival should be a Demio/Mazda 2 sedan if ever there was one!

I would go for the Mazda.

I.C.E. I.C.E. Baby.... :action-smiley-035:

And da reason not to becom a MFOCer is......? :huh:

Hondas which used to be quite rare are now a dime a dozen or less , and also the imports from different regions and the variants have made them common as hell. The " Boy racer" image is also not desired by all. I remember some AL pals coming home and I had to justify why I had a Honda parked in ma garden lol......But that said they are very good solid cars and if looked after, run for decades.

Can't agree.. and my friend still trying to sell his Mazada familia 17-XXXX for good price. But unable to do so. It's in Nawala. Still Honda's have higher resell value compare to Mazda, Nissan and Toyotas.

Talking about Boy racers.. At some point we all have desire to ba a racer (what ever machie we drive, drag, off road, what ever u call it). But with our age and priority of needs we tend to ingore the racer boy inside us. :angry-smiley-048:

Can't agree.. and my friend still trying to sell his Mazada familia 17-XXXX for good price. But unable to do so. It's in Nawala. Still Honda's have higher resell value compare to Mazda, Nissan and Toyotas.

Talking about Boy racers.. At some point we all have desire to ba a racer (what ever machie we drive, drag, off road, what ever u call it). But with our age and priority of needs we tend to ingore the racer boy inside us. :angry-smiley-048:

Your friend NOT been able to sell his Mazda is highly debatable – True Honda has a good value as opposed to all others but that does not mean that Mazda are BAD. Some reasons your friend can not sell could be :

• Asking for an absurd price
  • Poorly maintained
  • Could be a 1.3CC
  • A carb model
  • Bad interior /exterior etc…
A decently maintained car can be sold with relative ease – Finding a properly maintained car with good records, kept in good condition is really hard these days

Agree with you on the last point – With priorities in life – My ride fulfills both needs

leather seats, easy to maintain. also the rpm meter. and it has a good ground clearance

Dude, have you actually sat or driven in a Familia..??? also, do you consider leather as a better option to Air bags...? (which the 323 doesn't have)

Familia does have the RPM meter... (check the AL classifieds)

What is the extra ground clearance that 323 has over the Familia...? both have the same suspension.. is it not?

Maintenance is no different from each other.... unless your 323 came from Australia, which is the 323f

Edited by Bugatti