• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Townace Kr42

JAFF

Question

13 answers to this question

In town best abt 8 kmpl - auto - no a/c - careful driving without harsh acceleration (no dash to the toilet :rolleyes: ) - avoid peek rush hour crawling traffic.

With a/c all the time, abt 7 or a little less.

Outstation 11 - 12 with uniform careful driving and within speed limits 60 - 70 :) - 2 - 3 ppl with no major load.

Overtake several container trucks or bowsers that are not keen on letting you pass - figure will be much less ;)

This is down south route.

On up country route, some have told me petrol guage comes down very fast, but dunno actual figures. :blink:

Similar figures I have got from different ppl i know who have kr42 too.

As I have seen mentioned in this forums by many experienced guys, petrol consumption will depend on the driving conditions to quite an extent i guess.

Edited by eyepea

In town best abt 8 kmpl - auto - no a/c - careful driving without harsh acceleration (no dash to the toilet :rolleyes: ) - avoid peek rush hour crawling traffic.

With a/c all the time, abt 7 or a little less.

Outstation 11 - 12 with uniform careful driving and within speed limits 60 - 70 :) - 2 - 3 ppl with no major load.

Overtake several container trucks or bowsers that are not keen on letting you pass - figure will be much less ;)

This is down south route.

On up country route, some have told me petrol guage comes down very fast, but dunno actual figures. :blink:

Similar figures I have got from different ppl i know who have kr42 too.

As I have seen mentioned in this forums by many experienced guys, petrol consumption will depend on the driving conditions to quite an extent i guess.

machan, how about the manula transmission?? b'coz im planning to go for a petrol manual one, anyway thanx for your reply

any other kr42 users to help me???

We had a KR41 couple of years back. 1.5 Auto. Did 6 Kmpl average and was mostly driven in the city and always with AC. There have been scary occasions where it was doing marginally less than 5kmpl as well in heavy traffic. Long distance it was giving about 8Kmpl. However, apart from that its a good vehicle.

We had a KR41 couple of years back. 1.5 Auto. Did 6 Kmpl average and was mostly driven in the city and always with AC. There have been scary occasions where it was doing marginally less than 5kmpl as well in heavy traffic. Long distance it was giving about 8Kmpl. However, apart from that its a good vehicle.

but i got know that kr41 doesn't have EFI, so i guess kr41's are not so fuel efficient

any other kr42 users to help me???

Hi JAFF,

I have a KR42 year 99 manual.

Does 8 - 10 depending on the road condition. It is the maximum you could expect from this with AC. :rolleyes:

But it is a good vehicle for home use. No much repairs.

I am happy with my van. :jumping-smiley-013:

Good luck

Thilak

yeaa kr42 of course a reliable good vehicle,if ur ok with its fuel consumption..their diesel engined ones are threre on top of the markets from years..manual kr42 does about 9 kmpl..as ThilakR says 10 maximum..so if u r hapy with that..make it urs!