• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Smart Cab

NPP

You do not know the adhesive strength of 3M VHB Tape

I HAVE NOT ADVERTISED ABOUT THE WATER LEAKING PROBLEM WHAT I DID WHEN A IMPORTER HAD A PROBLEM

Wijesinghe.

Apparently, neither do you, since as you said, it failed to do what you wanted.

And I really don't care for the way you keep advertising what you do while saying its not advertising. This sorta thing is what we call Guerrilla Marketing. Its something we don't care for. So I will tell you nicely. Don't do it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, neither do you, since as you said, it failed to do what you wanted.

And I really don't care for the way you keep advertising what you do while saying its not advertising. This sorta thing is what we call Guerrilla Marketing. Its something we don't care for. So I will tell you nicely. Don't do it.

Mr. Pericles,

First of all I did not want to go on for details of the problem of the ribbed rubber on that Navara cabs.

I will write under in detail. The Importer only Telephoned me and requested my advice.

This import was With a stop light on top of the cab. Carry boy canopy came separately

This Canopy's did not have the Canopy front Glass.

As this ribbed rubber has to be pulled and pasted to the cab and the rear hood but the Navara cab had a stop light on top.There was more than 6 Inches curved space for the stop light

To paste the ribbed rubber to the Body curve on the front cab top where the stoplight was when the ribbed rubber is pulled to paste it will come back to same old position due to elasticity of the ribbed rubber.

Original Cab which has the carry boy canopy do not have the stoplight on top of the cab and that body curve on the front body so person who paste the Ribbed rubber do not pull to paste.

3M VHB tape is good for pasting two mettle or rubber to Iron with out any elasticity.

For example Singapore Vehicles which was imported to Srilanka had a electronic card reader pasted with 3M tape inside the Windshield glass. few who tried to remove that ended up had W/S Glass cracked. There was only very simple method to remove that it takes only less than 120 Seconds.

I need not to do Guerrilla Marketing I do not belongs to that breed I am only a First class citizen in a third class country.

In my previous posts I have Written every thing how I came into this Forum. I have Apologized once because you told me I am advertising. I have not advertised my Business for last two Years in leading news papers.

At present I do not engage much in my Business it is being handled by a young Academically Qualified Person.

There are few members who write abusing personal messages to me I do reply them appropriately.

Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

I need not to do Guerrilla Marketing I do not belongs to that breed I am only a First class citizen in a third class country.

In my previous posts I have Written every thing how I came into this Forum. I have Apologized once because you told me I am advertising. I have not advertised my Business for last two Years in leading news papers.

At present I do not engage much in my Business it is being handled by a young Academically Qualified Person.

There are few members who write abusing personal messages to me I do reply them appropriately.

Wijesinghe

Mentioning your business and facilities IS advertising. Advertising has grown beyond static advertisements in leading papers.

If you want to stop being perceived as advertising, stop talking about your business. Just share the methods and results.

For example.

Talking about your work shop and personnel and extending an offer to do work free of charge, is what is known as a "promotion". It is marketing your services. It is spreading the word of what you have on offer. It is advertising.

So just quit talking about your business. There are others on this forum who have car related business interests who don't talk about it. They know and follow the rules.

Mentioning your business and facilities IS advertising. Advertising has grown beyond static advertisements in leading papers.

If you want to stop being perceived as advertising, stop talking about your business. Just share the methods and results.

For example.

Talking about your work shop and personnel and extending an offer to do work free of charge, is what is known as a "promotion". It is marketing your services. It is spreading the word of what you have on offer. It is advertising.

So just quit talking about your business. There are others on this forum who have car related business interests who don't talk about it. They know and follow the rules.

Mr. Pericles,

You have misunderstood me what a pity.

Wijesinghe

The fello is kind of "yanne koheda-malle pol" and it seems to be the way with him.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding here, rather than diverting away from the topic the purpose is to share knowledge.

Sylvi, you need not to provide your job records and boast about them as proof for what you r saying.

COOL down gents!

The fello is kind of "yanne koheda-malle pol" and it seems to be the way with him.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding here, rather than diverting away from the topic the purpose is to share knowledge.

Sylvi, you need not to provide your job records and boast about them as proof for what you r saying.

COOL down gents!

Sir

Ok

I only want to share my Knowlege lot of car owners get caught to unqualified mechanics and the job is not done after spending money the man who did the job is also evading.

I do not write what I do not Know. I am not boasting with my past records

Thanks for your Post.

Wijesinghe.

Does anybody know the price of 4WD Smartcab or Navara after the TAX reduction?

Thanks

Two weeks back I bought a 4WD 2.5L smartcab for 4.15 m with Carryboy G3 canopy/DVD/TV/Reverse Camera/body cladding/winker mirrors/bonnet gaurd/etc. Navaras are available from 3.5m(low ground clearance).

Edited by hyacc

Two weeks back I bought a 4WD 2.5L smartcab for 4.15 m with Carryboy G3 canopy/DVD/TV/Reverse Camera/body cladding/winker mirrors/bonnet gaurd/etc. Navaras are available from 3.5m(low ground clearance).

Thanks hyacc.

Is this the 'post-new tax' price?

Or is it further reduced now?

Edited by Sri-Lak

Thanks hyacc.

Is this the 'post-new tax' price?

Or is it further reduced now? Or will it be?

Vehicle sellers say this new tax don't affect smartcab/navara prices since they come under 'truck vehicles'. One seller said that they reduced '35,000' Rs for new tax price. Seller I bought my one reduced from 4.3m to 4.15m. Some sellers quote prices without canopy/roof racks and add various prices for those accessories. Prices change from vehicle to vehicle even in one place because of various options - manual a/c or auto ac, multi-function steering or normal steeing wheel, reverse camera or reverse sensor, factory fitted radio/cd player or dvd/tv, 2WD(PreRunner) or 4WD, 20inch alloy wheels, snorkel fitted, winch fitted, carryboy G3 canopy/hardtop/sports lid, roller bars, Projector(ring type) headlights or normal headlights. 3.0l version is more expensive 2-3lakhs than 2.5' version. 3.0l G version has cruise control, dual air bags, ABS. Fortuner face(headlights/grill) is 1 lak more. There are Harrier faces/Prado face/Benz face or original vigo face :):rolleyes:

These sellers import brand new smartcabs as 'Reconditioned'. My one manufactured in March 2010 and 25km on odometer but still imported as 'Recondtioned.' I was told by PLC leasing that it's their another trick to pay less tax at customs.

Edited by hyacc

Vehicle sellers say this new tax don't affect smartcab/navara prices since they come under 'truck vehicles'. One seller said that they reduced '35,000' Rs for new tax price. Seller I bought my one reduced from 4.3m to 4.15m. Some sellers quote prices without canopy/roof racks and add various prices for those accessories. Prices change from vehicle to vehicle even in one place because of various options - manual a/c or auto ac, multi-function steering or normal steeing wheel, reverse camera or reverse sensor, factory fitted radio/cd player or dvd/tv, 2WD(PreRunner) or 4WD, 20inch alloy wheels, snorkel fitted, winch fitted, carryboy G3 canopy/hardtop/sports lid, roller bars, Projector(ring type) headlights or normal headlights. 3.0l version is more expensive 2-3lakhs than 2.5' version. 3.0l G version has cruise control, dual air bags, ABS. Fortuner face(headlights/grill) is 1 lak more. There are Harrier faces/Prado face/Benz face or original vigo face :):rolleyes:

Thank you for all the details :)

Is yours registered as a lorry or Dual purpose?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Ministry of Finance and Planning stated that import tax imposed on buses, lorries, trucks and new lorry engines have been removed today (09), in accordance with the 2012 budget proposals. It added the import tax on tires used for lorries and buses has also been reduced by 50 percent.

The Ministry in a release states that these steps were taken by the government in order to encourage the importing of quality buses for the uplifting of tourism and passenger transport, and to ensure efficiency of goods transportation.

UNQUOTE

Does this mean prices of new Vigo's and Navara King Cabs will go down further?

Edited by thadiya