• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering Wheel Alignment

rangerover

Guys,

My steering is slightly off center by around 1-2cm to the right. I got the car wheels aligned but still for the car to go straight, the steering needs to be tilted towards the right. And its not like i have to do it, but the positioning automatically happends to this tilted position.

How can i realign my steering? given my hand placement during driving, i find it very annoying. Any recommended place?

P.S. Steering includes and airbag

i had my steering wheel tilted slightly to the right(about 1 o'clock position) on me honda by a auto electric shop(when on a routine checkup of the electronics)...i like it that way...unfortunately i do not know the procedure because i was not present while it was done...but it aint a biggie,should be a pretty straight forward job afaik :)

Edited by MasterDon

Guys,

My steering is slightly off center by around 1-2cm to the right. I got the car wheels aligned but still for the car to go straight, the steering needs to be tilted towards the right. And its not like i have to do it, but the positioning automatically happends to this tilted position.

How can i realign my steering? given my hand placement during driving, i find it very annoying. Any recommended place?

P.S. Steering includes and airbag

Any reputed wheel alignment place will do that. make sure you removed battery terminals when you work around Airbag related area, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks. Will try and get it done within today..

Let us know how it goes, a friend of mine has a similar problem but that happened after he hit a curb by turning too aggressively. Bent his inner tied rod and the bushings on that had to be replaced as well. No big deal to fix but I was told that's also a common cause for your symptom. If you didn't hit anything though could have been caused by our king sized potholes.

I got it done at auto miraj whilst getting an oil flush. But now its 1-2cm towards the other side. They shifted a tick too much. Need to get it re adjusted, and drive and test it. It happended after toyota l*nka removed it to check a noise coming from the steering and not fixing it right (noise happened to be the eps motor)..

Would any garage be able to do it? they just disconnected the battery, removed the air bag, loosened the steering nut and moved it a tick or two!