• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cpc And Lioc Petrol Prices Come Down

SeanD

Election gimmicks or reality? You decide:

The Ceylon Petroleum Corporation and Lanka Indian Oil Corporation announced that the price of petrol will be reduced with effect from midnight tonight. Accordingly the price of a litre of 90 Octane petrol will be sold at Rs. 115 and 95 Octane petrol at Rs. 133 a litre. The price of diesel will remain unchanged.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=72023

its all for elections! Nobody cnt fool people by these kinda things coz we need a free market float for fuel prices! Bdw there is rumour going that the govt is gonna reduce the vehicle duty to 100%, any idea?

The govt has appointed a committee to revise their crazy tax schemes. Possibly it's an outcome of that.

Election gimmicks or reality? You decide:

The Ceylon Petroleum Corporation and Lanka Indian Oil Corporation announced that the price of petrol will be reduced with effect from midnight tonight. Accordingly the price of a litre of 90 Octane petrol will be sold at Rs. 115 and 95 Octane petrol at Rs. 133 a litre. The price of diesel will remain unchanged.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=72023

Ok... so they can say good bye to the votes from the Diesel vehicle users..! :lol:

Ok... so they can say good bye to the votes from the Diesel vehicle users..! :lol:

They must have forgotten that buses and heavy vehicles pretty much all run on diesel, and anybody who uses a bus at any time is at least indirectly affected by this.

They must have forgotten that buses and heavy vehicles pretty much all run on diesel, and anybody who uses a bus at any time is at least indirectly affected by this.

Doubt the bus owners unions would agree to reduce fares even if the prices do go down.

most probably waiting till the election day to get closer to reduce diesel as that has the most impact on most people

Reducing diesel early is more to their advantage, coz it takes some time from the transport cost coming down to have an effect on prices of goods.

Election gundus. this is Banana Republic...

Election gundu perhaps, but its not amusing to call ones own country, A Banana Republic. Some of us have to STOP peeing up wind, mate. Good or bad, developed or not, this is ours.

Edited by VVTi

Election gundu perhaps, but its not amusing to call ones own country, A Banana Republic. Some of us have to STOP peeing up wind, mate. Good or bad, developed or not, this is ours.

+1

Correct. I don't think he meant anything malicious by his post, but the sooner we all stop acting like SL sucks and the only solution is to run off to the West (while at the same time cursing the West for interfering in our business) the sooner the country can get on track to develop. Otherwise in the end the country will be totally overrun by idiots and then we WILL be a Banana Republic, but due to our own fault for blaming others and running away from problems

I went off to the West for studies almost 5 years ago, and I have still no desire to stay there. I will be returning to SL for good in about 6 months, and will try and do my part to help her on her way. Will I be successful? Not on my own obviously, but I don't ever want to say I didn't try.

You mean to say that these things don't happen in say.. errr that bastion of Democracy and Human Rights, US of A? England? Australia? Are they 100% peaceful nations?

Come on, mate.

You put in a 2 groups of people who believes strongly in their version of things and put them together, they will fight. Regardless of them being Sri Lankans or not.

hmmm i dunno for sure...but i was at the kiribathgoda town this afternoon coming home when all hell broke loose...it sure looked like we live in a banana republic then...

democracy???...i think not!

Let me put this in my own take on VVTi's post above- the more and more people that are out there with lack of education (maybe due to no fault of their own) and increasing frustration, while those who are in a position to do something about it only complain/go abroad/do nothing due to their not taking collective action(I am not suggesting it is anyone on this site btw, this is just a general observation), the more such incidents will occur. Even in the USA, UK, Australia, what have you, there is plenty of violence, and you will almost always find that the violence is being caused by the same sort of people.

Which leads me to wonder, why is it that only idiots end up armed and dangerous? How about we start to fight fire with fire... :D hmmm...

You mean to say that these things don't happen in say.. errr that bastion of Democracy and Human Rights, US of A? England? Australia? Are they 100% peaceful nations?

Come on, mate.

You put in a 2 groups of people who believes strongly in their version of things and put them together, they will fight. Regardless of them being Sri Lankans or not.

oh my god!!!...are you for real...do you honestly think this was clash between people with differant opinions??...watch the news mate,because even the heavily influenced media were reporting that this was a attack on some united opposition members by heavily armed THUGS...yes thugs who were waiting for them to arrive to beat the shit outta them...differant opinions my ass!

but the army blokes put a stop to that...heehee

nevertheless it is clear who organized this attack...and the leaders persist with this guy(who was not even elected) holding a valuable ministerial post despite various misconducts...would that happen in a truly free country?

yes i too would like to pretend that everything is nice and dandy...but clearly it's not

Edited by MasterDon

oh my god!!!...are you for real...do you honestly think this was clash between people with differant opinions??...watch the news mate,because even the heavily influenced media were reporting that this was a attack on some united opposition members by heavily armed THUGS...yes thugs who were waiting for them to arrive to beat the shit outta them...differant opinions my ass!

nevertheless it is clear who organized this attack...and the leaders persist with this guy(who was not even elected) holding a valuable ministerial post despite various misconducts...would that happen in a truly free country?

yes i too would like to pretend that everything is nice and dandy...but clearly it's not

dam it MDon you left me with nothing to say

are you suggesting just because 'this is ours' we can't criticize the way things take place??? phrases like banana republic, land like no other, etc are used to refer to the administration of this country. i'm sure many individuals on many occasion who have used these very phrases in this very same platform had no intention of insulting the rich history or the culture of this nation. instead of been ashamed of people who use such phrases to describe the sorry state of this country we should be ashamed of what this country has become/turned into.

yes developed countries may not be 100% peaceful but atleast its people have the basic human rights. they don't get abducted, beaten up and labeled as traitors just because they don't agree/support ones vision.

are you suggesting just because 'this is ours' we can't criticize the way things take place??? phrases like banana republic, land like no other, etc are used to refer to the administration of this country. i'm sure many individuals on many occasion who have used these very phrases in this very same platform had no intention of insulting the rich history or the culture of this nation. instead of been ashamed of people who use such phrases to describe the sorry state of this country we should be ashamed of what this country has become/turned into.

yes developed countries may not be 100% peaceful but atleast its people have the basic human rights. they don't get abducted, beaten up and labeled as traitors just because they don't agree/support ones vision.

But what is the use of people who just say things like this online, to people who already know/agree with that viewpoint. Why are we (as intelligent, thinking people) so unable to take on these idiots with the braincells of a flea? This is not how great nations were formed, they were formed one way or another by those who were tired of simply talking among themselves.

My apologies if I insulted you above average sensibilities in this matter. The clash was in effect due to difference in sensibilities. If you look beyond the chandiyas brandisihing udalu mitawal, you will see the core issue IS the difference of opinions and the greed for power. Mainly the good Doctor who has a lot to lose should they lose this time.

The poor losers who actually got involved with the fights are just the scapegoats and the tools for these people.

But then you seem to have a good grasp of whats going on here.

Again, my apologies. I think I am indeed living in a country much different to yours.. :)

You are just quoting the standard slogan for all those who Hate Sri Lanka mate, 'HR abuse, abductions, betrayals, ect ect'... come up with another one please.

Regardless of what is happening, if we ourselves start being ashamed of our own country, who will be left to fix her? The Indians? The change we seek starts from ourselves. And that change involves not criticizing our own country in public. This website is global, what we say here is read by thousands of people who are not from this country. The time has started to start severe damage control and patching up of our image, calling it nakmes in public is not teh way to start, mate. Do it at home when you are all alone with your family and friends, but not in a public forum.