• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Beauty For 1.3 M

Upesh

Question

20 answers to this question

With a budget of 1.3 your options are wide.

I personally don’t think except for a very very few models of that budget range all are low in maintenance cost .

Both CK1 &CK2 and CS1 possible options for you. If luck enough you can find an EK3 English numbered 99 beyond one for 1.3 all these cars are very good in Fuel economy.Some avoid Mazdas and Ford BJ series but I don’t see why.

If you are looking for a small car Wagon R or Alto Indian special edition a good buy.Many will disagree but Tata Indigo sedan is a very good car.You can buy one under 1.2M.

Nissan March K11 facelift with CG13 engine (1300cc) is also a good .

If you can find an AE110 under 1.3,you are lucky but don’t waste time hunting for a post 99,110 for that amount.

Im sure you are more than confused now.So start short listing and reply.you’ll find help here.Good luck!

MINIACE

HI All,

I have 1.3 M in my hand. What is the best car I can get for the money in my hand. My requirments are listed bellow.

1. English plates

2. Good Fuel Economy

3. Manufacturing year - Above 99

4. Low maintenance cost

Thank You!

Since english plates are your number one requirement, Im afraid at that price range your choices are Marutis and The koreans....

However, if you are patient, you MIGHT be able to pick up one of the Nissan AD wagons, which are pretty decent, if basic vehicles.

some of the non so conventional options i can think of include the Euro cars which may not be as cheap as the others to maintain in the long run :

Vauxhall Astra

Citroen Xantia & Xara

Fiat Nuovo Punto & Panda

Peugeot 206 & 306

i'm not going to bother with the Korean cars

If your lucky you may be able to pick up a Sunny FB14 , Presea , Pulsar , Bluebird of even a Primera P11

A Toyota Soluna & a Subaru Impreza GC1 may not be entirely impossible to get either...

Going by his list of requirements, I doubt our friend here is the sort to touch a euro car with a ten foot bargepole! still, it takes all kinds....

One thing i forgot to mention was the K11 march.. there are several of those about and they are solid vehicles... There's one on the classifieds right now actually

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=14264

also. something like a perodua kelisa is within that range, and you'll be able to get a newish one

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=14211

and in case you do want to be different to the herds... here's a peugeot 206..

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=13749

having said that, word of advice, Unless you absolutely need to do so (conditions of loan/lease etc) don't limit yourself to "english numbers" and "made after 1999". In the 1.3-1.4 mill range you can pick up some much nicer cars with older year of manufacture/older number plates if you just shop intelligently. Dont fall prey to the all too common Sri Lankan misconception than "newer numbers = better"!

Edited by Supra_Natural

some of the non so conventional options i can think of include the Euro cars which may not be as cheap as the others to maintain in the long run :

Vauxhall Astra

Citroen Xantia & Xara

Fiat Nuovo Punto & Panda

Peugeot 206 & 306

i'm not going to bother with the Korean cars

If your lucky you may be able to pick up a Sunny FB14 , Presea , Pulsar , Bluebird of even a Primera P11

A Toyota Soluna & a Subaru Impreza GC1 may not be entirely impossible to get either...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=14274

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=13060

hmmm i wonder if a Honda City may just be possible as well..

oh & the Suzuki Ignis possibly :unsure:

Maruti alto Special edition will cost about 1.4m

Ad will be Good but it doesnt have much Options But is quite spacious

what Ive heard about the K11 is that It doesnt do much on petrol compared to other vehicles of its class

A subaru or a Peugeot 206 would be a good buy but it will Be expensive to maintain

And The Kelisa is a good car but Ive heard that Unimo is Not so good in Providing after sales service

Korean cars have high maintenance costs,Not fuel efficient nad also have a low resale value but they are very comfortable

How about a FB14.It will do about 10kmpl in the City

I think you can go for a Good start Reflect (EP 91???). And it does better on fuel compare to March K11. Else better for for the Mistubishi range. Also you can go for good Civic EK3 but not the 99 model and English numbers i doubt..

Maruti alto Special edition will cost about 1.4m

Ad will be Good but it doesnt have much Options But is quite spacious

what Ive heard about the K11 is that It doesnt do much on petrol compared to other vehicles of its class

A subaru or a Peugeot 206 would be a good buy but it will Be expensive to maintain

And The Kelisa is a good car but Ive heard that Unimo is Not so good in Providing after sales service

Korean cars have high maintenance costs,Not fuel efficient nad also have a low resale value but they are very comfortable

How about a FB14.It will do about 10kmpl in the City

FB 14 english number 1500 cc will cost you 1.3mn + in good condition (may be 13.5mn ) but 1300 cc (B14) can try below 1.3 mn. I doubt whether you can find anything manufactured after 99. IF can find good deal because low maintenance cost , 10 kmpl in the city and can sell in breeze.

I had one and one paper advertisement sold the car in 4 hours (sunday newspaper)

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Hi,

considering all the facts my choices are if you are looking for a smaller car, toyota starlet ep 91 is the best if you are looking for a larger car even it is little difficult to find for 1.3 mil (but definitely between 1.3 and 1.4mil) mazda 323 1.6cc manual would do the wonder. outstation it will do 13-14km/l (city 9-10)

HI All,

I have 1.3 M in my hand. What is the best car I can get for the money in my hand. My requirments are listed bellow.

1. English plates

2. Good Fuel Economy

3. Manufacturing year - Above 99

4. Low maintenance cost

Thank You!

I once bought a Hyndai Getz for 1.2 and sold for 1.3 last year.

The car has a nice sporty look and was fully kitted with 15 inch alloys, CD,etc.. Handling was very good and had very soft shocks and it was great to drive.

1.English plates -- Yes it was a KA number

2. Good Fuel Economy -- Poor does around 7 as it was auto. But if you do onlly short runs its ok

3. Manufacturing year - Above 99 Well within this criteria it was YOM was 2003

4. Low maintenance cost - Did only a few repairs and was not very expensive, sometime I had prolems as most " local mechanics ( ie : Bass) were not familiar with the car. But no major issue.

Hey this is not fair…members all contribute with suggestions and not a single acknowledgement from the topic starter. Worth suggesting more?

MINIACE

I’m extremely sorry guys. I was on a secured network last couple of days and unable to access AL. I went through all of your valuable comments. Small car will not go with my size. :) Based on the comments Mazda and HONDA City are my options. I tried to find a Mazda manual gear one last couple of months. But didn’t had any luck. Now I’m sick with the process of finding a good manual Mazda.

But there are lots of Honda City cars around. So is it OK to go for a City? What are the positive and negative points of Honda City?

Are there any special areas I need to look in before closing out the deal?

I’m extremely sorry guys. I was on a secured network last couple of days and unable to access AL. I went through all of your valuable comments. Small car will not go with my size. :) Based on the comments Mazda and HONDA City are my options. I tried to find a Mazda manual gear one last couple of months. But didn’t had any luck. Now I’m sick with the process of finding a good manual Mazda.

1.3 should get you a decent Mazda I would have thought?

As mentioned by someone I too suggest that you forget the hangup about the number and get a car which has been looked after. The number does not matter if the care has been cared for and the reverse is also true.

Buy a car to suit your needs, save some cash for the TLC which will make her a beaut and then enjoy.

BTW,

LOl, so who said Mazda has lower resale value eh? :action-smiley-060:

Honda City - good car- but buy carefully lots of dogs around....I came across a few when looking for a car for the spouse. :)

Good luck.