• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 5 Series Or And E Class

dizazta

The mid luxary range choice  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 5 Series or E class

• 5 Series
    • E class

machan slight correction, they did the FQ340 doing a whopping 4.3 for the evo9

if you do some weight reduction like carbon fibre body pannels and propshafts ur looking at under 4.0, you'll be laughing silly to the finish line!!

i'll go with the 5 series as well. it'll be interesting to see a poll between the 7 series and the S class???????? <_<

Now that's an interesting question. I am a huge fan of the 3 and the 5..however the new 7 compared to the S..the S is a little more tempting I think. They really dropped the ball with the current 7 I think...plus given how crazy that new S65 is, BMW doesn't really have much to compete against that, does it?

oops i totally forgot about the M5 <_<

BMW M5- V10 500 bhp

0-62mph- 4.5 s

top speed- 155mph

Merc E55AMG

0-60mph-4.3s

top speed 155mph

The M5 is more powerful, and they both have the same top speed, but the merc is better in acceleration. SO i still stand by my choice cos the merc combines both luxury and performance, and it looks dignified.

Im damn sure top speed of both cars are elecronically limited

i'll go with the 5 series as well. it'll be interesting to see a poll between the 7 series and the S class???????? <_<

Good Idea xXx, Guys pls vote in the new poll between 7 Series and S-Class. Im sure results would be different

Definetely the 5 series.

bimmers have have always had a lil bit more sportier suspension and steering response than their Merc counterparts (esp with the M-sport pkg). That is until the recent versions started adding the damn idrive and all other gadgets that take away control from the driver. New bimmers (esp 3 series) Makes a good car for ppl who cant DRIVE.

BMW should make more cars for enthusiasts and not for yuppies who wanna get a 3series as a family sedan to fit their 2 child seats. Anymore, you have to get an M3 to get a bimmer that will let YOU DRIVE. Afterall the yuppies who cant drive can always get the Cclass :)

I know I am off topic with the 3 series remarks, but it gripes my A$$ with what BMW is doing. The reason bimmers are held with such high regard is because they were performance cars that were also safe daily drivers. Then somewhere down the road they became more luxury and less performance...despite their record sales, they have been deviating from the formula that had worked for them for decades.....I just hope they will start offering more affordable decent performance models that arent all driven by the silicon brain. I'd trade the bluetooth and navigation for instant throttle response....I'd wanna car that goes when I tell it to (w/o hitting the kick down), instead of thinking about it..

afterall, its suppose to be the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE...not the ULTIMATE MACHINE THAT DRIVES YOU AROUND

Definetely the 5 series.

bimmers have have always had a lil bit more sportier suspension and steering response than their Merc counterparts (esp with the M-sport pkg). That is until the recent versions started adding the damn idrive and all other gadgets that take away control from the driver. New bimmers (esp 3 series) Makes a good car for ppl who cant DRIVE.

BMW should make more cars for enthusiasts and not for yuppies who wanna get a 3series as a family sedan to fit their 2 child seats. Anymore, you have to get an M3 to get a bimmer that will let YOU DRIVE. Afterall the yuppies who cant drive can always get the Cclass :)

I know I am off topic with the 3 series remarks, but it gripes my A$$ with what BMW is doing. The reason bimmers are held with such high regard is because they were performance cars that were also safe daily drivers. Then somewhere down the road they became more luxury and less performance...despite their record sales, they have been deviating from the formula that had worked for them for decades.....I just hope they will start offering more affordable decent performance models that arent all driven by the silicon brain. I'd trade the bluetooth and navigation for instant throttle response....I'd wanna car that goes when I tell it to (w/o hitting the kick down), instead of thinking about it..

afterall, its suppose to be the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE...not the ULTIMATE MACHINE THAT DRIVES YOU AROUND

Yeah. Was watching 007s "Tomorrow never dies" and was checking out Bonds 750 (They having some sorta Bond festival on Star Movies). Annoying car. Keeps giving advisory comments in the middle of a gun battle in the car park. Like that time that JC was reviewing the M5. It kept interupting him in mid sentence with navigation comments .... :lol:

Yeah. Was watching 007s "Tomorrow never dies" and was checking out Bonds 750 (They having some sorta Bond festival on Star Movies). Annoying car. Keeps giving advisory comments in the middle of a gun battle in the car park. Like that time that JC was reviewing the M5. It kept interupting him in mid sentence with navigation comments .... :D

I dont really mind them keeping the invasive (obstructive) gadgets on the 7 series, but the 3 series should give more control to drivers. BMW didn't even offer a manual shift 7 series version in the US for the (94-02)...and they have the nerve to use a stick shift on the movie Transporter.

I dont really mind them keeping the invasive (obstructive) gadgets on the 7 series, but the 3 series should give more control to drivers. BMW didn't even offer a manual shift 7 series version in the US for the (94-02)...and they have the nerve to use a stick shift on the movie Transporter.

Talking about transporter have u seen transporter2, Thats freaking bull in the making, nice car though the W12.

Talking about transporter have u seen transporter2, Thats freaking bull in the making, nice car though the W12.

;

I saw it...W12 is a sweet engine...W16 is even better :D