• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Dslr?

HardHat

oh yeah! that has to be one of the saddest shots i've taken to date and that day and the memory of it is still fresh in my mind! :(

I know much worse stuff happens all over the world including SL but being witness to one and capturing that in a pic sorta hits you hard...

Just saw that pic, One hell of a sobering sentiment you've expressed in the caption... We sometimes forget how lucky we are!

Wonderful capture too..

again thank all for your views and hey Peri, that's a geat site and the 'head to head' feature really helps

I'm a lot wiser now but still torn between the two. Sadly 50D is prohibitively expensive.

Does the fact that Canon body is made in Japan and Nikon in Thailand play any part on my deicision?

You can probably pick up a 40D for less than the 500D these days. Something I would do. BUT if having movie mode on the camera is something you miss, you don't want to do that. I miss that sometimes, specially when one of my colleagues got drunk at another colleagues wedding, did some weird dance moves and fell on his ass. I got a stream of pics (bless the re-cycle times on the 430EXII :D ) but its not the same as a movie. Luckily, someone else got it on video :D

You can probably pick up a 40D for less than the 500D these days. Something I would do. BUT if having movie mode on the camera is something you miss, you don't want to do that. I miss that sometimes, specially when one of my colleagues got drunk at another colleagues wedding, did some weird dance moves and fell on his ass. I got a stream of pics (bless the re-cycle times on the 430EXII :D ) but its not the same as a movie. Luckily, someone else got it on video :D

yep i too think having video is a big plus :)

saw some vids taken off a 5dmkII coupled with an ef400 F4L and man those videos are razor sharp...

A nature photographer friend had taken close up vids of an elephant scraping grass off dry dusty ground with it's trunk...it was amazing!

i would love to own that camera :(

40D is a good suggestion but I would prefer to have video as well

I do have a very good and compact camcoder but the contant toggle between still and movie cameras while sightseeing is not helping

Just so you know, these things probably make huge vid files. Canon seems to have never got round to using a decent codec in the cameras. And the 500D does shoot 720p video. Lots of large capacity memory cards needed.

Just so you know, these things probably make huge vid files. Canon seems to have never got round to using a decent codec in the cameras. And the 500D does shoot 720p video. Lots of large capacity memory cards needed.

wonder how the Nikon performs in this particular area...i mean with the videos compression stuff... the D90 too shoot 720p vids