• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wp Revenue License Online From Today

SeanD

Title says it all:

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=72076

It's about time. Hopefully they will also change the ugly format of our huge revenue license, and make it a small rectangular sticker you can stick on instead.

Looks like the department of motor traffic is trying to get it's act together. I'm very impressed with the look of the new driving license, and the speed you're able to get it.

PS- The press release would like for you to note that this is yet another good work under the Chinthanaya...

Edited by SeanD

This is good news. Even the currently practices drive thru facility is quite good. Also note that you necessarily don't have to stick the same sized copy on your windshield. I have reduced the size to 60%, and pasted a smaller version.. :D

Any update on this? also does the revenue licence renewal section accept credit cards?

The article doesn't say, however, it gives the link you need to go to. Just look around and see. They probably accept credit cars in the online portal, or will soon.

they've just put up the site but no functionality yet.. http://itd.slida.lk/vehicle/

guys it is working .. i guess..

you have to goto http://www.srilanka.lk and get your self registered as a user. Then you can "Add Services" Below is whats available to you

Online Vehicle Revenue Licence Renewal Service

Please read the following before using this service

Welcome to the Online Vehicle Revenue Licence Renewal Service. This service is only available for vehicles registered in the Western Province.

You may renew your revenue licence for Motor cars, Motor cycles, Dual purpose vehicles, Land vehicles, Three wheelers, Motor car A-Z online using this service.

For all other vehicles, you can visit any Western Province Divisional Secretariat that is convenient for you to obtain your revenue licence.

Before you process your application online, please ensure that you have a valid Insurance Certificate and Vehicle Emission Test Certificate from any of the supported companies listed below.

Insurance company:

SL I******* Corporation, c******o Insurance PLC, j********i Insurance, Eagle Insurance, UA (Union Assurance), HNB Assurance PLC

Vehicle Emission Test company:

Clean Co Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, Laugfs Eco Sri (Pvt) Ltd

A convenience fee will be charged for using this service.

Please click `Renew Licence´ to renew your vehicle revenue licence or click `Check Status´ to check the status of your online renewal.

and how do they check/verify if u have a proper insurance and emissions test?

You can check (After entering Registration No,Previous Licence No & Chasis No) the above status by varifying from mentioned Companies through Web Services before proceed with the payment.

The Payments can be made via major credit cards and a draft copy of receipt will be issued online (to be printed).

The Original Certificate will be posted to relevant address.

Guys,

My car revenue licence still states the previous owners name. Even though the car has been transfered to my name when i purchased it 2 months ago. Do u reckon i can still use this service? if not how do i change the revenue licence to my name? Mine is up for renewal this month

Rgds

Tried this today.. it works fine.. but the only issues is that, once you get the Green test done (at either Laughfs or the other) they send a list of such vehicles to the RMV, and this on-line data base is updated. Problem is that this list of vehicles reach the RMV only once a week.

So, you gotta wait for a week after your Green test, to do the license. :P

Tried this today.. it works fine.. but the only issues is that, once you get the Green test done (at either Laughfs or the other) they send a list of such vehicles to the RMV, and this on-line data base is updated. Problem is that this list of vehicles reach the RMV only once a week.

So, you gotta wait for a week after your Green test, to do the license. :P

This would be a good opportunity for us to make a suggestion that they set up some sort of database that third party testing clients like Laughfs can instantly log in to and update (with appropriate security measures of course), so that you don't need to wait for a week. That would also get more people to switch to the online method, which would ease up any congestion experienced by those who cannot/prefer not to do it online. Hopefully, they will make some sort of move like that soon. It seems to be very hard to give public feedback to any individual entity in Sri Lanka, for feedback forms are not in their vocabulary/are never actually looked at.

wow, this really works eh!!! cool!!! should be helpful indeed!!!! This should help avoid the late-fine I ended up paying cos i was 4 days past overdue..

I know this is wishful thinking, but our jeep is registered as a truck (28 Sri) hence it needs a fitness test/certificate... any idea on how that works out?

• 2 months later...
Hey guys... my car is registered under my previous address - Kandana.... can i get the revenue renewed from Colombo ?

cannot do it online since asian allience is not supported

Maligawatta they hv centralized . Only for WP.

• 4 weeks later...

I did this two months ago, and I found a loop hole. If your green test is still valid for this year (i.e. not expired yet, but going to expire in the next few days/weeks), you can still submit for a renewal. So I won't have to pay for a green test till next year. I do recommend that you leave a buffer of a week or two, in case it expires while your application is being processed.

Guys,

My car revenue licence still states the previous owners name. Even though the car has been transfered to my name when i purchased it 2 months ago. Do u reckon i can still use this service? if not how do i change the revenue licence to my name? Mine is up for renewal this month

Rgds

Im also Having the same issue... If the vehicle is on open papers still can we use this online renewal?

Please advice :unsure:

I went for the green test today, there is a new portion that gives the fuel wastage figure in % this is toal c*ck figure.

The man explained that my needs a tupe up as it is EFI but said the car passed but you are wasting fuel and he was not able to explain the answer.

any comments guys

OT- But I too am vary curious on this 'wasting fuel' figures.. what were the readings you got? maybe a quick comparison will be useful.

I went for the green test today, there is a new portion that gives the fuel wastage figure in % this is toal c*ck figure.

The man explained that my needs a tupe up as it is EFI but said the car passed but you are wasting fuel and he was not able to explain the answer.

any comments guys

• 1 month later...
whats the fine for driving with expired revenue license?

A policeman trying to make you feel like an idiot, knowing there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

I know a couple of guys who got caught, both managed to get away, one who got mistaken for a A/L student who doesn't know about that stuff, and the other (I was in the car at the time) saying it had been renewed but his mother had forgotten to put the renewed one in the car...

Again, high time they switched to a sticker instead of that troublesome deal you currently have to go through.