• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The 50 Worst Cars Of All Time

Devinda_Z

Are you referring to the Holden Commodore? I thought that was off a European design?

No, the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro (Pontiac GTO), and the Holden/Vauxhall VXR8 (Pontiac G8). The Commodore, I'm not sure where the design originated from, but I've seen a badge engineered version of it peddled as the Cadillac Cartera, in the US.

The book 'World's Worst Cars' by Craig Cheetham includes those cars. (Though there are more than a dozen of titles on "Worst Cars" featured in Amazon.com, this was the only book I could find in Sri Lanka.)

However if one goes through the readers' book review section in Amazon.com, critical reviews show that most of the authors have (controversially) included cars that are personally hated by them.

One reader has commented

" .... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...." (http://www.amazon.com/Worst-Cars-Ever-Sold...cm_cr_pr_sims_t)

True that, but it goes beyond looks. Reliability is a huge factor when defining a crappy car. Take TVR, and the whole fiasco with bits falling off while going at high speed.

No, the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro (Pontiac GTO), and the Holden/Vauxhall VXR8 (Pontiac G8). The Commodore, I'm not sure where the design originated from, but I've seen a badge engineered version of it peddled as the Cadillac Cartera, in the US.

The various versions of the commodore were always based around extended/modified versions of the Bigger vauxhall/opels. The Carlton/Omega if i remember right. And I think the car that was sold as the Caddy Catera was actually an opel omega which had been somewhat americanised.