• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cpc And Lioc Petrol Prices Come Down

SeanD

You are just quoting the standard slogan for all those who Hate Sri Lanka mate, 'HR abuse, abductions, betrayals, ect ect'... come up with another one please.

Regardless of what is happening, if we ourselves start being ashamed of our own country, who will be left to fix her? The Indians? The change we seek starts from ourselves. And that change involves not criticizing our own country in public. This website is global, what we say here is read by thousands of people who are not from this country. The time has started to start severe damage control and patching up of our image, calling it nakmes in public is not teh way to start, mate. Do it at home when you are all alone with your family and friends, but not in a public forum.

you call critisizing the wrong "hate"...actually you will find its exactly the other way around,rather than remain oblivious to every abuse of power and money around you,some people take a stand...that is not hate(or treason)...

i agree the country's reputation will take a hit...but if the outcome is a better local society,so be it

BTW below is an excerpt from wikipedia's banana republic page...don't you think that almost all the points hit a little too close to SL

Banana republic is a pejorative term for a country that is politically unstable, dependent on limited agriculture (e.g. bananas), and ruled by a small, self-elected, wealthy, and corrupt clique

Features of a banana republic

A collusion between the overweening state and certain favored monopolistic concerns, whereby the profits can be privatized and the debts socialized.

Devalued paper currency in the international community.

Kleptocracy -- those in positions of influence use their time in office to maximize their own gains, always ensuring that any shortfall is made up by those unfortunates whose daily life involves earning money rather than making it.

There must be no principle of accountability within the government so that the political corruption by which the banana republic operates is left unchecked. The members of the national legislature will be (a) largely for sale and (B) consulted only for ceremonial and rubber-stamp purposes some time after all the truly important decisions have already been made elsewhere.

...a money class fleeces the banking system while the very trunk of the national tree is permitted to rot and crash...

You are just quoting the standard slogan for all those who Hate Sri Lanka mate, 'HR abuse, abductions, betrayals, ect ect'... come up with another one please.

Regardless of what is happening, if we ourselves start being ashamed of our own country, who will be left to fix her? The Indians? The change we seek starts from ourselves. And that change involves not criticizing our own country in public. This website is global, what we say here is read by thousands of people who are not from this country. The time has started to start severe damage control and patching up of our image, calling it nakmes in public is not teh way to start, mate. Do it at home when you are all alone with your family and friends, but not in a public forum.

Not quite in agreement mate. Look, leaving aside the question of whether this is a suitable forum, we can look at it like this.

I think everyone agrees there is something that needs fixing. Even you say who will be left to fix. So it is the fix itself that is the question. In order to figure out what the fix is, that comes from getting information about the problem. Only once the problem areas are identified can the fix be applied. And change has to be supported by the masses (its a democracy after all, not an oligarchy. At least in theory). In order for the public to support the fix, they need to be educated. That education is carried out via public and news forums (TV, Radio, Papers, online).

Now, is THIS (AL) the proper forum? I don't know. I don't think so. Despite the OT, it is still a motoring forum.

I wonder if we can nominate write in candidates. I hear Mickey Mouse gets quite a number of votes at US elections. I nominate Clarkson. :)

My apologies if I insulted you above average sensibilities in this matter. The clash was in effect due to difference in sensibilities. If you look beyond the chandiyas brandisihing udalu mitawal, you will see the core issue IS the difference of opinions and the greed for power. Mainly the good Doctor who has a lot to lose should they lose this time.

The poor losers who actually got involved with the fights are just the scapegoats and the tools for these people.

But then you seem to have a good grasp of whats going on here.

Again, my apologies. I think I am indeed living in a country much different to yours.. :)

So are you saying my friend that HR abuses, abductions etc are just slogans created out of thin air by agents of an international conspiracy to tarnish the image of the country and its rulers? or are you saying Yes we know about it, there's nothing we can do about it so lets just sweep it under the carpet, lets turn a blind eye cause nothing of that sort has been experienced by me or anyone i know?

If you think we are damaging the good name of this country by calling it names in 'this' global forum then what about the damage caused legitimate news articles published by world renowned news portals? oh yes forgot its a conspiracy and everyone believes that theory.

My view is been ashamed of something is the first step of realizing that something's wrong. But the key is to accept it and to atleast try to undo the damage not to reject/forget the fact there's something wrong.

My apologies mates. I will now go slit my wrists in shame for being born a Sri Lankan. Since being ashamed is the first step towards being a better country.

If I survive the ordeal I will do something fruitful for my country.

Mea Culpa.

:action-smiley-060:

So are you saying my friend that HR abuses, abductions etc are just slogans created out of thin air by agents of an international conspiracy to tarnish the image of the country and its rulers? or are you saying Yes we know about it, there's nothing we can do about it so lets just sweep it under the carpet, lets turn a blind eye cause nothing of that sort has been experienced by me or anyone i know?

If you think we are damaging the good name of this country by calling it names in 'this' global forum then what about the damage caused legitimate news articles published by world renowned news portals? oh yes forgot its a conspiracy and everyone believes that theory.

My view is been ashamed of something is the first step of realizing that something's wrong. But the key is to accept it and to atleast try to undo the damage not to reject/forget the fact there's something wrong.

This is a good point, But I feel I have to point out that EVERY SINGLE POST you have ever made is of the "This country is finished, we're all going to hell in a handbasket" variety and nothing more. for people to start believeing in change there has to also be the belief that change will serve a purpose. When there are blokes like you around who shout from the rooftops for change but at the same time keep condemning the country to eternal damnation, There isnt a lot of hope of that.

It isnt the fault of sri lanka as a country that we have a moronic despot and his gang of thugs for a president, just the fault of the asses who voted him in there.

It isnt the fault of sri lanka as a country that we have a moronic despot and his gang of thugs for a president, just the fault of the asses who voted him in there.

If i am not mistaken people did not vote for him from entire colombo he got only 3000 votes and he came to parliment from "national list".

And there is a saying "Hama dama dakina kukulage Karamala Suduy".. this is what happened now.. the thug now turned in to be a Hero ... and now he is becoming famous as staright forward guy "kelin katha karana.. yakektawath baya nathi".. And now he is in reality TV programs and people see him as cool dude.

So people forget the bad side of him.. trust me in 10 years time he will be a very good citizen. But his shadow will not change (thugs, corruption, abuse,etc,etc)

it's the same story with our Top citizen to down..

I wonder how the petrol prices came down of a sudden when they earlier refused to reduce accordance to an accepted formula ordered by the highest judiciary, the Supreme Court of Sri-Lanka. The truth of the matter my friend is that this reduction is seasonal and you all know what it is for.

This is a good point, But I feel I have to point out that EVERY SINGLE POST you have ever made is of the "This country is finished, we're all going to hell in a handbasket" variety and nothing more. for people to start believeing in change there has to also be the belief that change will serve a purpose. When there are blokes like you around who shout from the rooftops for change but at the same time keep condemning the country to eternal damnation, There isnt a lot of hope of that.

+1

something i too have noticed for quite a long time :)

I wonder how the petrol prices came down of a sudden when they earlier refused to reduce accordance to an accepted formula ordered by the highest judiciary, the Supreme Court of Sri-Lanka. The truth of the matter my friend is that this reduction is seasonal and you all know what it is for.

+1

When have i ever disagree with that statement? Most of my political posts are aimed at criticizing the current regime and its administration. For example we all moan about the high taxation, is it your fault? was it your idea to increase it? or is it the custom officers fault? No, its the guy or the group of guys who made the rules at fault. and it is them I'm criticizing it is them i'm pointing finger at.

I for one is shouting for a change in the administration of this country. Is that the correct path i don't know but that's what i believe in.

When have i ever said this country is doomed lets make a run for it? if that's the message you've been getting out of my posts then i have truly failed because that was not my intention.