• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lance Box 1982

fatjoe

Question

Hey guys,

Nice to be back after some time. After lot of thought,comments and suggestions, finally tot of restoring my vehicle fully. Its a 1982 Lancer EX. In our language its lancer box. Does anybody have a manual for this vehicle or any link I can down load it from.

Couple of Other questions

* Do I have to re-register if I change the colour of the car?

*I read some wehere abt the under coat used to stop water leakages on the floororad, dat its not da bet thing to do. Ne idea on this?

*Can we use LED used in day today equipment to make vehicle tail lights.

Cheers

7 answers to this question

Hey guys,

Nice to be back after some time. After lot of thought,comments and suggestions, finally tot of restoring my vehicle fully. Its a 1982 Lancer EX. In our language its lancer box. Does anybody have a manual for this vehicle or any link I can down load it from.

Couple of Other questions

* Do I have to re-register if I change the colour of the car?

*I read some wehere abt the under coat used to stop water leakages on the floororad, dat its not da bet thing to do. Ne idea on this?

*Can we use LED used in day today equipment to make vehicle tail lights.

Cheers

you should be able to possible buy a haynes manual online... it's not a 100% perfect manual but definitely worth the money...

dunno about online links for free download maybe someone else might have a source for that...

ideally you have to amend your reg book after changing color but then again this is SL :) most people just don't bother mainly because presently there's no way to pull you over and say the color on the book doesn't match the car... But i suppose if your car gets stolen or summin like that were to happen the color factor might be an issue...

AFAIK the under coat is not aimed and stopping existing leaks. If your floor board is rusted and leaking best bet is to go to a body shop and get it done with new sheeting. The under coat is there to protect this metal from abrasions, corrosion and the likes.

The previous owner of my car also has done this under coat and it's one tough sucker... very good protection as far i can see...

most people now use led's for many auxiliary lights. some for the visual appeal and others to save up on power consumption so that saving can be channeled elsewhere.

But these automotive LED's are not the ones you would see in you average household electronics and stuff... these are lot more powerful

good place to just look around would be ebay, but i suppose now it's available in SL also without too much of a hassle

ideally you have to amend your reg book after changing color but then again this is SL :) most people just don't bother mainly because presently there's no way to pull you over and say the color on the book doesn't match the car...

oh yes they do! :(

i've been hassled a coupla times by the coppers for no good reason even though the colour is as in the 'book' - i had to whip out a copy of the registration and prove that it was the original colour <_<

oh yes they do! :(

i've been hassled a coupla times by the coppers for no good reason even though the colour is as in the 'book' - i had to whip out a copy of the registration and prove that it was the original colour <_<

i would guess this is more to do with those 4 pipes you have at the back :P

why and how on earth would the coppers even ask about the color thing mate???

say they flag you down for summin and do they ask like...this is not the right color of this car? where's the book? etc?

i don't even carry a copy of the damn reg book :) must be the invisible corolla factor :P

I use LED bulbs all around. The rear 1157s were a little expensive, but each light is comprised of 27 two chip red SMDs, which effectively means there's the equivalent of 54 red LEDs in each bulb. The front park lights have 7 three chip white SMDs with a colour temp of 6000K, so they look purple against my 4300K HIDs. For the turn indicators, you need to couple a load resistor in series or otherwise you'll have strobes, not turn indicators. Also, for newer cars with the "Bulb out" indicators, you will need to use a load resistor for each of the circuits i.e. front park lights, rear lights, etc otherwise the "Bulb out" indicator will be perpetually lit.

P.S. For coloured lenses, you must purchase LEDs in the colour of the lens, because the filtered light from white LEDs has a much lower intensity when compared to using LEDs with a colour very close to that of the filter. This is because LEDs derive their colour from the metal used in the junction and not a coloured filter.

Edited by terrabytetango

i would guess this is more to do with those 4 pipes you have at the back :P

why and how on earth would the coppers even ask about the color thing mate???

say they flag you down for summin and do they ask like...this is not the right color of this car? where's the book? etc?

i don't even carry a copy of the damn reg book :) must be the invisible corolla factor :P

it always starts with that :(

pretty much - they just assume that you've changed the colour and then go onto harass you <_< they check classics a helluva lot now as well :(

quite likely - in anything even remotely unusual or prone to be checked, its always best to have a copy of the book handy - make it easier to shake the cops off politely, whilst giving them the finger & doing :P ! (all of the last, in ones head of course! :lol: )