• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Island championship, round 1

Details I got says 13th Feb, Rs. 2500 entry fee, Only 100 entries, closing on the 10th

100 racers get 10 laps qualifying. 50 qualifiers take part in sprint races of 10 laps in groups of 10. 1st and 2nd from each race move on to final race of 10 ppl for 10 laps.

Apparently round 2 in March and 3 in April. Points etc. Not clear if the 2.5k entry makes you eligible for all three rounds. Guessing not.

Only notable thing I see is minimum 5 feet height requirement and Long sleeved Ts, Jeans and sports shoes as the dress code. Trophies, certificates and other prizes on offer. Carts will be allocated by draw.

I guess they must be having detail on their site? I got a mail that includes entry forms and stuff too.

dev z.. taking part?

planning on heading that way this evening...so will decide then..it i can hit a sub 30 sec time i just might enter...

the last two occasions it been a consistent 30.01!

hmmm i do have my worries over the whole luck of the draw things on the carts - shame that not all the cars perform/handle in an identical manner - understood given the circumstances though.

...just might give it a whirl :)

planning on heading that way this evening...so will decide then..it i can hit a sub 30 sec time i just might enter...

the last two occasions it been a consistent 30.01!

hmmm i do have my worries over the whole luck of the draw things on the carts - shame that not all the cars perform/handle in an identical manner - understood given the circumstances though.

...just might give it a whirl :)

Damn lightweights! :P

• 3 months later...
Hmmm.... time?

2nd day on a Kart so planning on improving that :P

Would love to take a cibbie or an RS250 there and race to see what kinda time i can get :D

but i bet they will never allow that :D

2nd day on a Kart so planning on improving that :P

Would love to take a cibbie or an RS250 there and race to see what kinda time i can get :D

but i bet they will never allow that :D

I meant what time is the event starting :P

I meant what time is the event starting :P

today at 6pm...but i doubt it would start on time cos as you know our guys will not show up on time for sure :)

RacerX

for 10 minutes, 750 bucks!

A little steep IMO but it's heaps of fun :)

Planning on going there at least once a month... Had the price been lower like say 500 bucks, could have made more visits :)

today at 6pm...but i doubt it would start on time cos as you know our guys will not show up on time for sure :)

RacerX

for 10 minutes, 750 bucks!

A little steep IMO but it's heaps of fun :)

Planning on going there at least once a month... Had the price been lower like say 500 bucks, could have made more visits :)

[/quote

yeah 500 sounds reasonable but 750 is way too steep.