• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ecu Remapping

Az

Whats your vehicle?

it is a Vios. I recently changed my tires to ones that are a bit wide and larger diameter, purely to enhance the ride comfort. Due to this, there is a difference in the speedometer reading. According to Nigel, this has a considerable impact on fuel economy since the ECU takes the speedometer reading into consideration when deciding on when to shift gears.

So, I was just thinking about whether the relevant entries in the ECU can be reset, in order to achieve better fuel economy. I may not necessarily do it, but just been thinking about it.

it is a Vios. I recently changed my tires to ones that are a bit wide and larger diameter, purely to enhance the ride comfort. Due to this, there is a difference in the speedometer reading. According to Nigel, this has a considerable impact on fuel economy since the ECU takes the speedometer reading into consideration when deciding on when to shift gears.

So, I was just thinking about whether the relevant entries in the ECU can be reset, in order to achieve better fuel economy. I may not necessarily do it, but just been thinking about it.

As fuzzo has mentioned, Zakie is good for this. Speak to Zakie and tell the story.

*Simple way to reset your ECU. Remove the battery terminal in over night and fix it in the morning, ECU will reset. But your case is different one. I think have to remap the ECU.

what size did you change your tires to?

Went from 175/65R14 to 185/70R14

According to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html the speedometer reading will be 5.4% slow. Can this have an adverse effect on fuel economy? I do add this percentage to the mileage when calculating the fuel economy. However, some say that this can cause the gear shifting to happen a bit late since the speed is not accurately detected.

Edited by Az

Went from 175/65R14 to 185/70R14

According to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html the speedometer reading will be 5.4% slow. Can this have an adverse effect on fuel economy? I do add this percentage to the mileage when calculating the fuel economy. However, some say that this can cause the gear shifting to happen a bit late since the speed is not accurately detected.

hmmm mate we changed our tyres in the vios from 175-65r14 to 185-65-r14.. No difference in anything.. :unsure: We've had it for about 4 months now... But then again ours is a manual.. might be the difference?? and also the profile is bigger in yours. went from 65 to 70.. hmmm.. Btw I heard Zackie is quite expensive though :( .. I wanted to get a new (2ND hand) ECU and if that works fine to get it remapped. But I heard Zackie charges 60k? :unsure::blink:

hmmm mate we changed our tyres in the vios from 175-65r14 to 185-65-r14.. No difference in anything.. :unsure: We've had it for about 4 months now... But then again ours is a manual.. might be the difference?? and also the profile is bigger in yours. went from 65 to 70.. hmmm.. Btw I heard Zackie is quite expensive though :( .. I wanted to get a new (2ND hand) ECU and if that works fine to get it remapped. But I heard Zackie charges 60k? :unsure::blink:

I heard 30k or even lesser? :unsure:

Edited by shanX

Yeah, went for a higher profile. Makes quite a difference on the pothole ridden Colombo roads. Hmm.... 60k is way too much. Does it take great effort to remap the ECU? Can somebody enlighten us on how ECU remapping is done? Perhaps, the HW or SW involved is costly.

i personnel y don't think it will make a difference in fuel by remapping.