• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sd33t

Janith Seneviratne

Join the Club! I'm in search of a SD33T for a newly brought Petrol by my friend :alc:

yea, nobody here talk about patrols or sd engines here, hy whats the market price of a patrol mq these days, found one (low roof) for 8.5 in kind topping condition(need to replace leafs, n repaint the body), is that price is ok btw its a 27-xxxx,

n its nearly impossible to find a MK160, many are mq's with the grill n lights n stuff

yea, nobody here talk about patrols or sd engines here, hy whats the market price of a patrol mq these days, found one (low roof) for 8.5 in kind topping condition(need to replace leafs, n repaint the body), is that price is ok btw its a 27-xxxx,

n its nearly impossible to find a MK160, many are mq's with the grill n lights n stuff

Mate U sure it's still available or have u already brought it? coz my friend just brought some thing same :o

On the topic of Mk's and SD33t engines. Did any of you folks see a 5 door MK160 at a car sale in Kotte? How much do you guys think its worth. It was a 32-.... vehicle.

One thing I've heard of is that they dont do well on fuel due to the excessive weight. But they do sound sweet them in line 6 cylinder engine.

On the topic of Mk's and SD33t engines. Did any of you folks see a 5 door MK160 at a car sale in Kotte? How much do you guys think its worth. It was a 32-.... vehicle.

One thing I've heard of is that they dont do well on fuel due to the excessive weight. But they do sound sweet them in line 6 cylinder engine.

Machan I heard that it's quoted 2.7 Million. Not so good condition as for the info I got. Running on a original SD33 :angry-smiley-024:

on the other hand a a Y60 for around 3 Million is a better deal if you can find a decent ride :huh: Right ?

2.7mil for that is too much.. One of my colleagues bro sold his bro's Y60 SWB for 2.2mil... I will buy a Isuzu Trooper or a Mitsu Pajero instead of that in that case.

I was thinking in the 2.0mil and below range for that.

2.7mil for that is too much.. One of my colleagues bro sold his bro's Y60 SWB for 2.2mil... I will buy a Isuzu Trooper or a Mitsu Pajero instead of that in that case.

I was thinking in the 2.0mil and below range for that.

According to my friend who saw it last week it may be worth less as for the poor body condition machan!

According to my friend who saw it last week it may be worth less as for the poor body condition machan!

Damn.. so it looks like closer you are to the vehicle you will see a lot of problems.

Janith, machang what exactly are you looking at with the Nissan engines? I think MRM had a mk 160 which he was doing up... but not a turbo.

Damn.. so it looks like closer you are to the vehicle you will see a lot of problems.

Janith, machang what exactly are you looking at with the Nissan engines? I think MRM had a mk 160 which he was doing up... but not a turbo.

MRM has since gone down the Trooper route afaik :)

Mate U sure it's still available or have u already brought it? coz my friend just brought some thing same :o

u mean in front of nagavihara ryt, i've also checked it, it doesnt worth the price they're asking, inside even sucks more than out side, they've tried to make it a y60 with no luck, it hs d y60 dash, in my word its kind a walak

u mean a square light patrol, most original MK 160's came with a turbo, i like the sound of it, oh its still there, but i hv to finish wrk n gv my 4dr5 b4 giving it(already hv one for that so no worries), n hvn sum exams thesedayz so soon all these finishes i'd probably go for a patrol ( all my research found out is low roof is much more expensive, than super roof, MK is more expensive than MQ) so will go for a most economically viable option at that tym but wont go 4 a super roof(yuck)

Edited by Janith Seneviratne

u mean a square light patrol, most original MK 160's came with a turbo, i like the sound of it, oh its still there, but i hv to finish wrk n gv my 4dr5 b4 giving it(already hv one for that so no worries), n hvn sum exams thesedayz so soon all these finishes i'd probably go for a patrol ( all my research found out is low roof is much more expensive, than super roof, MK is more expensive than MQ) so will go for a most economically viable option at that tym but wont go 4 a super roof(yuck)

Machang on the subject of SD33T, I checked around and found out that it was not available on the brand new Patrols which came to Sri Lanka (known source who worked at A*W) Therefore those would be later fitments.

A word of advice do not expect good fuel economy on par with the Mitsu Jeep as you are talking about a very heavy vehicle.. (as they say erunoth aliyekma genna ona adinna).

Also if just for the record there was a yellow coloured Patrol for sale in Malabe asking price was 1mil with a 31sri number, worth checking out.

Machang on the subject of SD33T, I checked around and found out that it was not available on the brand new Patrols which came to Sri Lanka (known source who worked at A*W) Therefore those would be later fitments.

A word of advice do not expect good fuel economy on par with the Mitsu Jeep as you are talking about a very heavy vehicle.. (as they say erunoth aliyekma genna ona adinna).

Also if just for the record there was a yellow coloured Patrol for sale in Malabe asking price was 1mil with a 31sri number, worth checking out.

thanx for the update, may i knw a num f the yellow one, and im searching for a mk160(a white one) i saw last week in kaduwela, that one seems to be a European edition cz of the rear windows wiper and head light wipers, and its a square light one :), for me its ok cz my mitsu had a under compression problem so u knw, it needed atleast Rs. 1000 bucks of diesel to go from nugegoda to malabe n back, as i know 160 patrol atleast does 10KM/L so thats not bad as it has been LOL, and the patrol is more cumfatable than a 4dr5 coz longer leafs, cant go long trips on mitsubishi jeep hope u hv the feeling, thats why i thought of buying one, tl me about the yellow one, do u mean the yellow one with white fiber top, the low roof one, if thats it i've seen it bt dnt knw where it is, plz keep me inform, and honestly dont go for that patrol near nagavihara it would worth maximum 1.5 mil n thats maximum

Edited by Janith Seneviratne

thanx for the update, may i knw a num f the yellow one, and im searching for a mk160(a white one) i saw last week in kaduwela, that one seems to be a European edition cz of the rear windows wiper and head light wipers, and its a square light one :), for me its ok cz my mitsu had a under compression problem so u knw, it needed atleast Rs. 1000 bucks of diesel to go from nugegoda to malabe n back, as i know 160 patrol atleast does 10KM/L so thats not bad as it has been LOL, and the patrol is more cumfatable than a 4dr5 coz longer leafs, cant go long trips on mitsubishi jeep hope u hv the feeling, thats why i thought of buying one, tl me about the yellow one, do u mean the yellow one with white fiber top, the low roof one, if thats it i've seen it bt dnt knw where it is, plz keep me inform, and honestly dont go for that patrol near nagavihara it would worth maximum 1.5 mil n thats maximum

Its a round light model, yeah its the one with the white fibre top. Its in Malabe (or was) just before the Malabe junction from Battaramulla area.

u mean in front of nagavihara ryt, i've also checked it, it doesnt worth the price they're asking, inside even sucks more than out side, they've tried to make it a y60 with no luck, it hs d y60 dash, in my word its kind a walak

sorry for the late reply mate! yes that's the one. How ever my friend managed to get a Original Short Wheel jeep for 8.5L :)

is there a way to import an old nissan patrol? (without making it a gedi)

I dont think so machang. As the ones your looking at seems to be more than 20 years old. Unless of course if they still give the Body permits which you can put on a rusted one. Oh and also check AL Classifieds, there's a 160 for sale but asking price is a bit too high in point of view. http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=15279

On the subject of the Yellow Patrol in Malabe, dont think its there anymore.

I dont think so machang. As the ones your looking at seems to be more than 20 years old. Unless of course if they still give the Body permits which you can put on a rusted one. Oh and also check AL Classifieds, there's a 160 for sale but asking price is a bit too high in point of view. http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=15279

On the subject of the Yellow Patrol in Malabe, dont think its there anymore.

i've been searching for the yellow one you told me, no news so far, and the one in the above ad wz on sale on *ri*an*ars.co* for 9.5 like last year, i've even seen it, for 9.5 its fine, but it has lost it original looks cz f y60 parts, alwayz its a nice one, but too price is too high

i've been searching for the yellow one you told me, no news so far, and the one in the above ad wz on sale on *ri*an*ars.co* for 9.5 like last year, i've even seen it, for 9.5 its fine, but it has lost it original looks cz f y60 parts, alwayz its a nice one, but too price is too high

Machang there was another advertised this Sunday check that out as well. Not the one with the picture though.

Machang there was another advertised this Sunday check that out as well. Not the one with the picture though.

been seeing a grey/black/darkgreenish colour semi cannopy top of sorts running abt with a 27- plate... had a Grand Road badge or something to that effect if i recall right :unsure: