• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Of Maruti Second Hand

mudi269

Hi

What is the price of a used maruti 800 KA/ KB or KC car which has run about 25, 000 km ? I'm looking to buy a one. What are the things i should look at when buying the car ? (i mean inspect)

Can I ask what your budget is like? and any particular reason for looking specifically for a Maruti 800? Because IMO for the kind of money that even used 800s are going for these days, you can get a MUCH better car.

Yup bro if you dont have a specific reason go for better car.Normally the KBs and KC go between 8.5-9.5 lakhs.

Look for dents on the Frame,check the shocks,Belts,steering play and check Under carriage for scratches(Deep 1s) cause after some time corrosion will start from the places where the metal is exposed.

It would be difficult to find a well maintained Maruti 800.I mean in Mint condition.

You could go for a Toyota or Nissan for that price

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Dear Friends,

Thank you for the response. My budget is 8.5 lacks. What made me to opt for Maruti is its very economical and that i'm expecting most economical car due to my financial situ. In addition as Maruti KA/ KB cars, hopefully will be free from big repairs as those are quit new.

Please advice me if i'm wrong.

Yup bro u will not have quite big repairs but Maruti 800s are not comfy or safe(what all the people say).But they are economical and quite easy to drive in the city.And if you drive it within its limits its alryt.But it would be better if you go for a Jap car cause it will be more comfy,Safe and fun to drive.

................My budget is 8.5 lacks. What made me to opt for Maruti is its very economical and that i'm expecting most economical car due to my financial situ. In addition as Maruti KA/ KB cars, hopefully will be free from big repairs as those are quit new.................

Unless you are looking for an ultra-basic car with an almost trouble-free engine coupled with rock-bottom running costs (and overlooking its poor brakes), do not go for the Maruti 800.

You will start feeling 'fed up' of its spartan interiors, in no time.

Further it can be seen in used-car ads, that most second-hand Maruti 800s are over-priced. There are better options at those prices.

After all it is a 20+ year old Suzuki Alto [CA72(?)] made by using low quality Indian components to make it the world's cheapest car (in 2005).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you will find the following links (written in an Indian context, however) useful.

This link is about buying a used Maruti 800, and they recommend going for the 12-Valve, 5-speed model that came in 2001.

http://www.indiacar.com/buyusedtips/800_t_...n07%2Findex.htm

This article shows the truth about the "crystal light" model launched in 2005. (Maruti Suzuki has reverted to 6-Valve, 4-speed.)

http://www.indiacar.com/roadtest/roadtest_...une05/index.htm

Unless you are looking for an ultra-basic car with an almost trouble-free engine coupled with rock-bottom running costs (and overlooking its poor brakes), do not go for the Maruti 800.

You will start feeling 'fed up' of its spartan interiors, in no time.

Further it can be seen in used-car ads, that most second-hand Maruti 800s are over-priced. There are better options at those prices.

After all it is a 20+ year old Suzuki Alto [CA72(?)] made by using low quality Indian components to make it the world's cheapest car (in 2005).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you will find the following links (written in an Indian context, however) useful.

This link is about buying a used Maruti 800, and they recommend going for the 12-Valve, 5-speed model that came in 2001.

http://www.indiacar.com/buyusedtips/800_t_...n07%2Findex.htm

This article shows the truth about the "crystal light" model launched in 2005. (Maruti Suzuki has reverted to 6-Valve, 4-speed.)

http://www.indiacar.com/roadtest/roadtest_...une05/index.htm

Agree with u bro.The 2001 maruti is damn faster than the current 1.I think the 2001 model came fitted with a servo.If the new 800s brake disks are replaced with Altos ventilated disks and a servo is added it would be alryt but ive not come across a single car with this Mod.