• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are There Any Local Racing Events Happening Soon?

m3cAnIx

Because a friend told me that he saw a couple of race cars been transported on flat bed trucks today... Guys any info, because as i would like to see some local racig events :rolleyes: ... As i've not seen any local race scenes for a long time... :)

06th & 07th March, 2010 - Sigiriya Rally

10th April, 2010 - Radella

16th & 17th April, 2010 - Foxhill

05th & 06th June, 2010 - Thoppigala

25th & 26th June, 2010 - Gunners

7th & 8th August, 2010 - Katukurunda

25th & 26th September, 2010 - Gajaba

Taken from the SLARDAR site.

Because a friend told me that he saw a couple of race cars been transported on flat bed trucks today... Guys any info, because as i would like to see some local racig events :rolleyes: ... As i've not seen any local race scenes for a long time... :)

SLMCC is conducting meets at mirigama on 17th Jan & 14th Feb .. there were few more dates mentioned in a notice board at the track itself last sunday.

SLMCC is conducting meets at mirigama on 17th Jan & 14th Feb .. there were few more dates mentioned in a notice board at the track itself last sunday.

Here's the notice board ;)

19867_1353329952837_1219051386_1061387_3

Bro .. are u coming to mirigama on sunday ? :)

'fraid not bro...there are a couple of difficulties getting my two "tin cans" to meerigama from wennapuwa...so pannala is my best bet...heard the negombo guys are planning something there(if the conditions are favorable,that is)...but as i have the weekend free will try my best to drop by and see you guys in action...

Edited by MasterDon

'fraid not bro...there are a couple of difficulties getting my two "tin cans" to meerigama from wennapuwa...so pannala is my best bet...heard the negombo guys are planning something there(if the conditions are favorable,that is)...but as i have the weekend free will try my best to drop by and see you guys in action...

Cool .. lets plan an outing at pannala :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Damn, events seem to be moving around. Carlton, Radella and Mahagasthota all moved dates since this thread was started, according to DD's site calendar.

They've moved Radella and Mahagasthota after Foxhill?

OT

thinking of going for foxhill this year! :D

haven't been there in ages and not after getting a camera!

since this is not a day drive in drive out scene... how about lodging in the area? any good places?

if i'm staying overnight i'll have to take the wifey and jnr and he's only 1 so need decent lodging!

and also how about the facilities at the track itself? do they now have loos and stuff? :P

bandarawela hotel is a decent place to stay. even ella rest house is a nice place but bit far

as for the loos... they are good in the morning but as the day goes on.... :)

That place that we stayed last year would be the better option Fuzzo. Or are you booking the whole place this time? :)

bandarawela hotel is a decent place to stay. even ella rest house is a nice place but bit far

as for the loos... they are good in the morning but as the day goes on.... :)

ah thanks mate :)

my searches on the web didn't turn up that many results. only one bungalow and god knows how far it is from the tracks.

as for the loos... couldn't properly hydrate myself both in katu and at sigiriya in 09 cos i couldn't spot any loos there at all

so had a few beers only on the way out cos on the way back there are enough outdoor experiences to be had :P

• 7 months later...

Reviving an old thread to ask a question -

What happened at the Kantale Rally?

Not strictly racing, but anyone going for the Colombo Motor Show? 22nd weekend, IIRC?

Also looks like Gunners Supercross is that weekend, according to DD's site. Any news on that? like who is running?

What are the rest of the events on the racing calendar?

Reviving an old thread to ask a question -

What happened at the Kantale Rally?

Not strictly racing, but anyone going for the Colombo Motor Show? 22nd weekend, IIRC?

Also looks like Gunners Supercross is that weekend, according to DD's site. Any news on that? like who is running?

What are the rest of the events on the racing calendar?

well from what i hear...aravinda had won SLGT event and there was an issue over 3rd and 4th place if i'm not mistaken.

maybe somebody who was there can elaborate as to what exactly happened...

I most probably will be driving to Gunners cos from what i hear...it's gonna be a bloody good event... especially in the SLGT class cos it's the last championship race for 2010 and 3 drivers are on a tough battle to win it :) Namely DD, Pasindu and Aravinda

it'll be the decider so hopefully a lot more action on the track