• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alarm For 100deg Centigrade Temperature

ravisam

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi,

When I was serching a vehicle one owner said that he has introduced an alarm for his vehicle, it alarms if engine reaches 100 degrees centigrade. Is anyone in the forum know a place to buy such a sensor and get it installed?

What does it do after the alarm...? shut the engine off? :P

Actually whats the purpose of having it??

Suddenly in a case if one radiator fan go off, or thermostat valve seized, or water hose burst, there will be no indication except the temperature meter going high. Although I am always keeping eye on the meters, this happened to me when I was climbing a Utuwankanda hill (between Kegalle & Mawanella in Kandy - Colombo Road). I saw the meter in quarter of the hill climb just 2mm below the H line. In the hill it didn't took 2 min to go up. So in case like this it is very important to stop the engine and wait a while to prevent the engine from extreme temperatures. (I think no need to say what will happen to the engine).

The alarm is just a warning signal indicating that high temp is observed. It will not shut down the engine.

Actually whats the purpose of having it??

Suddenly in a case if one radiator fan go off, or thermostat valve seized, or water hose burst, there will be no indication except the temperature meter going high. Although I am always keeping eye on the meters, this happened to me when I was climbing a Utuwankanda hill (between Kegalle & Mawanella in Kandy - Colombo Road). I saw the meter in quarter of the hill climb just 2mm below the H line. In the hill it didn't took 2 min to go up. So in case like this it is very important to stop the engine and wait a while to prevent the engine from extreme temperatures. (I think no need to say what will happen to the engine).

The alarm is just a warning signal indicating that high temp is observed. It will not shut down the engine.

Anyone please reply???

Imagine the engine cutting off while in traffic or in the middle of the road.. you'll see your self pushing the car aside. Why not make it simpler. Have a metal plate on the seat and wire the thermostat to your seat, to cause an electric shock..!

cos drivers who don't pay attention to the instrument cluster, don't meet the basic criteria to be driving a car, and deserves to be electrocuted....! :lol:

Yup installing a Temp gauge would be easier.

installing a temp gauge? It's not the solution for what this member asks? There's a temp gauge already and his point is clear to alarm the driver if temp rises suddenly. Some cars comes with such alarming as a built in feature, for an example the 406 blinks a large noticeable stop light if the temp goes up beyond 110. If you're conversant with electronics you can use the same temp sensor and check the level of resistance using a multi meter when temp goes to 100 and use a circuit to trigger an alarm or light. You can take the sensor out and dip it in boiling water still connected to the circuit and perform this. I did similar exercise in my 504 where the temp gauge was french and sensor was japanese so to match two scales i used resistors and did the same to identify the boiling point of the gauge. Good luck with your project :)