• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Official Drags At Gp?

Andrew_GTR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

point taken but never say never. come 2 think of it there are quite a number of people interested in drags but are afraid to take part bacause of the cops and the fact that its an uncontrolled enviorenment.

To those ppl, I say, Watch some eps of "Extreme Sports Disasters" Even in a controlled environment designed with safety in mind, shit happens. Thats part of any type of racing. Even go-carts. How many top fuel drag cars have exploded over the years?

U'll be suprised dude..u'll be suprised..!!! ... :action-smiley-060::D

Considering where u at, no I'm not. I was there too :D

To those ppl, I say, Watch some eps of "Extreme Sports Disasters" Even in a controlled environment designed with safety in mind, shit happens. Thats part of any type of racing. Even go-carts. How many top fuel drag cars have exploded over the years?

Considering where u at, no I'm not. I was there too :action-smiley-060:

Yeah but those drag cars that mostly blow up have engines that are tuned to the limit of blowing out, and we are talking about serious power and acceleration, sub 9 sec quarter mile or less, how many of our cars actually lift off the front wheels when launching? How many of our cars blew engines or tyres? I do remember in GP a car knocking a 3 wheeler at the finish line. and another crashing towards a round about and a BMW almost crashing on to a parked STI, also we are talking about SL, some drunkard bugger or a dog or something jumps across the road, then what happens?

so you see where I’m going?

Drag strip - straight line, No offence, if our guys can’t keep the cars going in a straight line they shouldn't even be driving or racing.. and we are not talking about extreme maneuvering techniques here its just a blooming straight line, no frills! no one 2 say that one lane has advantage over the other bull****.

Of course there is no element of excitement in getting caught, but in terms of real dragging the driver should have at least the peace of mind to concentrate on the race and not worry about cops.

Minimising the risk factor is always a good thing anytime? Just my thoughts. :D

ya that'll be the day!

btw, andew today a day off or something? seeing u a lot on the forum.. :D

Yep a nice relaxed day wit not much work dude... thought ill spend it on Autolanka!!.. ill be here tommoro as well but by Thursday im gone.........

"Dinesh says:

As far as i know, the GP drag will not take place

as CMSC has booked that date for a Auto Cross at Waters Edge.

No probs, u can do that and check this link for the updated events.

http://www.dinesh-d.com/events/2006calendar.php

Dinesh says: The next major event is the Kurunegala Road races."

and that is an Exact Quote from Mr.Dinesh Deheragoda .... :angry-smiley-048: