• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem The Air Con

jehan80

Hi folks,

Appreciate if you guys could help me on the following matter.

Suddenly the AC on my vios started acting up. Since yesterday at times Only the blower seems to work and no cold air. Sometimes the cold would just switch on and off. If you have any experience of having a similar prob or know a gd joint to get it looked at, pls let me knw.

Thanks a mil!

Best Regards

first see if its an electrical issue.. See if the AC compressor engages. If if it does most likely problem is a blown fuse. If the Compressor does engage it could be a gas leak.

Simplest way to see if the compressor does NOT engage is to see if th e"AC" light comes on (not sure on vios setup and if it has a light). Else look under the hood and there's something like a disk thats on the outside of the pulley. If the Compressor is engaging the disk should also be rotating with the engine.

There have been quite a few threads on AC repair joint recommendations, so u can just google it :)

Thanks for the replies. I did do a google search, bt didnt get good results. Guess the term AC is too common and returned lots of incorrect results :action-smiley-060:

A couple of ppl suggested a place in nugegoda called atco or pala. I'll decide on one in the weekend... :unsure:

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Mmm...as i've stated above...

p*l* = pala auto :unsure:

P*l* is not exactly the easiest thing to decipher y'know... not like Pala is a place that is regularly referred to in the forum ne, So nobody could figure out what the place was, hence the question.

P*l* is not exactly the easiest thing to decipher y'know... not like Pala is a place that is regularly referred to in the forum ne, So nobody could figure out what the place was, hence the question.

Ya, you have a point about not being easy to decipher if taken in isolation. But the reason i didn't think much of it is because i've mentioned it in this same thread saying i may go there. But your point is taken.

I definitely disagree about about pala not being regularly referred though. Most of the threads that involve a electrical issue will mention the place. That's how i got to know of the place as well! :)

Edited by jehan80