• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Official Drags At Gp?

Andrew_GTR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wasn't a mod and needed to watch what I have to say on the forums...... guess what I'll be saying about this?

I have a pretty darn good idea what that is..!! heheh...and nope i aint sayin it out loud either... :)

If people actually got together and formed a proper body and appealed with a proper plan to some sponsors in SL and some of those noisy philanthropy types we have, there's a possibility of covering the (millions of?) bucks needed to fund a professional strip. plus they'll get benefits through sponsorships etc. A proper drag strip would be a hit attraction, only thing getting everybody to take the initiative and form a body...is another story.

Like i said be4, talked to lasitha, and hes generally saying its gonna happen, wit the applications available first week of May. He's an Old Boy of DS i think too ..

Aite... Thanks.. If u get an application send me a copy dude if ya can....

jus spoke to a frnd who's a DS old boy but not an activ one...he told me he'll get me details on the event if it is actually happenin...

he also mentiond that there's sum run in kurunegala on a 1.5km straight stretch...the 28th of april...will check up on dat too

i don't know how successful an official drag strip would be. part of the thrill of the drags is the whole issue of cops coming and things like that.

i say this because the turnout at the official drags was very poor at katu...

i don't know how successful an official drag strip would be. part of the thrill of the drags is the whole issue of cops coming and things like that.

i say this because the turnout at the official drags was very poor at katu...

The turnout was poor because nobody wanted to drive to Katu to eat a Katta just for some silly drags. In fact, Katu is such a hell-hole nobody goes there unless they absolutely have to.

Shakir, I think your boy may be referring to the Kurunegala Road Races, which are advertised on the front-page of Autolanka. That is proper road-racing though, and not just a straight-line thrash.

Shakir, I think your boy may be referring to the Kurunegala Road Races, which are advertised on the front-page of Autolanka. That is proper road-racing though, and not just a straight-line thrash.

y do i never read that front page? anyways...organised by MRA n st anne's old boys...the irony

yea it does look like a road-race...my frnd was probably referrin to straight stretch tho not particularly drag stretch

The turnout was poor because nobody wanted to drive to Katu to eat a Katta just for some silly drags. In fact, Katu is such a hell-hole nobody goes there unless they absolutely have to.

i guess making a 1/4 mile track can be done in under 1.0 mil.... but the ;and is gonna be the hard thing to find...and not to mention more land for a carpark for spectators...l and a building for managment/utilities

i guess making a 1/4 mile track can be done in under 1.0 mil.... but the ;and is gonna be the hard thing to find...and not to mention more land for a carpark for spectators...l and a building for managment/utilities

Nah dude...this will neva happen... Firstly there's not enuf interest to cover a huge amount needed to fund the strip...secondly it will have ta be outta colombo and not many ppl will go all the way there when GP is in the smack center of colombo.......

Nah dude...this will neva happen... Firstly there's not enuf interest to cover a huge amount needed to fund the strip...secondly it will have ta be outta colombo and not many ppl will go all the way there when GP is in the smack center of colombo.......

point taken but never say never. come 2 think of it there are quite a number of people interested in drags but are afraid to take part bacause of the cops and the fact that its an uncontrolled enviorenment.

afraid to take part bacause of the cops and the fact that its an uncontrolled enviorenment.

:o:rolleyes::ninja: .....and thats why Street Racing is a World Wide Phenomenon.... ya i know what ya mean dude but realistically no one will want to take on a Huge Responsibility such as building and monitoring a Drag Strip...dude just imagine the amount of accidents caused by all the cars "warming up" on their way to the strip...its SL man... thats the way it is....

point taken but never say never. come 2 think of it there are quite a number of people interested in drags but are afraid to take part bacause of the cops and the fact that its an uncontrolled enviorenment.

ya.. never say never...

i bet they gad lots of people sayhing the same thing about the water theme park in SL.. but look how that worked out in the end..

:o:rolleyes::ninja: .....and thats why Street Racing is a World Wide Phenomenon.... ya i know what ya mean dude but realistically no one will want to take on a Huge Responsibility such as building and monitoring a Drag Strip...dude just imagine the amount of accidents caused by all the cars "warming up" on their way to the strip...its SL man... thats the way it is....

nw i dont think ppl will go out of colombo to Drag............ cus new fuel prices :alc:

ya.. never say never...

i bet they gad lots of people sayhing the same thing about the water theme park in SL.. but look how that worked out in the end..

Ok Ok u bloody Optimists...hehe... :rolleyes: ....YES YES SL WILL HAVE A DRAG STRIP!!! There happy u 2?!?!?... :o