• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1600 Sohc Honda Eg 8

Devinda_N

Halooo every one ! Planning on selling my dual carb and to go for a stock vtec ... fedup with body kits and cosmatics ... so i've been looking here n thr n found a eg vtec which has a 1600 sohc engine .. it has been swapd here in sl.. does anybody knw abt this car ( Racing blue ... lip kit .tuned i chips ECU.) owner claims that it has 150 bhp ... is it posible ? hw is the fuel consuption on this motor ? & da pulling power ? is it wise to go for a odd motor like this ? wht do u think guys ?

Don , pericles , Gearhead , Elvis , Shanx , Jadeyblitzen ............ im counting on you guys ... n here r some photoz of my eg dual carb aftr the accident ......

Cheers!

10631134957866050545146.th.jpg

10631134957876050545146.th.jpg

This is the car ryt?

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8291

I saw it advertised yesterday with 15'' low pro's for far less.......wonder y the dude was selling it for far less than the price thats mentioned here....

Machang how does your dual carb do on fuel?

Edited by EXMAC

Sometime back we went to c it cause 1 of ma Friends wanted to Buy it.We offered 950000 but the Guy was not willing to give it. He was asking 975000.That guy was not going to Give us the alloy set too .There were some issues.something was wrong with the rear door locks,The paint had peeled off the parts Painted in silver(Interior).It also needed a Paint Job,had to replace the rear speakers.

Anyway It had gr8 Pickup and Vtec Kicked off at 3500 RPM.Must have been tuned at ICHIPS.This car is parked near the Kirullapone cemetery.This Guy is living In Maharagama

This is the car ryt?

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8291

I saw it advertised yesterday with 15'' low pro's for far less.......wonder y the dude was selling it for far less than the price thats mentioned here....

Machang how does your dual carb do on fuel?

yeahh.. thats da car ! im goin to see da car this wednesday.... ill keep u updated... wel my dual carb has some mods on the engine ... like custom headers , direct downpipe ..k&n replacement filtr ..irredium plugs wires ..stuff like dat but does abt 8kmph in the city limits with ac .....

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Sometime back we went to c it cause 1 of ma Friends wanted to Buy it.We offered 950000 but the Guy was not willing to give it. He was asking 975000.That guy was not going to Give us the alloy set too .There were some issues.something was wrong with the rear door locks,The paint had peeled off the parts Painted in silver(Interior).It also needed a Paint Job,had to replace the rear speakers.

Anyway It had gr8 Pickup and Vtec Kicked off at 3500 RPM.Must have been tuned at ICHIPS.This car is parked near the Kirullapone cemetery.This Guy is living In Maharagama

thnx machan for the details wel im gonna try my luck on wednesday.........

well the car does seem quite serious and focussed so it could be genuine. the engines definitely a d series so parts wont be that different to the run of the mill d15s.

see if you can get ichips to confirm the cars originality if you are seriously considering it. you can't really say its got 150 bhp bang on. but it'll deliver something in the region +-10 to 20 bhp. 0-60 should be around 7-8 seconds so check if it feels that quick. as for fuel consumption i won't be surprised if it turns out to be better than you current car.

i'm no honda expert but i hope this helps :)

I really dont think this engine has anything near 150hp- rather over zealous estimate by the owner to try and jack the price up.

Anyway the the D16 motor- think this car must be either a Z6 or Y8- is really in no way superior to the JDM Vti D15B found in the EG8 and EK3. In fact I've read in many US forums of boys wanting to swap in the D15 for this motor- purely on the fact that it has stronger internals and is better suited for mods. Plus the factory cam that comes with this motor has less favorable performance specs compared to the D15 cam.

As this is not an original car and motor as well, the engine may very well be a rather old example- so you may wanna check compression if your serious about it. Overall I would not buy the car just cause it has this motor in it. Your far better off spending the one lack or so more for an original unspoiled EG8. Spend on getting it chipped and tuned by Zakie and you'll have a decent ride. At sametime you might want to invest in a cam- which I just may have access to ;)

I'll leave the expert comments on the car's styling to our resident Honda Critique Peri :P:)

Ohh well, the D16Z6 is a Vtec engine, USDM spec :D

It is a D-series engine, cant say it's an odd motor, if you want to go for a car wit a Vtec engine, tthis is an option too. You can interchange most parts from other D-serieses, like you can use the header, filter and even the transmission from your car on this motor afaik. Fuel consumption won't be abnormal, as it has been chipped. And 150BHP is a bit far fetched I think, not sure, incase it had internal mods. Anyway, like anyother car you can look for common probs rather than worrying about this motor

So why didn't you look up the engine code on the block?

Edited by shanX

well the car does seem quite serious and focussed so it could be genuine. the engines definitely a d series so parts wont be that different to the run of the mill d15s.

see if you can get ichips to confirm the cars originality if you are seriously considering it. you can't really say its got 150 bhp bang on. but it'll deliver something in the region +-10 to 20 bhp. 0-60 should be around 7-8 seconds so check if it feels that quick. as for fuel consumption i won't be surprised if it turns out to be better than you current car.

i'm no honda expert but i hope this helps :)

Yaeh ill be talking to gaya & zakii asap ....... one of my frnd hv allso seen da car n hv drivd it too.. he says its far beyond bettr than a stock eg vtec ..... machan any idea whts da bhp aftr u chipd a stock 1500 vtec ?

I really dont think this engine has anything near 150hp- rather over zealous estimate by the owner to try and jack the price up.

Anyway the the D16 motor- think this car must be either a Z6 or Y8- is really in no way superior to the JDM Vti D15B found in the EG8 and EK3. In fact I've read in many US forums of boys wanting to swap in the D15 for this motor- purely on the fact that it has stronger internals and is better suited for mods. Plus the factory cam that comes with this motor has less favorable performance specs compared to the D15 cam.

As this is not an original car and motor as well, the engine may very well be a rather old example- so you may wanna check compression if your serious about it. Overall I would not buy the car just cause it has this motor in it. Your far better off spending the one lack or so more for an original unspoiled EG8. Spend on getting it chipped and tuned by Zakie and you'll have a decent ride. At sametime you might want to invest in a cam- which I just may have access to ;)

I'll leave the expert comments on the car's styling to our resident Honda Critique Peri :P:)

thnx machan for the advice n ill be considering all... this tym my budget is arround 9 .. i still have the dual carb with me too .. so its a bit hard to find a gud stock eg vtec on that range.... n i kinnda like this car too ...i was planning to turbo charge a vtec from a long tym and maybe this is my chance ... and macham whts da story behind changing the cam profile ? plz advice ! thnx bro......

thnx machan for the advice n ill be considering all... this tym my budget is arround 9 .. i still have the dual carb with me too .. so its a bit hard to find a gud stock eg vtec on that range.... n i kinnda like this car too ...i was planning to turbo charge a vtec from a long tym and maybe this is my chance ... and macham whts da story behind changing the cam profile ? plz advice ! thnx bro......

A noob Question....can u convert ur DOHC with a vtec??

Ohh well, the D16Z6 is a Vtec engine, USDM spec :D

It is a D-series engine, cant say it's an odd motor, if you want to go for a car wit a Vtec engine, tthis is an option too. You can interchange most parts from other D-serieses, like you can use the header, filter and even the transmission from your car on this motor afaik. Fuel consumption won't be abnormal, as it has been chipped. And 150BHP is a bit far fetched I think, not sure, incase it had internal mods. Anyway, like anyother car you can look for common probs rather than worrying about this motor

So why didn't you look up the engine code on the block?

Thanx shanx...... yeah wht u say is true ,this is a 15 year old car ny way machan ....

ill be goin to see the car tomorrow .. ill be sure to chk da engine code...

The cam profile wont matter if your going turbo :) profile means cam lift and duration of valve opening when v-tec is engaged & not engaged.

If you want turbo- why not consider a GT starlet instead roughing it out with a Honda

No machan .. i have some really bad expirience with starlet GTs.... i went to see a subaru legacy b3 turbo as wel... the owner says it does 3-4 kmpl ... so i smiled n came .... any other options arround one mil .......

Cheers!

No machan .. i have some really bad expirience with starlet GTs.... i went to see a subaru legacy b3 turbo as wel... the owner says it does 3-4 kmpl ... so i smiled n came .... any other options arround one mil .......

Cheers!

Not sure what a B3 legacy is :blink: Anyway why not consider an early 90's BMW 316?

Devinda,

Originally dis car had some Pearl Orrange color and it was owned by Gaya. Den gaya sold it to some one...but when gaya was using dis it was pretty ok...

it also had a black hood..u knw forged carbon fibre ...lol...and after Gaya sold it...dat one had smashed da car as per my memory , and den this must be da current owner...when gaya was using engine was Swapped @ Upul's garrage. and dat was on 2006 (if m not mistaken)...anyways dis EG8 with D16 motor and da current owner claims it 150BHP...dats fkn un acceptable as bcz not 1.6 Vtec can deliver unless it is been extremely tuned and with upgraded ecu...bcz da car i use has D16W7 and dats a 2005 Honda civic..and it also delivers max 118BHP and dat is on factory default ECU and stock grade. M pretty much sure dis EG8 wont give 150 BHP ...if da owner still claims it...do a BHP test with a onbaord ECM scaner....

plus all i can say is EG8 19-4747 is a car which has run on many hands and undergone many mods and many changes...m prety much sure it will be like a horse with tricked out mind...so pls check very well before buying it !!!

Devinda,

Originally dis car had some Pearl Orrange color and it was owned by Gaya. Den gaya sold it to some one...but when gaya was using dis it was pretty ok...

it also had a black hood..u knw forged carbon fibre ...lol...and after Gaya sold it...dat one had smashed da car as per my memory , and den this must be da current owner...when gaya was using engine was Swapped @ Upul's garrage. and dat was on 2006 (if m not mistaken)...anyways dis EG8 with D16 motor and da current owner claims it 150BHP...dats fkn un acceptable as bcz not 1.6 Vtec can deliver unless it is been extremely tuned and with upgraded ecu...bcz da car i use has D16W7 and dats a 2005 Honda civic..and it also delivers max 118BHP and dat is on factory default ECU and stock grade. M pretty much sure dis EG8 wont give 150 BHP ...if da owner still claims it...do a BHP test with a onbaord ECM scaner....

plus all i can say is EG8 19-4747 is a car which has run on many hands and undergone many mods and many changes...m prety much sure it will be like a horse with tricked out mind...so pls check very well before buying it !!!

Thnx very much for da info machan...... i really didnt knw dat much abt it ... ny ways im gonna go for a tubo setup or swap to a b16b ..if i buy it ... so im offering him a less price and will see wot hapns ... i tryn to find stock d15 vtec below n still no luck ! thrs a stock eg hatch at nawala .. im gonna go n see it in da eve..........

Cheers!

Machan it was a 1993 legacy ,2500cc twin turbo.... ny ways cn i get a 316I in that range ?

a 2500cc twin turbo legacy? there was no such thing at least not that early in the legacy's life... the only twin turbo legacys have the EJ20 (2.0 Liter) motor, same one as found in the impreza, only it has twin turbos instead of a single turbo. What was the number of the car do you remember?