• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cops Got Some Reason To Fine

Sumiya

Question

Hi Guys

I was coming down from up country,cop fined me for Not Showing Revenue License on the windscreen,

i don't know how these guys can see something wrong and fine , worse case is that i want to go up again to get my DL

we always see Dirty cops with Bribery faces on the road everywhere , but better to pay a fine rather than giving them money

Thanks

regards

Sumith

18 answers to this question

Yes dude

Vehicle was serviced day before , i forgot to paste it again

Thanks

Regards

Sumith

Why would you need to remove it when servicing? Havn't you pasted it in the inside??? :unsure:

Anyway...dont think you can complain about getting copped for that IMO.

Yes dude

Vehicle was serviced day before , i forgot to paste it again

Thanks

Regards

Sumith

i too was once stopped on route to habarana... did;t want to put the license up cos it looked pretty fugly.... there seems to be so many fancy cars driving about without these and without any issues...

i've hardly notice the license pasted on bimmers, mercs, jags and the likes.... but they don't seem to be having any issues :)

anyways...when i was stopped...didn't bother to argue with the copper and managed to sweet talk my way out of a ticket :)

but i did a stop at the fist photocopy joint and got the damn thing pasted on the windshield...

I was once copped along green path (where the usual check point is), and i had a revenue licence which expired about a month back. I gave him the licence and insurance and he realised this fact after some time. He then had this huge explanation as to how i will have to go to court since there are no spot fines and that how we should try and resolve it. I knew this bugger wanted a bribe and had only 100 LKR in my wallet. So finally he kept my ID until i went to withdraw money to pay the "bribe".

Once i got back he was like, "why have you left your ID? its not advisable to do so." I played along and said "ya my mistake, any way can i have it" and extended my hand with the cash hidden in it. He then took the money and returned the ID. At that exact moment a police jeep with the OIC was coming towards us and they were in a such a rush to get me out of there... :angry-smiley-048:

These were not traffic cops! could normal cops fine you for this? and is it true that there is not spot fine?

Plastic revenue licence holders priced at Rs 75 are sold at Sun L@nka.

Make use of it.Dont let dirty cops take away your hard earned money.

MINIACE

adey thanks mate :)

that's super......makes cleaning the inside of the windshield a whole lot easier :)

I was once copped along green path (where the usual check point is), and i had a revenue licence which expired about a month back. I gave him the licence and insurance and he realised this fact after some time. He then had this huge explanation as to how i will have to go to court since there are no spot fines and that how we should try and resolve it. I knew this bugger wanted a bribe and had only 100 LKR in my wallet. So finally he kept my ID until i went to withdraw money to pay the "bribe".

Once i got back he was like, "why have you left your ID? its not advisable to do so." I played along and said "ya my mistake, any way can i have it" and extended my hand with the cash hidden in it. He then took the money and returned the ID. At that exact moment a police jeep with the OIC was coming towards us and they were in a such a rush to get me out of there... :angry-smiley-048:

These were not traffic cops! could normal cops fine you for this? and is it true that there is not spot fine?

Damn, the same thing happened to me and it was 150/= :blink:

vehicle had a copy of the old license on the windscreen, so this normal cop at a check point told that either i have to give them them the driving license or wait till a traffic cop comes along so that i could get a fine ticket.

So could normal cops look into traffic cop issues??

Damn, the same thing happened to me and it was 150/= :blink:

vehicle had a copy of the old license on the windscreen, so this normal cop at a check point told that either i have to give them them the driving license or wait till a traffic cop comes along so that i could get a fine ticket.

So could normal cops look into traffic cop issues??

As far as I know normal cops cannot fine you for traffic offenses. Same thing happened to a friend of mine recently, however he managed to talk his way out of it (and was aware that it wasn't a traffic cop anyway). It would be worth looking into this though.

And high time they updated the round license to some sort of rectangular sticker as in the rest of the world. Easier to spot at a distance also

Wow. .

I came across this too. . . had the Photocopy in my hands :( ,

but did not have Tape, n 4got 2 buy on the way 2 de Hill Capital. :action-smiley-060:

Once de C*P'z saw a set of boyzz in the v*n, u knw de usualz ***....

the Worst part wz it wazz a SunDay. . n fined Rs.1***/=, for shit. I had 2 go all the way Up to get my D.L, spoiled de whole morale of the trip :blink::(

Wow. .

I came across this too. . . had the Photocopy in my hands :( ,

but did not have Tape, n 4got 2 buy on the way 2 de Hill Capital. :action-smiley-060:

Once de C*P'z saw a set of boyzz in the v*n, u knw de usualz ***....

the Worst part wz it wazz a SunDay. . n fined Rs.1***/=, for shit. I had 2 go all the way Up to get my D.L, spoiled de whole morale of the trip :blink::(

Talk about crappy typing... Dude, contrary to what you may believe, using 'z's, or using *s or capitals in mid-sentence doesn't make you sound cool. And your post made no sense (at least to me). It may flow in other forums, but we try to stick to standardized english.

:)

Talk about crappy typing... Dude, contrary to what you may believe, using 'z's, or using *s or capitals in mid-sentence doesn't make you sound cool. And your post made no sense (at least to me). It may flow in other forums, but we try to stick to standardized english.

Looks like this guy belongs to the latest SMS generation, probably 15-16 yrs or even younger. Thinks this type of crappy spelling is very cool. Perhaps he is just going through a phase in life :)

Agreed 100% Dilesh :rolleyes:

Ok Ok well I would not use 'em after this kay. . SORRY :D