• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experience With Indian Alto

thusi

machang don't say stuff like that... Maruti fan boys will come after you with a vengeance! :lol:

or worse, start another thread a few days down the road and make us all go through this rubbish all over again!

Now as users of non-indian vehicles we all agree and aware of pros and cons of Maruti. But there is a group in Sri lanka (which probably don't visit AL much) who can't offered to brand new Jap or Eruo car. So they full fill their need of brand new car with Maruthi at the cost of comfort, safety and frequent repairs.. So why bother

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May JadeyBlitzen and his foul-mouthed company enjoy their Maruti Bashing. :rolleyes:

lol. You need to chill mate! hehe. whether it be "foul-mouthed" or "loving and caring-mouthed, facts are facts.

:D :D :D .Afterall he is also using a hatchback.Anyway Vitz RS is far more better than Maruti alto.

lol. Vitz compared to an maruti?!?! :o thats comparing 2 completely different classes. one is a hatchback thats actually a user friendly reliable motor vehicle. the other is just a box on wheels, which sips petrol slowly. cause its got nothing better to do. :lol::D

Now as users of non-indian vehicles we all agree and aware of pros and cons of Maruti. But there is a group in Sri lanka (which probably don't visit AL much) who can't offered to brand new Jap or Eruo car. So they full fill their need of brand new car with Maruthi at the cost of comfort, safety and frequent repairs.. So why bother

What I stated was my experience. Buying or not buying an Alto is a personal choice. But majority of comments simply showed the level of intolerance that we Sri Lankan have regarding the views/actions/ideas of others. Going by the way that Maruti users are judged by others (at least most), I think it is safe to assume that in addition to owning the latest and the best cars, those ‘superior’ car owners have not settled for nothing less than the best in other things in life - best education, best jobs, best houses so on… ;)

Regarding the fuel measurements, I would like to add that all those are true. But I have noted through fuel gauge viewing that for Colombo running it doe only about 10 to 12 km, and also if I do more than 80k/h, that also burns more petrol.

Since there were some comments about my driving (“Soo would you be the kind of guy that tries to creep in when there’s a long queue of traffic coming from the right/left side ?????”), I would like to add that I am well-behaved than most of drivers of “superior” cars. The only group I sometimes act against aggressively is the three-wheeler drivers ;)

BTW, regarding the quality of Indian cars, I admit they are not as good as Japanese ones. But things have improved – for example if you compare a Maruti of years back with the current model. Also check these :

http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/Ritz_Features.aspx

http://www.marutisuzukiestilo.com/features.asp

http://www.marutisuzukiastar.com/photogallery.html

http://www.marutisx4.com/home.html#

http://www.grandvitaraindia.com/home.html

Just my two cents here.... but there is one distinct advantage the Maruti has over almost all other brands..... especially when it come to careless folks who frequently lock their car with the keys inside.....

No need for Slave Island locksmiths or complicatedly bent dress-hangers..... all you need is a bread knife to pop the lock from the outside. :)

The wife perfected the technique when she used a Zen some years back... but it still works on the current 800s, Zens and Altos.

Just my two cents here.... but there is one distinct advantage the Maruti has over almost all other brands..... especially when it come to careless folks who frequently lock their car with the keys inside.....

No need for Slave Island locksmiths or complicatedly bent dress-hangers..... all you need is a bread knife to pop the lock from the outside. :)

The wife perfected the technique when she used a Zen some years back... but it still works on the current 800s, Zens and Altos.

and you call this an advantage??? but then again. why would anybody wanna steal a maruti in the first place? :lol:

Ahem.... you didn't think the ride was good cos it was with a female co-worker who usually drives a LC 75 eh? :P

as far as i heard, lotsa ladies are reading these pages daily but aren't too bothered about commenting and stuff

Ahem Ahem Mr. Ripper...that was not what I was getting at :rolleyes: he he he

The point was that she's a pretty good driver for one (considering she drives a giant usually ) and the comfort of the car on a long drive the other.....and no

it wasn't cause she was driving :P

The other when stuck at the traffic lights in front of the Maruti showroom, there was a Alto with tinted windows along side me. Wasn't paying much attention until I noticed it getting closer and closer while inching forward.

All of a sudden. The occupant pasted the car's spec sheet on the passenger side window as if for me to read. I thought he or she was holding it but after a while I realized that it was glued. How desperate?

It was hilarious. I was laughing to myself. Felt like pushing it back into the showroom, but wished it was on my left as then it would have been nicer to push it into Kanatte :lol:! Rude of me?

Anyway the funniest bit is that I could not read the details as the window was tinted! I could only barely see the heading which was larger and bold!

today morning in front of my house Alto crashed with a van face to face, Alto driver and passenger was hospitalized and car was badly damaged, but for the van only buffer and fender was the only two parts that had few damages, i think Indians should care about Alto safety lot more

today morning in front of my house Alto crashed with a van face to face, Alto driver and passenger was hospitalized and car was badly damaged, but for the van only buffer and fender was the only two parts that had few damages, i think Indians should care about Alto safety lot more

Occupants of the Alto were interesting right?! Elaborate! :rolleyes:

Quite "Facinating" in your own words! Hahaha!!!

............i think Indians should care about Alto safety lot more

Not Indians, but Japanese. ( Especially Osamu Suzuki who is said to be worried about Tata Nano's safety while his subsidiary company's Maruti 800 and Maruti Omni have serious safety issues.)

By the way I can see how ill-informed these Maruti bashers about the Indian Automobile Industry.

Hve u got Pics of it?

aiyooo...this maruti sh*t has hit the fan again...@#$%^&*#!!!!! :action-smiley-088:

live and let live people!!! :action-smiley-031:

Couldn't agree with you more. This has happened so many times in the past.

Its actually reflects bad on us as a community. Why cant we just let each have his own opinion without trying to cram our down their throats. And why do we have to take offense and react each time somebody says something we do not agree with.

Live and live..

Couldn't agree with you more. This has happened so many times in the past.

Its actually reflects bad on us as a community. Why cant we just let each have his own opinion without trying to cram our down their throats. And why do we have to take offense and react each time somebody says something we do not agree with.

Live and live..

What I stated was my experience. Buying or not buying an Alto is a personal choice. But majority of comments simply showed the level of intolerance that we Sri Lankan have regarding the views/actions/ideas of others. Going by the way that Maruti users are judged by others (at least most), I think it is safe to assume that in addition to owning the latest and the best cars, those ‘superior’ car owners have not settled for nothing less than the best in other things in life - best education, best jobs, best houses so on… ;)

Regarding the fuel measurements, I would like to add that all those are true. But I have noted through fuel gauge viewing that for Colombo running it doe only about 10 to 12 km, and also if I do more than 80k/h, that also burns more petrol.

Since there were some comments about my driving (“Soo would you be the kind of guy that tries to creep in when there’s a long queue of traffic coming from the right/left side ?????”), I would like to add that I am well-behaved than most of drivers of “superior” cars. The only group I sometimes act against aggressively is the three-wheeler drivers ;)

BTW, regarding the quality of Indian cars, I admit they are not as good as Japanese ones. But things have improved – for example if you compare a Maruti of years back with the current model. Also check these :

seems you're missing the point here, no one here said that you should buy a super car or superior car in your own words. What everyone elaborated was lack of safety of this out dated model stays on road thanks to the marketing gimmick features. True it has improved in terms of bells and whistles but safety. I've seen enough accidents where maruti involved and fatal. You don't need a superior car to have better safety than a maruti and you can get close fuel figures too. An ae100 or 18 - mazda 323 will have all the features with added safety and hassle free operation too. It's our decision whether we'll save few bucks on fuel and repairs by compromising the safety of your loved ones.

seems you're missing the point here, no one here said that you should buy a super car or superior car in your own words. What everyone elaborated was lack of safety of this out dated model stays on road thanks to the marketing gimmick features. True it has improved in terms of bells and whistles but safety. I've seen enough accidents where maruti involved and fatal. You don't need a superior car to have better safety than a maruti and you can get close fuel figures too. An ae100 or 18 - mazda 323 will have all the features with added safety and hassle free operation too. It's our decision whether we'll save few bucks on fuel and repairs by compromising the safety of your loved ones.

I don't think there is much difference between the Alto (5th Gen.) and the abovementioned AE 100 (Non-ABS) and 18-Mazda 323 since all of them belong to the same era (i.e. the 90s).When talking about lack of safety we have to emphasise which generation Alto we are talking about. Maruti sells two generations of Altos concurrently.

Maruti 800 = 2nd Gen. Suzuki Alto = This is the model everybody should avoid buying. Though it might hurt their owners' sentiments, Even as a Maruti-Suzuki Fan, I always discourage buying this model. I wonder why they still struggle to sell this 25 year old design, even when its sales are dwindling.

Maruti Alto = 5th Gen. Suzuki Alto = This model is far ahead of Maruti 800 in many aspects (including safety) since it is an 11 year old design. From 2000 to 2008 this was the export model Suzuki Alto (in South Asia it is sold as Maruti Alto) and even exported to UK in VXi trim with the 1061cc engine, ABS & AirBags. Not much successful due to typical "Maruti build-quality". Refer http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/used/su...-review/25152-5 [since last year they export Maruti A-Star as the Suzuki Alto (Export market - 6th Gen.), but in South Asia they still continue with the 5th Gen. Suzuki Alto.]

Without any delay, Suzuki should scrap the former and make the latter the entry level Maruti.

yep. ditto that

as a person who had to make a choice between a brand new maruti or and older jap due to budget constraints...i'm fully with you

i have an ae100 sprinter... a buddy at work has an alto

the fuel figure outstation are marginally better for the alto... in colombo running the alto seems to be far better in economy

but when you take the safety aspect, comfort, space and even power....the two cars are worlds apart.

i have no gripe with maruti owners...

two of my good buddies from work own them... both of them know little about cars and care onlu about the "brand new" factor and fuel economy...

i think most folks go for the marutis because of that

if they are ok with that we have no issues...

but its quite irritating to say the least when the maruti fan boys try to portray a better picture of this car when it actually has issues

a lot of issues...

it's got nothing to do with in tolerance and not liking what other folks use..

i think the first thing is for the maruti fan boys to realize what their cars are good at and what they suck at...

if anybody comments on the negatives of the car, why do you guys get your panties in a twist all the time???

i dont see that from any other folks who have their favorite brands/models...

it's only the maruti fanboys,,,,

inferiority complex??????