• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Need To Find A Car

ThilakR

mmm... try to be a little more specific man... A car under 2m.. dats a wide range.. I think u sud really think and start da hunt with a really gud idea about what u want.. :lol: Gud luck...

Ado lucky dude you have finally started to post in the forum neda? c'mon man you can do better than that, 3 good friends of yours have Honda City, so why not recommend Honda City to him :angry-smiley-048:

was just kiddin, this guy ThilakR aint new to AL, i remeber him in the old forum, he has infact had a Honda City too :lol:

It will go further up by 3 rupees within couple of weeks. I'm sure it will ended up at 100 within this year.

Hmmmm ..... Better to have a bull cart.

Thilak

r u da ThilakR from da older forum in that case u must have owned a Honda City and know the car, and itz abt 1.8 now[below your budget], and you have mazda familia too in the 2mn. range

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ado lucky dude you have finally started to post in the forum neda? c'mon man you can do better than that, 3 good friends of yours have Honda City, so why not recommend Honda City to him :)

was just kiddin, this guy ThilakR aint new to AL, i remeber him in the old forum, he has infact had a Honda City too :P

r u da ThilakR from da older forum in that case u must have owned a Honda City and know the car, and itz abt 1.8 now[below your budget], and you have mazda familia too in the 2mn. range

Hey Isuru

You know all my history man. Yes. I had Honda city and now I'm using Mazda wagon 2001. It is a company car. I was not here couple of months.

This is for my brother man. He is looking for a car below 2m. So I now start hunting for a good car. I like that Honda city but I already sold it. Now again I am looking for one. How is the Liana? Mazda BJ5P? Fuel efficiency and etc? I'm sure you will help me.

BTW How about your city?

Thilak

true true bt there is a eg8 GT-**** with 17 inch alloys :) his name is Asanka, anyway cant argue abt Honda engines.. best in the west

He must have registered it recently. I saw an EG8 with english plates around Kolpetty yesterday. Is that the one ?

There are some good looking hondas in the autolanka classifieds as well, priced around 1 mil but 19- to 300- plates. But nadskit, if you are after plates, then better convince Gihans friend to sell :P

Hey Isuru

You know all my history man. Yes. I had Honda city and now I'm using Mazda wagon 2001. It is a company car. I was not here couple of months.

This is for my brother man. He is looking for a car below 2m. So I now start hunting for a good car. I like that Honda city but I already sold it. Now again I am looking for one. How is the Liana? Mazda BJ5P? Fuel efficiency and etc? I'm sure you will help me.

BTW How about your city?

Thilak

Well Liana must be better on fuel and the mazda is a good compromise too, but don't expect it to be as fuel eff. as others.

But why not recommend the Honda City to your brother too, i guess unreg. ones are going in the 17-18 range. don't be too concerned about VTEC vs. non VTEC that much, the horse power difference is a mere 10hp.

Looking into registered vehicles, i guess the Toyota Carina is a very good buy as a family car.

----

What about my city?

well I have been happily living with it all these time[did a brake pad replacement recently though], was considering buying Janak's vzr for a while, but am worried about the resale value of it in another couple of years or so...

Well Liana must be better on fuel and the mazda is a good compromise too, but don't expect it to be as fuel eff. as others.

But why not recommend the Honda City to your brother too, i guess unreg. ones are going in the 17-18 range. don't be too concerned about VTEC vs. non VTEC that much, the horse power difference is a mere 10hp.

Looking into registered vehicles, i guess the Toyota Carina is a very good buy as a family car.

----

What about my city?

well I have been happily living with it all these time[did a brake pad replacement recently though], was considering buying Janak's vzr for a while, but am worried about the resale value of it in another couple of years or so...

Yep. You are correct. I think the best option is the City. As we both City fans. My bro said he fund a nice City unreg. for 17.5. Not bad right?

I asked him to go fo it. Will let you know if we get it.

Thanks bro

very true...

these two are going at it like nothing :action-smiley-060:

though Dillon doesnt seem to be in that race....heheheee!!

either way, good work guys!

Dillon is supposed to cover the SL night shift. But anyway, he been in NY for the autoshow.

What do you guys think about Mitsubishi Lancer or Cedia?

As I'm looking for one I went to a few car sales in Nugegoda area to find the prices and stuff, but none of the car sales which I visited haven't got any of these, they said there is no demand for Lancer these days. Why is that?

Isn't Mitsu Lancer or Cedia a good reliable car?

They also said that these are cheaper than Corolla and Civic.

Any one knows much about Lancer here? Is it advisable to go for Lancer or Cedia?

BTW my budget is around 1.7-1.9 million. Thanks in advance guys..

As I'm looking for one I went to a few car sales in Nugegoda area to find the prices and stuff, but none of the car sales which I visited haven't got any of these, they said there is no demand for Lancer these days. Why is that?

Any one knows much about Lancer here? Is it advisable to go for Lancer or Cedia?

I heard that Lancers made for japanese market is better than that for asian market. so best thing is to get a japan recon one. One of my frnds has a 99 lancer MX (tiptronic) very nice intrerior and good pulling power aswell.. but it does like 6km/L.. :action-smiley-060:

cheers

Questions about lancers, u might wanna talk to Velocity. (Or mivec)

I guess GDI is the killer for lancers,

if u want details about cedia/lancer

http://www.autozine.org/html/Mitsubishi/Lancer.html

GDI is killer, if u dont run the correct petrol, and the consequence could be that u simply have to replace the engine...

then there's a scarcity of spares for mitsubishi's[would not be an issue for new cars though] and the mitsubishi company in japan is running huge losses and it has been at the mercy of mighty mitsubishi group to avoid collapse, so thatz why lancers are less expensive, trust me when it comes to "practical cars" Sri Lankan market is very very mature.

simply put it if u r willin to take the risk of GDI failure, then cedia is a bang on the buck definitely.

Yep. You are correct. I think the best option is the City. As we both City fans. My bro said he fund a nice City unreg. for 17.5. Not bad right?

I asked him to go fo it. Will let you know if we get it.

Thanks bro

Machan you better check out the 1.6L ford laser too, suppose to be pretty fast and elegant, but i have serious doubts about such a ride's maitainability.

Having used the city longer than u have let me put a list of pro's and cons' of the city.

Pros

-----

* fuel efficiency

* my experience is that it is definitely faster than most economy rides in SL, i guess the challenge comes only from Honda Civic Vti, 1.6L DOHC mazda 323 and perhaps the ford laser.

* loads of accessories, leather seats, orginal alloys, all 4 disk brakes, dual mufler tips, cd players etc.

* is a fairly stable car on high speeds and on curves

* despite expensive parts, parts are not at all scarce, stafford has loads of parts for our(2000-2002) model

Cons

------

* duplicate parts do not fit in at all, Honda City is a very very sensitive car, u treat it right u definitely get the goods, if u don't, be ready to repair often.

* bad job with noice reduction on bumpy roads

* lack of torque when extra weight is put on the car, the car pulls good with 4 well grown adults, put in an extra well grown adult and u definitely feel the lack of torque

* interior materials, apart from the leather seats are cheap.

* not as comfortable as a corolla, carina, civic range

honda city is ideal for someone who can't afford a civic, only thing is if u own a honda u should have excess cash to do maiatanenece properly, never go for a honda if u have very tight budget.

true can't remember seen lancers or cedias in carsales. it was the same scenario with civics few years(4-5 years) ago.

what is the story with gdi? lots of mitsu's in SL are gdi and they all seem to be running ok. i know about 10 gdi mitsu's and only 1 had a problem wiht hte gdi pump.

can someone shed some light on it.

same here all the Mitu SUVs come with GDI but never heard of any major problems but heard of lot of warnings from experts. i too have heard of few cases of faulty pumps, both petrol and gdi.

what is the story with gdi? lots of mitsu's in SL are gdi and they all seem to be running ok. i know about 10 gdi mitsu's and only 1 had a problem wiht hte gdi pump.

can someone shed some light on it.

well i guess itz matter of chance + bad petrol, my uncle is an expert on the GDI issues, i'll get some info from him and post in a couple of weeks, hopefully if i understand what he explains me :action-smiley-060:

but one thing is for sure, the way some cars[common cars] are highly demanded and some are not is pretty logical, for instance Nissan Cefiro which is a hot cake all around the world(i guess), isn't so highly demanded in SL, i was always puzzled as to why, but then i got to know that there is a reason why?

but one thing is for sure, the way some cars[common cars] are highly demanded and some are not is pretty logical, for instance Nissan Cefiro which is a hot cake all around the world(i guess), isn't so highly demanded in SL, i was always puzzled as to why, but then i got to know that there is a reason why?

whats the reason????????????????????