• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Is The Best Car For My Budget

KKP

Dear All,

This is my first post in AL.

I am planning to buy a car (sedan) and this is my first vehicle. My budget is 1.7M.

Could you pls suggest which is the best car to buy out of FB15, 323 or Lancer? Preffered YOF later 2000. or can anyone of you suggest any other?

Thanks a lot..

KKP

Dear All,

I am planning to buy a car (sedan) and this is my first vehicle. My budget is 1.7M.

Could you pls suggest which is the best car to buy out of FB15, 323 or Lancer? Preffered YOF later 2000. or can anyone of you suggest any other?

Thanks a lot..

KKP

Hi KKP, welcome to AL forum. I had experience with Mazda BHALP. But some of my friends are using 323. Chami (mazdaspeed), pls comment on this.

Some issues on FB 15 and Lancer, there is a problem in the air flow sensor in FB15 and spare parts are very high prices in Lancer models. Guys, pls correct me if i am wrong. :)

Somewhat related for you: http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=7002&hl=

I think comparing Fuel economy, Spare parts & maintaining cost, Mazda 323 is good for your requirement. Good Luck. :)

Edited by Prami

Dear All,

Thanks a lot..

KKP

From the given 3 choices I will pick the FB15 any day if it's for a normal day to day family use as I have been using a 1999 FB15 for 3 years and really happy about it. Just do a search on AL forums and you will find many topics about this.

BTW Welcome to Autolanka mate!!

Edited by AMG

Dear All,

Thanks a lot..

KKP

Check this out... might be worthwhile..

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=13185

323 is a good car.It has sports car like handling,Performance and its fuel efficient

sports car like handling!!! performance!!! are we talking about the same car here...............

on a slightly different note, what’s with the re-emerge of the 'brand wars' since of late

Some issues on FB 15 and Lancer, there is a problem in the air flow sensor in FB15

Hi all.

Is this statement factually correct. I've heard so many versions of this same 'fact' each time the FB15 is discussed. Most often rumour is that this is specific to the pre 2000 models.

Some say it has to do with the type of sensor (4 vs 5)

Could someone confirm that there was a design fault in the car or is this a marketing gimmick?

BTW I've never seen these comments on forums other than SL ones.

Thanks

Rebel

Dear all,

All your comments are very useful and fruitful. This will help me to buy a good car for with in my budget. Pls keep flowing all the experts comments that you have.

Vey useful forum for guys like us, who is clueless about vehicles, brands, issues and prices. :rolleyes:

Hi all.

Is this statement factually correct. I've heard so many versions of this same 'fact' each time the FB15 is discussed. Most often rumour is that this is specific to the pre 2000 models.

Some say it has to do with the type of sensor (4 vs 5)

Could someone confirm that there was a design fault in the car or is this a marketing gimmick?

BTW I've never seen these comments on forums other than SL ones.

Thanks

Rebel

machang it is not a rumor it's as real as it can get. due to the vintage of the current stock in the market it is fair to say majority of them have got their faulty sensors replaced by now. even if it is to fail the sensor is not that expensive and it is widely available.

unfortunately this wasn't the case in early 99/00 when the first batch of sunnys landed in SL. agents been cocky as they always are started charging ridiculous amounts to change the sensor and the local car buyers been the conservative bunch decided to stay away from this particular model and some gave wide publicity to this simple issue to trash the brand and to sell other rival models and makes. later on spare part importers identified the potential of this sensor and flooded the market thus making the sensor very affordable. classic case of agent screwing their own brand/make due to their own greediness.

machang it is not a rumor it's as real as it can get. due to the vintage of the current stock in the market it is fair to say majority of them have got their faulty sensors replaced by now. even if it is to fail the sensor is not that expensive and it is widely available.

unfortunately this wasn't the case in early 99/00 when the first batch of sunnys landed in SL. agents been cocky as they always are started charging ridiculous amounts to change the sensor and the local car buyers been the conservative bunch decided to stay away from this particular model and some gave wide publicity to this simple issue to trash the brand and to sell other rival models and makes. later on spare part importers identified the potential of this sensor and flooded the market thus making the sensor very affordable. classic case of agent screwing their own brand/make due to their own greediness.

Agree with you machan. As I have said before I will pick FB15 from the list any day. I have been using a FB15 YOM1999 for more than 3 years and never changed any sensors as never found faulty. As you said later models have this problem you can easily change the sensor and it won't cost an Arm and Leg. Also you are not going to be changing the sensor each and every month.

Agree with you machan. As I have said before I will pick FB15 from the list any day. I have been using a FB15 YOM1999 for more than 3 years and never changed any sensors as never found faulty. As you said later models have this problem you can easily change the sensor and it won't cost an Arm and Leg. Also you are not going to be changing the sensor each and every month.

Within the first year My uncle's FB15 (Bought Recon./Unreg.) stalled in the middle of the road, and had to be towed. Later when asked why, A*W mechanics told "Sensor ekak gihilla". They replaced the defective sensor with a new one. The repair cost my uncle Rs. 5000/= (In 2001).

Thereafter the car did not give anymore troubles.

Edited by samishka