• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Need To Find A Car

ThilakR

whats the reason????????????????????

okey plz don't ask me a in depth details, because i put the words staright out of my uncles mouth....

(if u ask i can talk to my uncle and then reply later not immediately)

two reasons,

1) the fact that sensors are located inside or outside the engine compartment has an effect on the health of sensors(i guess "due" factor plays a role here), the reason why most N16's and cars like that have this so called sensor issue is because of this placement, from what i heard cefiro is also somewhat suceptible to prob.

[the point remains that if any sensor is exposed to water they burn, but some engines are more suceptible than others]

2) If cefiro engine is subjected to overheating, a simple gasket replacement wont' do the trick, according to my uncle SL lack the infrastructure to do the such repair to the cefiro 2L V6 engine block.[now this fact was not clear to me but i gather him concluding that overheating a cefiro engine means biig biiig trouble than overheating some other engine]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You very much for your advice Guys, much appreciated..... :rolleyes:

Mmmm... gonna get rid of the idea of going for a Lancer or Cedia.. :rolleyes:

I like those cars man, stylish and uncommon... :rolleyes:

Thank You very much for your advice Guys, much appreciated..... :rolleyes:

Mmmm... gonna get rid of the idea of going for a Lancer or Cedia.. :rolleyes:

I like those cars man, stylish and uncommon... :rolleyes:

i hate runing ppl's mood wit GDI stories, once a good friend of mine was just about to buy an orginal evo kitted black cedia, then i approached him and had to tell the gdi story and prevent him buy it.

[mind u cedia is still a good buy, just a metter of whether u r willin to take the risk or not]

good news is he now owns nive black es3 civic vti

i hate runing ppl's mood wit GDI stories, once a good friend of mine was just about to buy an orginal evo kitted black cedia, then i approached him and had to tell the gdi story and prevent him buy it.

[mind u cedia is still a good buy, just a metter of whether u r willin to take the risk or not]

good news is he now owns nive black es3 civic vti

OK, If I have to face that risk, How much would it cost?

okey plz don't ask me a in depth details, because i put the words staright out of my uncles mouth....

(if u ask i can talk to my uncle and then reply later not immediately)

two reasons,

1) the fact that sensors are located inside or outside the engine compartment has an effect on the health of sensors(i guess "due" factor plays a role here), the reason why most N16's and cars like that have this so called sensor issue is because of this placement, from what i heard cefiro is also somewhat suceptible to prob.

[the point remains that if any sensor is exposed to water they burn, but some engines are more suceptible than others]

2) If cefiro engine is subjected to overheating, a simple gasket replacement wont' do the trick, according to my uncle SL lack the infrastructure to do the such repair to the cefiro 2L V6 engine block.[now this fact was not clear to me but i gather him concluding that overheating a cefiro engine means biig biiig trouble than overheating some other engine]

it wudnt b a problem if the owners had sum sense not to wash an engine...

the cefiro engines run very hot invariably...the most probable cause for over heating is a f**kd water pump or thermostat...or both...

it wudnt b a problem if the owners had sum sense not to wash an engine...

quite a few that i know, hardly know wotz going on inside the service station, most just leave the service station personnel decide what to wit da service the so the service station guys invariably try to do as much cleaning/washing as possible. certain SL aren't all that concerned about the technical details of their cars or pay much attention to mantaining, which is why so called HARDY vehicles that can be hacked and still be used somewhat reliably are hot cakes in SL.

the cefiro engines run very hot invariably...the most probable cause for over heating is a f**kd water pump or thermostat...or both...

I wonder how many of our drivers keep a track of the temperature gauge in the car in normal daily driving, while climbing uphill to kandy or nuware eliya how many over-heated vehicles would u ideally see, overheating can happen out of the blue on any car, due to any random reason as a electric failure in the fan etc. etc.

OK, If I have to face that risk, How much would it cost?

I assume by the phrase "How much would it cost?" u mean how much the extra risk might cost you, well even a replaced engine might not cost you any more than a couple of lakhs. so if u are in such love for the car, u should go ahead and buy the vehicle, just keep in mind that outside colombo 95 octane petrol is very very very rare, so if u r running a GDI and u go out of colombo often, best thing is to know how to create high octane petrol all by your self... now there's plenty of AL members who can advice you on how to do that ur self...

I wonder how many of our drivers keep a track of the temperature gauge in the car in normal daily driving, while climbing uphill to kandy or nuware eliya how many over-heated vehicles would u ideally see, overheating can happen out of the blue on any car, due to any random reason as a electric failure in the fan etc. etc.

a fan knockin off is an openly visible fault...can happen to any car n cefiro's are not prone to these faults out of the factory...i dnt knw abt the 2000 model n beyond...totaly diffrnt engines